Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 627 of 828
A question abt the blinds/shutters, for square set windows. What are your thoughts if they should be installed within the recess/frame or outside on architraves/wall? what do people go with in general?
I am thinking of getting them installed within the recess/squareset not to have anything sticking out of the window frame...
A question on IOC/PCI.
During landscaping, W advised to have steps added to tender due to a small drop outside the laundry door and leisure stacker door for PCI/IOC compliance purposes, and I had opted out of that thinking I will get that covered as a part of my all landscaping tasks that I will do later.
There is a 1-2 step drop outside these doors.
Do you think it will block me from getting IOC/PCI? is it something that I could do later, has to be done now?
singalg
A question abt the blinds/shutters, for square set windows. What are your thoughts if they should be installed within the recess/frame or outside on architraves/wall? what do people go with in general?
I am thinking of getting them installed within the recess/squareset not to have anything sticking out of the window frame...

We have had our sliding doors square set. Because the frames are so deep there is no space left to have the blinds recessed. We have the same problem with awning windows that are upstairs in areas that have cladding outside instead of brick.

We’re still putting in blinds for now because budget doesn’t allow for anything else but I think we will replace them when we can with curtains or get pelmets to cover the blinds.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
singalg
A question on IOC/PCI.
During landscaping, W advised to have steps added to tender due to a small drop outside the laundry door and leisure stacker door for PCI/IOC compliance purposes, and I had opted out of that thinking I will get that covered as a part of my all landscaping tasks that I will do later.
Do you think it will block me from getting IOC/PCI? is it something that I could do later, has to be done now?

The steps will be required to obtain Interim OC.
singalg
A question on IOC/PCI.

I'm going to use my bricks that are left over to lay some steps. Just dig up some dirt, level it out, pour concrete and then place then use the bricks to make the steps. I'm sure you can get away for interim as well if you want to go to bunnings and buy some wooden steps as a quick cheap solution.
IamSAM
singalg
A question on IOC/PCI.

The steps will be required to obtain Interim OC.

Thanks IamSAM
doosra
singalg
A question on IOC/PCI.

I'm going to use my bricks that are left over to lay some steps. Just dig up some dirt, level it out, pour concrete and then place then use the bricks to make the steps. I'm sure you can get away for interim as well if you want to go to bunnings and buy some wooden steps as a quick cheap solution.

Thanks Doosra, just what I was also thinking. Since it is needs only a 1-2 step, I could just put a 1-2 step stool (levelled) to get away for IoC, and then replace it with proper decking later!
Manhattan52
@Doosra
Any luck in your tiles?

My SS just reverted back and said they're being air freighted instead to minimize delays so it should only be about 14 days so i'm assuming it should be done by handover.
doosra
Manhattan52
@Doosra
Any luck in your tiles?

My SS just reverted back and said they're being air freighted instead to minimize delays so it should only be about 14 days so i'm assuming it should be done by handover.

Great to hear
Brilliant result
singalg

For square set I would go recessed, unless they are double roller blinds or it’s stacker doors, then you’ll have to have them on the architraves/wall.

Stukip
Have been advised that Hydraulics is now taking the W engineer 4-5 weeks to complete. Has increased from 2-3 weeks advised in June 2018. For a standard Wisdom design with no external modifications.
Seriously?!

Hi Stukip, our hydraulics took 6 weeks. Actually 8 weeks because our CSR wasn't aware that we had signed our landscape plan so it was delayed by 2 weeks
ASJ1981
ozmonkeyoy
It will be much easier to have W put in the water points and drainage into your alfresco rather than doing it post handover.
It can be done but much easier so pipes can be run under slab.

But requesting this now will cause more delays and maybe variation fees.

Good luck...

Thanks ozmonkeyoy. I figured there will definitely be variation fees. We are waiting for Submissions Plans right now and it will cause more delays. I need to pick my battles on this one
Sink would be great and convenient - some might argue it's necessary, but it's not a deal breaker for me - i don't think. I have seen outdoor kitchens online with just the bbq and bar fridge and for now, i think those two combos should suffice. Hubby will just have to wash his hands with the backyard hose

Hey ASJ1981, the cold and hot water points plus drainage is costing us $890. FYI
becks81
ASJ1981
ozmonkeyoy
It will be much easier to have W put in the water points and drainage into your alfresco rather than doing it post handover.

Good luck...

Thanks ozmonkeyoy. I figured there will definitely be variation fees. We are waiting for Submissions Plans right now and it will cause more delays. I need to pick my battles on this one
Sink would be great and convenient - some might argue it's necessary, but it's not a deal breaker for me - i don't think. I have seen outdoor kitchens online with just the bbq and bar fridge and for now, i think those two combos should suffice. Hubby will just have to wash his hands with the backyard hose

Hey ASJ1981, the cold and hot water points plus drainage is costing us $890. FYI

arrghhh, something i overlooked. I've got hot & cold water points, but don't have the drainage ! anyone know how difficult that is?
ASJ1981
becks81
Can you please elaborate on the vanity design and this fascia and aluminium strip at all?

Hi becks81. We are on Luxury Package so i am not sure if there is a difference between packages. But the standard vanity looks like this:

Though it is not bad, i personally don't think the aluminium strip will suit the rest of my bathroom!

For our Powder Room, we asked Timpelle to make our vanity like this:

I would have loved for the doors to go all the way up for the ensuite and main bathroom.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm checking ours, I didn't know about the shadow line! Our powder and master should be like your powder with the drawers going up to the stone but I think our other Ensuites will be with the shadow line. I've already used up 2 quotes and as they aren't high traffic areas (kids rooms), I think I'm inclined to leave it.
doosra
becks81
ASJ1981

arrghhh, something i overlooked. I've got hot & cold water points, but don't have the drainage ! anyone know how difficult that is?

I would have over looked it as well, I think, but we're getting WH to do the outdoor kitchen so they factored it in.
On a different note, has anyone funded their build substantially or partially using private funds? How is the payment schedule affected by this?
On a different note, has anyone funded their build substantially or partially using private funds? How is the payment schedule affected by this?
doosra
becks81
ASJ1981
[quote="ozmonkeyoy"]It will be much easier to have W put in the water points and drainage into your alfresco rather than doing it post handover.

Good luck...

arrghhh, something i overlooked. I've got hot & cold water points, but don't have the drainage ! anyone know how difficult that is?[/quote]Drainage is tough after handover as drainage normally runs under slab to link with your sewer.
Can still be done but depends where you wantthe drainage and how it can be linked to existing plumbing.

We had to have plumber come post handover to extend our sewer for our pool wastage but that was easy as trench was dug alongside the house, not through any slabs.

becks81

Not quite sure what you mean by this, but yes, i've funded my build up to a certain amount then the bank gets involved in the progress payment. It doesn't impact the payment schedule
becks81
They will ask for all of your contribution upfront. We negiotated for them to take drawdowns as per their schedule (as our bank paid approx 60% of build) but had to pay for all post contract varistions upfront. So we paid for slab after slab and then the balance at next progress pymt and then the bank started.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum