Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 63 of 788
natandash thats crazy. I feel for you and know how it feels. When we got our commencement letter they went out n ,oved some dirt on day 20 odd and then didnt do a thing for about another 6 weeks! What exactly is the problem? I hope its only smooth sailing from here on...
Qestion for everyone - does anyone have their SS mobile number or do you contact via BW offices?
Quote:
does anyone have their SS mobile number or do you contact via BW offices?

marknbet-We were told at contract signing, that 'No , BW do NOT give out mobile no.'s as the SS wouldn't get any work done because of all the people ringing him'. My argument is, no one would be ringing him if everything was getting done.
Hey Moon River,

How could they not give you guys the SS's no? Supposing you want to get a quote for something, isn't it the SS's job to open up the site for you? With all the delays we have, our SS can always be reached. Try again with BW & put your case forward & see what happens.
we were also told that no, they wouldnt give out numbers. we saw the SS on site one day and he emphasised that no, we couldnt have the number and if we needed to speak to him, beechwood would transfer the call or get him to call back
Hi All hope everyone is good...
We are still unpacking and the landscaping has started have to say I am sick of all the dirt!!!

I had our SS phone number he was happy to give to me probalay cause he knew I would complain and he would get in trouble by his boss this way he could just address the concerns directly Mind you I still have issues that he needs to get corrected And I call/text and yep getting no response! hmmmm!!!

Marknbet - I brought the light in a shop in auburn a side street across from Harvey Norman the store called klassy lighting

Acre1 - lovin your place looks fab!! Good luck with walk through and handover I do hope it's smooth...

---
-
28 days starts NOW!!! Commencement letter was sent today

We are so excited we even went out for dinner tonight to celebrate
jacknruby
Hi All hope everyone is good...

Acre1 - lovin your place looks fab!! Good luck with walk through and handover I do hope it's smooth...

Yeah well settlement isnt going to happen next week

I should have known.
the carpenter was there today and finished off his work.
There are a few things im not happy with, the types of door handles on the front door, i was meant to get a dummy handle but it just doesnt look right, its more the lock on the dummy handle. Should it be like this?
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/Jett0807/photo13.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/Jett0807/photo12.jpg
also noticed a large crack in the ceiling today

bit of a bummer.
we still need the basins installed, all the taps installed, the fly screens, shower screens, door stoppers, door seals, glass splash back all before Tuesday when the cleaner will be there.
AND get this.....the guy doing the invoices at BW is away and cant get the final invoice to us till he is back, then our bank will need about 1-1.5 weeks to get the chq as they have to value the place.
BUT on a good note, our SS is letting us still get our carpet, tiling and our own electrical done next week even if we dont settle.

oh and BTW our old SS wouldnt give us his number BUT he called me once without blocking the number so i did have it, but never phoned him direct, But our new SS gave me his number.
Well, I may have spoken too soon
No-one can get a hold of our tilers and Indent are not getting back to SS about organizing someone else to finish off the job. The painters didn't finish today as planned but won't come back till Monday and the plumber is booked in for Monday so unless everyone is planning to work on top of each other I'm not quite sure what's going to happen. Needless to say I'm concerned our Walk Through date will be put back. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings ...........
marknbet
natandash thats crazy. I feel for you and know how it feels. When we got our commencement letter they went out n ,oved some dirt on day 20 odd and then didnt do a thing for about another 6 weeks! What exactly is the problem? I hope its only smooth sailing from here on...
Qestion for everyone - does anyone have their SS mobile number or do you contact via BW offices?

The problems are mainly frame related, sections that need support aren't supported etc. There are other things too like our sliding door has been installed the wrong way around

We were told that we would not be given our SS mobile number but due to the GM now being involved, our SS contacted us direct and has told us to deal with him directly via his own mobile number. I just hope things get a wriggle on!!
Going out to our block on the weekend so hopefully we see some progress!!
2.2acredream
Well, I may have spoken too soon
No-one can get a hold of our tilers and Indent are not getting back to SS about organizing someone else to finish off the job. The painters didn't finish today as planned but won't come back till Monday and the plumber is booked in for Monday so unless everyone is planning to work on top of each other I'm not quite sure what's going to happen. Needless to say I'm concerned our Walk Through date will be put back. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings ...........

Is walk through on the 7th or is that settlement?
its so frustrating isnt it. to tell you the truth, my SS has had enough just as much as me. he is so annoyed at it all. he has been with another builder for 15yrs and ours will be his first handover since starting with BW and really annoyed with how different BW are to his old employer.
ill be back at our house tomorrow morning and hope that the plumber will be there.
When is your contract build up?
Acre1, 2.2Acredream-Sorry to hear your dramas. One step forward and 2 steps back!! Another thing regarding your dummy door handle photo Acre1. It doesn't look level. One handle is further away from the centre then the other. Or maybe it's just my eyes.

Sarbear-Yay!!! Looks like we will be building together. We are just at the beginning while Amanda and Anna are at the end of this building nightmare!

Well we have a toilet and a BEECHWOOD sign. Yippeeeee!!!!
We had a HUGE shock this morning wen I drove past our block, the roof tiles were being ripped off!! Turns out we had the same issues as 2.2, our front roof trusses were installed incorrectly which led to the other issues we failed from council. I had a mini break down.. Seeing your home being disassembled is very disheartening!
Seeing as we now have the number for our SS, hubby called to find out what was planned. During the conversation, we found out that our customer service rep hasn't been passing on our quearies to SS!! SS was helpful and has ppl working this weekend to get things back on track. He was also apologetic of the roof trusses as this was something he should of noticed. Apparently BW have a new truss manufacturer and the chippies are still installing the trusses like the old ones.
Fingers crossed we are over our bumpy patch and next week is better!!
acrebuild1
When is your contract build up?

Our contract was up on the 6th of September. It's sooo frustrating. So close yet so far. We've been picking up any problems as we go along so we don't expect any surprise come walk through and plan to settle that day if we can.

The tiler was there today. Told me straight out that while Indent were giving our SS the run around they had actually been sent by indent to do another job!!!! Add to that we were a total of 7 tiles short and they only gave the tiler 5!?????? Pure stupidity! The guy was on his own and left us a note to say he'd be back tomorrow to finish off.

No delivery today
We were expecting everything for fitout. Hopefully Monday! In the meantime we'll get started on the electrical over the weekend and maybe get some things done in the yard! Always something to do; just wish it was moving furniture!!

Natandash - isn't it gut wrenching!! They didn't pull any tiles off with us but our ceiling in our family room looked like the ocean it had so many waves in it! Our frame was made by Bunnings and 14 trusses has been manufactured wrong! You expect bumps along the way but when you something is structurally wrong it's just awful!!!! I have specifically asked for an engineers report stating what was wrong, how it was fixed and that it is not going to cause additional problem down the track. I would suggest you do the same.
Good idea, thanx for the tip!! We took a couple of photos today, most roof tiles are back on but inside looks a mess. Costa need to come back and fix up all the electrical wires. Hubby is updating our blog now.
hey moonriver,, we are very close together for start times... your 28 days was starting when mine was nearly ending but you have already got more done than me.. will be interesting to see how the builds will go as in times...
Hows everyone going?
2.2 would love to see some pics?

AFM - went and bought all the lights today 40 downlights, 5 ceiling fans, fluro tubs for the garages, oyster lights for WIP and WIR, my fancy pendant for the entry (if i can find a pic online ill post a pic of it)
instead of lights under the bench we are having LED strips, love the idea of these are they give out even light where the normal lights dont.
the electrician is starting Wednesday.
Quote:
already got more done than me
REALLY?

It's strange, is'nt it? I may have a toilet, but I'll probably be waiting 6 weeks for formwork to start. Neighbours are starting to take notice now we have a BW sign.
Just got our Final Account - Just BWARE of the provisional allowances, Ours were under so we got a credit, but could have easily gone the other way and cost more, Things like Brickcleaning etc
acrebuild1
Hows everyone going?
2.2 would love to see some pics?

AFM - went and bought all the lights today 40 downlights, 5 ceiling fans, fluro tubs for the garages, oyster lights for WIP and WIR, my fancy pendant for the entry (if i can find a pic online ill post a pic of it)
instead of lights under the bench we are having LED strips, love the idea of these are they give out even light where the normal lights dont.
the electrician is starting Wednesday.

Acre,

Were all these lights included in your Basix report?

Our Basix makes no mention of lights. However we want to install various external and internal lights as well as fans.

However were told today that we should get these done after inspection so our Basix does not chnage.

Does anyone know when this inspection is done? Or is it a council one when occupancy cert is done?
There getting done after handover, as far as i thought, its my house ill do what i want..hehe
On the plans that went to council there was only 1 light per room so i hope that doesnt cause much of a concern.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum