Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 629 of 828
singalg - I am thinking the same. We never had plantation shutters or block out roller blinds.

where are you getting them from?
Hi All:
Wisdoms require letter to commence construction? I am not really make sense with it.Is it from Wisdoms give me to sign or I just need write a letter to Wisdoms and request to start commence construction? Does anyone has ideas of that?
Many thanks
Home_17
Hi All:
Wisdoms require letter to commence construction? I am not really make sense with it.Is it from Wisdoms give me to sign or I just need write a letter to Wisdoms and request to start commence construction? Does anyone has ideas of that?
Many thanks

If your bank is funding the build, then you'll need a letter from the bank to show that they have approved your loan and funds are available.
doosra
Home_17
Hi All:
Many thanks

If your bank is funding the build, then you'll need a letter from the bank to show that they have approved your loan and funds are available.

Thanks Doosra:
We had construction loan approved from bank .So I just need give the loan approval letter to Wisdoms and also I signed paper is saying I will pay the gap between contract amount and loan amount.That should be ok?

Many thanks
Hi All, a quick question, what is the general build time from when the gyprock (inner lining of the house is done)

Kindly advise.
Kvav27
Hi All, a quick question, what is the general build time from when the gyprock (inner lining of the house is done)

Kindly advise.

Our gyprock went up on 30th June. We’re currently about 3 weeks away from PCI based on conversation with our SS today. The Wisdom inspections that need to take place before we get PCI date are scheduled for next week.

In theory if we keep running to this schedule we will have handover late October - so just about 4 months from gyprock to handover.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Jenifermarie
Kvav27

Kindly advise.

Our gyprock went up on 30th June. We’re currently about 3 weeks away from PCI based on conversation with our SS today. The Wisdom inspections that need to take place before we get PCI date are scheduled for next week.

In theory if we keep running to this schedule we will have handover late October - so just about 4 months from gyprock to handover.

We have a similar timeline. Gyprock completed early June and we have PCI this Friday.

I am trying to figure out a timeline from hydraulic plans to construction for KDR. I am aware that we get submission plans then go CDC. What happens after that? I have read about construction plans, draft end panel etc on here, but have not heard about these things from W so confused about actual order of process and timeframe to be expected.
Jenifermarie
Kvav27

Kindly advise.

Thanks Jenifermarie, for us SS says most probably inner lining/Gyprock in Oct 1st week.

So I should not hope for any miracle this year
. Our contract was 30 weeks. and construction started 4th May.
lombieagle
Jenifermarie
Kvav27

Kindly advise.

We have a similar timeline. Gyprock completed early June and we have PCI this Friday.

Thanks lombieagle , we started build on May 04 this year , construction has been consistent and moving. SS has been giving updates every friday but says will be able to give rough estimate post Gyprock. he expects Gyprock first week of Oct. I was just wishing that by some magic it will be this year
home_17 - Call your banker and they will arrange the letter for you. My bank send the letter directly to CSO.
One
I am trying to figure out a timeline from hydraulic plans to construction for KDR. I am aware that we get submission plans then go CDC. What happens after that? I have read about construction plans, draft end panel etc on here, but have not heard about these things from W so confused about actual order of process and timeframe to be expected.

Here’s a list for you in order ( from memory)

Hydraulics
Landscape amendments ( with down pipes etc if needed) a few days
Submission plans (1-3 weeks)
CDC submission
CDC approval returned ( mine took over 3 weeks but needed a few amendments)
Draft end panel ( mine took 5 weeks but have seen it much quicker)
Demolition ( a few weeks depends on site really)
Site supervisor check after demolition( one week roughly after demolition)
Site levels re taken after demolition ( 1 week roughly after demolition)
Construction plans (2-3 weeks)
End Panel ( I believe 24-48 hrs after return of construction plans)
Production estimates ( contract states 20 working days however seems to be quicker than that)
Construction

Time frames can vary as each individual build is unique and has unique challenges especially for KDRB. I received my hydraulics first week of June and will receive construction plans this week.

Hope that helps

What i did was send my bank statement to them to show I had funds available to cover the gap. Those 2 things were only thing required. Didn't sign anything else.
Home_17
doosra
Home_17
Hi All:
Many thanks

Thanks Doosra:
We had construction loan approved from bank .So I just need give the loan approval letter to Wisdoms and also I signed paper is saying I will pay the gap between contract amount and loan amount.That should be ok?

Many thanks

Manhattan52
One

Here’s a list for you in order ( from memory)

Hydraulics
Landscape amendments ( with down pipes etc if needed) a few days
Submission plans (1-3 weeks)
CDC submission
CDC approval returned ( mine took over 3 weeks but needed a few amendments)
Draft end panel ( mine took 5 weeks but have seen it much quicker)
Demolition ( a few weeks depends on site really)
Site supervisor check after demolition( one week roughly after demolition)
Site levels re taken after demolition ( 1 week roughly after demolition)
Construction plans (2-3 weeks)
End Panel ( I believe 24-48 hrs after return of construction plans)
Production estimates ( contract states 20 working days however seems to be quicker than that)
Construction

Time frames can vary as each individual build is unique and has unique challenges especially for KDRB. I received my hydraulics first week of June and will receive construction plans this week.

Hope that helps

Yes, thank you. That helps immensely.
One
You will also need to submit a CDC for demolition. Usually your demo company can do this for you but it does take 2 weeks. Also if you have had gas connected at the house your demolishing you will need to apply to abolish the gas connection. This can take up to 30 days.

Home_17
doosra
Home_17
Hi All:
Many thanks

Thanks Doosra:

Many thanks

I think the intention of the approval letter from the client is in order to give Wisdom Homes permission to build on your Block of land.
We wrote a brief letter basically saying such.
becks81
Jenifermarie (I don't know how to link usernames properly, so hopefully you see this), what did you SS say about your power sockets for your laundry? I went back to check our plans and they've put the icons for ours in the spots where our appliances will be but you've got me worried. Where was the socket in your electrical plan?

Becks81, just use '@' symbol before the screenname
cc: Jenifermarie
aaron2008
@singalg - I am thinking the same. We never had plantation shutters or block out roller blinds.

where are you getting them from?

Aaron2008, i am going through a quotation process at the moment, and plan to get a few quotes. Have reached out to Empire Windows Furnishings and Apollo blinds. I am looking for someone who can do everything (shutters, blinds and security doors).
Apollo does only shutters and blinds, where as Empire does everything: Blinds, curtains, shutters, screen doors.
Getting a couple more quotes on coming weekend...so havn't finalised yet.
singalg
becks81
Jenifermarie (I don't know how to link usernames properly, so hopefully you see this), what did you SS say about your power sockets for your laundry? I went back to check our plans and they've put the icons for ours in the spots where our appliances will be but you've got me worried. Where was the socket in your electrical plan?

Becks81, just use '@' symbol before the screenname
cc: @Jenifermarie

Thank you singalg!!
Jenifermarie
Kvav27

Kindly advise.

Hey, loving your kitchen! Just had a look at your blog and glad to see you are close to handover at long last.

Just thought I’d mention regarding the door handle, if you have the bar on outside and lever inside the door will lock on outside without the key. This is the set up we had installed and find it’s too easy to lock ourselves out! It is very secure though but we are still having it replaced with back to back handles as per our tender. SS said the roller latch required for this will open easily (blow open on a windy day) but we’ll get a snib installed. Anyway just thought I’d mention it as the set up they’ve given you means you can open it from outside.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum