Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 622 of 828
ASJ1981
Manhattan52
ASJ1981
Hi guys, received email from CSR today advising we have Developer Approval. She said she will now request Submission Plans for Council. How long do Submission Plans take? Just wondering....

Mine took 3 weeks. I’m not sure if that’s typical or not. I would say could vary and be quicker depends on how many in the queue in front maybe.

Thank you manhattan52. Is there anything i need to know/look out for on Submission Plans? I was told they would provide me with a copy first before submitting to Council.

I probably need to worry about the final constructions plans instead?

Anything internal looks doors etc isn’t really an issue. They can fix up any errors like that later. I would just check room by room and list any errors to your CSR. They might not be relevant at this stage but good to flag them. Make sure windows are correct and external doors though
Manhattan52
Anything internal looks doors etc isn’t really an issue. They can fix up any errors like that later. I would just check room by room and list any errors to your CSR. They might not be relevant at this stage but good to flag them. Make sure windows are correct and external doors though

Fantastic! Thanks. In regards to windows and doors, how would i know if they are correct? I have never received any doors or window info/schedule... Would i need to look them up?
ASJ1981
Manhattan52

Fantastic! Thanks. In regards to windows and doors, how would i know if they are correct? I have never received any doors or window info/schedule... Would i need to look them up?

You will get a schedule last page I think. Check they are what you want. You will be able to see on the elevation pages how they look from the outside. Also check the labels of each window against the schedule. I didn’t have any errors but just in case
Manhattan52
ASJ1981
Manhattan52

You will get a schedule last page I think. Check they are what you want. You will be able to see on the elevation pages how they look from the outside. Also check the labels of each window against the schedule. I didn’t have any errors but just in case

Thank you very much manhattan52. That's great to know
Manhattan52
Manhattan52
becks81
I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, we only got our PCV today to have our single additional step poured with the slab. But what I mean is, some of you have been quoted for pine, we weren't give a choice when it was part of landscaping. I enquired about concrete after we got our Landscape PA for timber and the landscape manager told me it should he "Homes" and then organised for my CSR to have a variation raised for it via Homes. We have now added it to our tiling. We hadn't factored it into our tender at all as we didn't realise we needed a step (thinking our land was flat enough to do without).

Not sure why things are different. Have had it as concrete steps on plans as part of slab for 16 months. It was included in my tiles appointment nearly 12 months ago.
Was told after CDC approval a few months ago that Homes no longer do the steps and landscapes do if you want concrete. That’s when they sent through the PCV from homes for the timber steps which I declined

becks81 have your plans been submitted yet to council?

Not yet, Manhattan52, our door issues arose from checking our submission plans. I've been assured that these issues won't affect submission.
ASJ1981
Manhattan52

Hey ASJ1981, ours came in about 1 week from when our CSR requested them (this was after hydraulics was received).

I am pretty clueless but just went room by room and checked walls, doors, windows; checked all the notations around the outside of the plans. You'll get a window and door schedule with the plans. I checked all the window and door codes matched and checked the measurements were correct. I found quite a few discrepancies so I flagged them with my CSR. I've been told that only the external doors and windows matter for submission, all other issues will be fixed when they draw up construction plans.

This is still currently a work in progress for us but once we give the verbal go ahead, they will submit to council.
becks81
ASJ1981
Manhattan52

Hey ASJ1981, ours came in about 1 week from when our CSR requested them (this was after hydraulics was received).

I am pretty clueless but just went room by room and checked walls, doors, windows; checked all the notations around the outside of the plans. You'll get a window and door schedule with the plans. I checked all the window and door codes matched and checked the measurements were correct. I found quite a few discrepancies so I flagged them with my CSR. I've been told that only the external doors and windows matter for submission, all other issues will be fixed when they draw up construction plans.

This is still currently a work in progress for us but once we give the verbal go ahead, they will submit to council.

Thanks becks81! Seems like we are on similar timelines! Wow, 1 week seems pretty quick! When Council assesses the submission, do they also determine the BAL if any and what requirements will be if any? I've no idea about these things!
ASJ1981
becks81

Thanks becks81! Seems like we are on similar timelines! Wow, 1 week seems pretty quick! When Council assesses the submission, do they also determine the BAL if any and what requirements will be if any? I've no idea about these things!

I'm not sure about BAL. We are not in a bushfire prone area so it's not been on my radar. I assume WH had a good idea what will be required, much like BASIX, so hopefully there will not be any major surprises in council. My council is notoriously strict and slow so I am not hopeful that we will be through in time to start before Xmas
becks81
ASJ1981
becks81

I'm not sure about BAL. We are not in a bushfire prone area so it's not been on my radar. I assume WH had a good idea what will be required, much like BASIX, so hopefully there will not be any major surprises in council. My council is notoriously strict and slow so I am not hopeful that we will be through in time to start before Xmas
/quote]

I don't think we are in bushfire prone area either but I keep hearing the term so wonder if I should be aware of it anyway. We will be in a new estate with some trees and bushes but I think that might be far from our area though. I think our build will start in January 2019 going by timelines and what needs to get done etc...
aaron2008
What a Shame!

We have yet to hear from W about who will sand and screed the Alfresco gap. We are yet to see the gap in the plan!

We were quoted $2500 by W for alfresco tiling. We opted out because W landscaper thought we will be okay for timber deck. Council refused timber deck due to BAL rating. I am pretty sure $2500 std quote for alfresco tiling.

We want W to either show the gap in the contract or sand and screed the outdoor area so its ready for us to tile!

Also we are denied walk through even though according to our signed walk through are allowed. Our SS is quote busy and Head of Construction is passing the baton. Its very sad that we pay good 20% more than the other builders to get such worst service!!

Its been a month from our walk through request & 1 week since we flagged alfresco issue.

I have yet to see our tilling, where we paid $75/sqm for labour only! we have no idea how it is going.

As most of our issues are Contract Breach, we will now look at ombudsmen options.

Sorry to hear Aaron, hopefully, your build and WH will come to positive terms to solve the above issues.
aaron2008
What a Shame!

We have yet to hear from W about who will sand and screed the Alfresco gap. We are yet to see the gap in the plan!

We were quoted $2500 by W for alfresco tiling. We opted out because W landscaper thought we will be okay for timber deck. Council refused timber deck due to BAL rating. I am pretty sure $2500 std quote for alfresco tiling.

We want W to either show the gap in the contract or sand and screed the outdoor area so its ready for us to tile!

Also we are denied walk through even though according to our signed walk through are allowed. Our SS is quote busy and Head of Construction is passing the baton. Its very sad that we pay good 20% more than the other builders to get such worst service!!

Its been a month from our walk through request & 1 week since we flagged alfresco issue.

I have yet to see our tilling, where we paid $75/sqm for labour only! we have no idea how it is going.

As most of our issues are Contract Breach, we will now look at ombudsmen options.

Hi aaron2008, sorry to hear abt the issues you are facing. I though a walkthrough could be requested any time, expecting to be a max of a week's notice. Are you following up these issues with CSR or SS?
singalg
Hi aaron2008, sorry to hear abt the issues you are facing. I though a walkthrough could be requested any time, expecting to be a max of a week's notice. Are you following up these issues with CSR or SS?

We did our walkthrough with SS (text or email comm), 3 to 5 days ahead of notice.
OMG Day 1 Colours appointments over.

I am so exhausted it’s ridiculous!

My wife and I are reviewing contracts as the $50K Designer upgrade doesn’t seem to give as much as you anticipate.

Has anyone tiled ILO Carpet for their Rumpus and been charged?
$35 tile allowance replaces it, but appears that $1100 is still the difference.

Doesn’t seem to add up in my head...

Can anyone confirm the quality of the windows? I think the brand used is Trend. I’ve just read some not great reviews on quality e.g. sticking, ill-fitting frames, awning levers sticking etc
GLO

Yes it costs to do this. The cost of the tile may be the same as the carpet but I assume it costs them more to lay tiles in lieu of carpet.

MandM+4
GLO

Yes it costs to do this. The cost of the tile may be the same as the carpet but I assume it costs them more to lay tiles in lieu of carpet.

Thanks

So if the carpet and tile cost is the same (as the example) then the labour for tiling is $1100 over the cost for laying carpet.

It just feels like now offset was provided.
GLO
MandM+4
GLO

Thanks

So if the carpet and tile cost is the same (as the example) then the labour for tiling is $1100 over the cost for laying carpet.

It just feels like now offset was provided.

The rumpus is quite confusing. I got charged $7748 I have extra large tiles tough and are more than the allowance
Have attached the breakdown. Carpet credit was $900

Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?
One
Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?

Was sent a credit variation a few months after my appointment but I did have to ask for it
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum