Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 623 of 788
poppet82
poppet82
Moscato5
[quote="poppet82"]Verdelho what would you change if you could ?
I'd love to see people's internal color choices... kitchen and tiles I think is my hardest choice !

However now clocking up 9 weeks and still no first plans back. Sheesh. Disheartened to say the least.

Kitchen: Polar White sheen cupboards with Jet Black ceaserstone bench tops, black glass splash back.

Walls: Taubmans Ancient Myth

Ceiling and all trimmings: Taubmans Elusive white

Floor tiles: Beaumont Heartwood Walnut (from front patio , right though to back Terrazza)

Carpet: Carpet court (can't remember name) but dark grey /charcoal standard

Bath/ensuite - floor - Beaumont Belga charcoal
Feature wall / niche / bath surrounds - Heartwood walnut
Rest of room - haven linen shine
Classic white sheen cupboards
Ceaserstone walnut vanity tops

Thanks moscato I'll look these up later online to get some ideas until we get our color books

Was the heartwood walnut a standard or extra ?

[/quote]

We've been told they are for us. Remember though we are south coast and all areas seem to have different ranges. Our local Beaumont has a different range and much less range then the one BH actually use for our build. Heartwood is not standard with our local store, but is luckily for the one they use. It's because they are different franchises.
Lucky you Moscato! They certainly are not a standard at Prospect Beaumont where we went through.
Beaumont tiles was who we went through and it is one of two suppliers we could go through. Kicking myself now that we didn't ask about a CSD to pantry!!
These are the sort of things they should be suggesting to us at the colours consultation, or planning stage. No one suggested that to us, and same with broom or overhead cupboard in linen cupboard. No one suggested that from beechwood.
I have just purchased an upright Dyson vacuum, and looking at our cupboards, I will either have to put it in a spare bedroom cupboard or in the garage. Because the cupboard we have in laundry and hallway both have four shelves. Which is great, but as I say.....
if I could go back and replan the Verdelho twist floorplan, I would move the hall cupboard over to the garage wall, and make it bigger, and internally have shelves and hanging space. That way you have somwhere to store winter coats and vacuum cleaner etc.
Do most people upgrade to polytec in bathrooms and kitchens? (is this what is otherwise known as vacuum formed?) Or do a lot of customers stay with standard cupboards? Just curious.
I've been a little absent, so just a quick update.

We received our tender just before the price rise, 29.01 I think.
We received plans back on the 18.03. We paid the remainder of the deposit and signed off on plans on the 13.04 because we had a few questions about the plans (there was a typo in the revised tender we received after the contour survey and I wanted to ask about retaining walls because we had a section cut out around the ENTIRE house - turns out that cut is next to nothing, but when you aren't an architect, reading plans is like reading another language!)
Haven't heard anything since. I'm worried about getting smashed with the price rise because I don't remember what is required of us in the 180 day period

We got our colour booklet and have picked a few things but my husband and I are arguing about almost everything because that's just how we roll.

It feels like I'm getting an email every second day from our bank saying "oh and by the way I need this paperwork too," because we are refinancing the land, and it's in my name only, and that name happens to be my maiden name. Did I mention, we don't like to do things the easy way?
THE PLANS ARRIVED !!!!

hallelujah !!!!

We are having polytec cabinets part of the 20k upgrade package but without the color brochures I don't know if it's going to have what I had in mind anyway.

Verdelho what's the prospect Beaumont range like... I guess that's who we will be going through.. We've been told that have a massive range ??
I take it from your comment above that they don't have anything like that heartwood as standard ?

Oh and we roll much the same... we're "debating" everything lol..

Where abouts are you building ?

nervousnelly

CSD are great as they allow you more room/wall space. I have a CSD in WIR, ensuite, pantry, hallway off living/dining, laundry(this one is actually transparent glass), and also I have a small laundry room inside my laundry so there is one on there as well. 6 in total. Yes I am a big fan of CSD

hey nelly I can't remember your plans, would love to see them

Our frames are up but not finished, hopefully they'll be back mon to finish off the roof trusses, I sooooo wanna go see inside my house!
Verdelho5TGT
I've been a little absent, so just a quick update.

We received our tender just before the price rise, 29.01 I think.
We received plans back on the 18.03. We paid the remainder of the deposit and signed off on plans on the 13.04 because we had a few questions about the plans (there was a typo in the revised tender we received after the contour survey and I wanted to ask about retaining walls because we had a section cut out around the ENTIRE house - turns out that cut is next to nothing, but when you aren't an architect, reading plans is like reading another language!)
Haven't heard anything since. I'm worried about getting smashed with the price rise because I don't remember what is required of us in the 180 day period

We got our colour booklet and have picked a few things but my husband and I are arguing about almost everything because that's just how we roll.

It feels like I'm getting an email every second day from our bank saying "oh and by the way I need this paperwork too," because we are refinancing the land, and it's in my name only, and that name happens to be my maiden name. Did I mention, we don't like to do things the easy way?

it's so frustrating waiting for the bank, I lost mths going back & forth between the broker & the bank. Even my 11yr old was like 'oh my goodness can't they do simple maths' haha
lileegirl
nervousnelly

CSD are great as they allow you more room/wall space. I have a CSD in WIR, ensuite, pantry, hallway off living/dining, laundry(this one is actually transparent glass), and also I have a small laundry room inside my laundry so there is one on there as well. 6 in total. Yes I am a big fan of CSD

hey nelly I can't remember your plans, would love to see them

Our frames are up but not finished, hopefully they'll be back mon to finish off the roof trusses, I sooooo wanna go see inside my house!

hi lileegirl will pm you
From memory, anything with a silver sticker is standard. Where is your closest Beaumont store? I looked at Penrith and Prospect (I think you can actually do your appointment at Penrith now aswell, but I think the range is the same).
Heartwood are the wood look tiles aren't they? If so, they were not standard, but an upgrade.
We only used standard tiles. Didn't increase tiling heights anywhere, but did use a textured (?)/bumpy subway tile for kitchen splashback which didn't cost much extra. There was something else we had to pay for, so all up I think we only spent $400 extra at Beaumonts. We are using the same floor tile on the bath hob. Its also on the shower wall against outside wall as a feature. In the ensuite, we have used the floor tile in the shower as a feature. The rest of tiling is white rectangular gloss tile. Vanities are white with a snowy ceasarstone top.
Update: we have more painting today, and looks like tiles have been delivered in garage!
Some of you guys are moving ahead nicely

Verdelho5TGT, you Gosford council by any chance? I hear they are the slowest up Central Coast for approvals.

I contacted our bank manager, and he doesn't anything from us until after council approval with contract and finals figure.

Anyone upgrade to 500x500 or 600 x 600 porcelain tiles at colour appointment?
Anybody building at watagan park. Here is a fb page for the new development ( us people building there) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1712634942309878/

Greetings all, newbie here we have purchased land in Watagan Park. Next step is deciding on builders, leaning favourably towards Beechwood for their open, simple yet effective floorplans. For the uninitiated being me, what is exactly involved in BW'S tender to be $5,500??

Cheers,
Bordeaux5
what is exactly involved in BW'S tender to be $5,500??

They don't charge for the tender, they will provide you with an quote, then if you are happy, you pay $5500 and they do the surveys and plans and stuff. then submit it to council when you sign them.
Bordeaux5
Greetings all, newbie here we have purchased land in Watagan Park. Next step is deciding on builders, leaning favourably towards Beechwood for their open, simple yet effective floorplans. For the uninitiated being me, what is exactly involved in BW'S tender to be $5,500??

Cheers,

Getting the tender written up is free. You don't pay any money until you decide to go ahead with it and they go to drawing plans. So basically the $5500 covers all the initial costs: drawings, council, insurances etc. It comes off the final cost of the contract price. We are at the bank today to sign our mortgage papers and will go to construction from here on in. And we have only paid $5500. The next payment isn't till slab goes down. Hope this helps
Thanks for reply guys, our BW comsultant is asking for an initial $2,000 to make a start and go into the queue? That sound right?
Bordeaux5
Thanks for reply guys, our BW comsultant is asking for an initial $2,000 to make a start and go into the queue? That sound right?

You mean no free tender? paid $2000 for apply tender?
Call head office for clarification. But tender process is free

Bordeaux5

I did the same, paid $2000 after I received the tender, actually the 3rd revised tender. Then they drew up my plans for council, I had a LONG wait time for my land to register so it was good using that time to have the plans ready to go
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum