Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 618 of 828
ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981
I'm with becks81. We increased all doors downstairs as we have 2.74m ceilings. However, I don't think they increased my stacker doors though. Can this be changed and will I incur a fee?

Have you gone for DA/CDC yet?

No not yet. We haven't received any plans yet at all. Our land just registered 2weeks ago so not quite there yet. But I'm pretty sure they didnt increase the stacker doors downstairs. Everything else is increased because I know we paid extra... I also have not seen the door schedule or anything like that..

Email your CSR now, I don't know if its a redraw fee as it may need to be changed on the plan, I haven't been told yet.
ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981
I'm with becks81. We increased all doors downstairs as we have 2.74m ceilings. However, I don't think they increased my stacker doors though. Can this be changed and will I incur a fee?

Have you gone for DA/CDC yet?

No not yet. We haven't received any plans yet at all. Our land just registered 2weeks ago so not quite there yet. But I'm pretty sure they didnt increase the stacker doors downstairs. Everything else is increased because I know we paid extra... I also have not seen the door schedule or anything like that..

You would need to change it prior to approvals as it’s an external door. It’s not a big deal, I think most people leave them standard height, I just really like our supersized one

I have this:

Provide 1No. ASD2332 aluminium stacker door to Leisure / Outdoor Leisure ILOS.

I remember a few months ago looking for this door on the Trend website to check measurements but i couldn't find it.
MandM+4
You would need to change it prior to approvals as it’s an external door. It’s not a big deal, I think most people leave them standard height, I just really like our supersized one

Thanks MandM+4. I definitely want them high. I think it would look much better especially since my ceilings are high too. So when i get Submission Plans, i'll ask about it then? They will have to re-draw?
ASJ1981
I have this:

I remember a few months ago looking for this door on the Trend website to check measurements but i couldn't find it.

I found out by default Widom provide Synergy, not Quantum which is meant to be much better in terms of sliding/opening/wheels etc.

Has anyone upgraded their windows/sliding doors to quantum?
ASJ1981
I have this:

Ours are ASD2336 and are 2340mm, I did ask for there biggest doors they could fit from a width perspective.
becks81
ASJ1981
I have this:

Ours are ASD2336 and are 2340mm, I did ask for there biggest doors they could fit from a width perspective.

Yes our first ever consult with the Sales Consultant, she has "widest possible stacker door". I need to clarify the height and width of the ASD2332.

Speaking of doors, what is everyone's front entry door height? I really thought i was on top of these things, but you slowly pick up on things all the time that you haven't noticed before!
ASJ1981
becks81
ASJ1981
I have this:

Yes our first ever consult with the Sales Consultant, she has "widest possible stacker door". I need to clarify the height and width of the ASD2332.

Speaking of doors, what is everyone's front entry door height? I really thought i was on top of these things, but you slowly pick up on things all the time that you haven't noticed before!

ASD2332 - is 2340mm high and 3200mm wide. The 23 is for height, and the 32 is width.
ozmonkeyoy
ASD2332 - is 2340mm high and 3200mm wide. The 23 is for height, and the 32 is width.

ozmonkeyoy Thank you!! Awesome!

We upgraded our front entry door to Hume Savoy XS24 with stain finish. I just noticed it says "2040mm x 1020mm. I can't believe i missed this. I can change the height of the front entry door too right? I mean, i know i can, but is this a variation?
becks81
ASJ1981
I have this:

Ugh, thanks for prompting me to check these too! 3 out of 5 stacker doors have difference codes on the schedule to the plan. I wonder which one is the more accurate? Regardless, the ones on the schedule have the wrong code but the correct measurements, the ones on the plan show a combination of correct and incorrect codes!
ASJ1981
ozmonkeyoy

We upgraded our front entry door to Hume Savoy XS24 with stain finish. I just noticed it says "2040mm x 1020mm. I can't believe i missed this. I can change the height of the front entry door too right? I mean, i know i can, but is this a variation?

Yes, a variation

MandM+4
ASJ1981
ozmonkeyoy

Yes, a variation

Mandm+4, so there will be a re-draw fee or admin charge?
ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981
[quote="ozmonkeyoy"]ASD2332 - is 2340mm high and 3200mm wide. The 23 is for height, and the 32 is width.

Yes, a variation

Mandm+4, so there will be a re-draw fee or admin charge?[/quote]
Not sure. There will probably be more variations to come so I don’t think they’d charge you for that but maybe a redraw fee as it’ll need to be on your drawings for approvals.

MandM+4
Not sure. There will probably be more variations to come so I don’t think they’d charge you for that but maybe a redraw fee as it’ll need to be on your drawings for approvals.

MandM+4 - thank you
One last question.. when you say redraw fee, is this the $1500 fee? Not sure i want to pay that just to change front entry door height. haha...
ASJ1981
MandM+4

MandM+4 - thank you
One last question.. when you say redraw fee, is this the $1500 fee? Not sure i want to pay that just to change front entry door height. haha...

No I don’t think so, I think that’s for changes in construction.
Email your CSR and ask about making the change, it’s at W’s discretion anyway.

becks81
becks81
ASJ1981
I have this:

Ugh, thanks for prompting me to check these too! 3 out of 5 stacker doors have difference codes on the schedule to the plan. I wonder which one is the more accurate? Regardless, the ones on the schedule have the wrong code but the correct measurements, the ones on the plan show a combination of correct and incorrect codes!

Mine were all different as well, some were correct on plans, some weren't, others were correct on door schedule, others weren't. Just ensure that each door matches what you want on both the plans and the door schedule. We had our matched up before it went to DA.
In production estimating now. Woo hoo
ml117
In production estimating now. Woo hoo

Awesome news. Hope to join you soon. Just waiting on construction plans
ASJ1981

Here's our door: it's included in Prestige Essentials

Hume Savoy XS range 2340mm x 1200mm front entry door (clear glazed with
clear Maple timber finish) Most designs

ChizCake
From my calculations it’s now week 36 from slab. Our build period is 30 weeks in our contract.

Hi ChizCake,

For week 36, what're your remaining items?

Are you in Completion Stage or Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) stage?

Thanks for your time.

Navy
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum