Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 613 of 788
poppet82
Hey Kelly what are you changing to the Bordeaux 5? We are building the same design with a few changes also.

Minor stuff, extending robes, bathrooms so we can fit in a bidet into both. Also extended the wir. Centred the door on the wip to add an extra set of shelves.

You??
smallz2007
Yahhooooo bring on May 26th!!!! Move in date!!

Rebuild only days away from your move in,are you packed and ready???

wow that's gone so quick, you must be so excited!
Wow.. how did you manage to extend the robes ? I'd love a bigger wir !
We split bed 5 in half to make a small study and a bigger wip from the other end.. I love storage

poppet82
Wow.. how did you manage to extend the robes ? I'd love a bigger wir !
We split bed 5 in half to make a small study and a bigger wip from the other end.. I love storage

We extended the ensuite out 450mm to the back and side moving the vanity to the back wall which allowed the toilet and bidet along the side wall. The 450mm to the side wall we added to wir.
bpj1980, our bricks are fairly good. However to our side wall of garage we feel they may have rushed it a bit and the bricks to garage have a slight grade going up towards the theatre room. So when you stand at corner of house and look down side you can see a slight peak. Its not a huge problem, but just wasn't what I would have expected. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and its something I would have fixed it if it was my job. Its also quite crooked where the wall meets the front corner which was done two weeks previously. He is probably right about the downpipes, so we will see. We are also having a retaining wall a metre high, with a 1.8m fence atop of that, so nobody will really see it anyway (but that's not the point!).

We thought we were getting gyprocked, but they haven't turned up yet, and we still have insulation that's not completed. Otherwise happy with all else.

Has anyone got photos of the back of their front door? We (under guidance of colour consultant) are having an entry door painted from and back with Monument. I am starting to worry this might look funny when the front door is closed from the interior view. Any thoughts/photos?
After a long long waiting, our building is going to complete very soon(4 to 6 weeks). The painter is already started his work and the tile work start after that. Today we noticed our garage door height is not enough its 2.1m, so if you are on planning stage better to add bit more space for your monster truck. The other thing in kitchen bulkhead, our one is not lined with rangehood. Its bit ugly to our eyes.

They look great Bayswater. I am sure its all coming together nicely for you. It will be exciting once they paint and tile!!
I like the grey kitchen cabinetry. Are you having a light or a dark benchtop?
Verdelho5T
They look great Bayswater. I am sure its all coming together nicely for you. It will be exciting once they paint and tile!!
I like the grey kitchen cabinetry. Are you having a light or a dark benchtop?

We are going with light benchtop. The kitchen splah back still not decided yet.

looks sooo big bayswater!! can't wait to see it finished
how long was your build contract? I remember you started way before Christmas.
Building contract is 10months.. Hope we will get the keys within the time frame.

I had no idea double story took that much longer to build, but geez that 10mths went by quick

do BH do sliding doors to the bedroom robes? if so anyone know the cost to change from standard?
lileegirl
I had no idea double story took that much longer to build, but geez that 10mths went by quick

do BH do sliding doors to the bedroom robes? if so anyone know the cost to change from standard?

Yes they do. I have changed the wardrobes to mirrored sliding doors. It cost $321 for one bedroom and $1365 to extend and add to the other 3 bedrooms

poppet82
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
bpj1980
[quote] Ooh I'm building in eagles nest!! Stage 5 - just been told registration has been pushed back till end may now which is super frustrating. We are lot 509

Wow another one, lol, congrats, super exciting isn't it, cant wait... so how many times have you been to your lot?
What house are you building? first home for you too, congrats, its exciting meeting more and more of the neighbours...
I should start asking peoples thoughts on Christmas Lights

We are building Bordeaux 5 with some mods. My sister is Kay so I know what beechwood is like lol. Better the Devil ya know right?
it's overwhelming just how many decisions there are but it's still so exciting. Which lot are you bpj1980?

Hey Kelly what are you changing to the Bordeaux 5? We are building the same design with a few changes also.

[/quote]
We haven't got plans yet but this will give you an idea

lileegirl
smallz2007
Yahhooooo bring on May 26th!!!! Move in date!!

Rebuild only days away from your move in,are you packed and ready???

wow that's gone so quick, you must be so excited!

Yes we are,can't wait not to have to rent anymore lol started to try pack today and did 2 boxes only..ahhh this will be our forth and FINAL move in 12 months!!
Rebuild15
Woo hoo that's so exciting not long at all!

I've been on to Andrew this morning as the storm water still hasn't been connected at the front and the certifier was due to come today but he assures me the occupation certificate should still be issued so I hope so, bank has been through today also and I've spent most of the day organising gas, Internet etc etc. Most of our packing was already done as its already stored but just starting to pack up the few rooms we have at the rental 😆

Oh wow hope it all got fixed up for you rebuild!! I started to pack today but have up after 2 boxes lol where to start!!this will be our 4th move in 12 months so I'm well and truely over it!!

Can't wait to see some pics of your new home complete,just sleeps away until
The big day for you guys
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
poppet82
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
[quote="bpj1980"][quote] Ooh I'm building in eagles nest!! Stage 5 - just been told registration has been pushed back till end may now which is super frustrating. We are lot 509

Wow another one, lol, congrats, super exciting isn't it, cant wait... so how many times have you been to your lot?
What house are you building? first home for you too, congrats, its exciting meeting more and more of the neighbours...

We are building Bordeaux 5 with some mods. My sister is Kay so I know what beechwood is like lol. Better the Devil ya know right?
it's overwhelming just how many decisions there are but it's still so exciting. Which lot are you bpj1980?

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh wow that's good making the wir that much bigger. How much did they charge you to make those changes ?

poppet82
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
poppet82
[quote="KellyNLori_BuildinOz"][quote="bpj1980"][quote] Ooh I'm building in eagles nest!! Stage 5 - just been told registration has been pushed back till end may now which is super frustrating. We are lot 509

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh wow that's good making the wir that much bigger. How much did they charge you to make those changes ?

[/quote]

Best is to show you I think... Haha too lazy to type

Teamnewmie
bpj1980
Denym

Looks like your behind us this is what ours looked like before the retaining walls we have one on one side but are on the same level as our neighbours block then it steps down again it's so exciting to find someone in the eagles nest estate I haven't found anyone else yet have you?

WOW your the first one i have met, whats your lot number and what house/facade are you building?
I went and spoke with MDJH and it turns out the sales guys sister is basically across the road from me,
you from the area already? Very exciting to meet one of the neighbours, lol

Where also building in Eagles Nest as well (we are in stage 6)

Yay it's so cool to see more eagle nest people! How many are on here now? I'm in stage 3 on johns rd I haven't seen anyone on here in the first few stages I think a lot are house and land packages
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum