Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 612 of 788
it's so exciting seeing all that timber!!
bpj1980 not sure when they're going up, but would love to meet up with you & your family anytime, stop in if you see us over at the block
lileegirl
it's so exciting seeing all that timber!!
bpj1980 not sure when they're going up, but would love to meet up with you & your family anytime, stop in if you see us over at the block

next time we see you there we will have too, hey the frames are there thats a great start, means things are moving along nicely... still waiting for more news about our block.... waiting... waiting.... lol
Awesome news lileegirl!!

We are apparently being gyprocked today. Our build progressing nicely now. We are unhappy with a section or two of bricks, but have pointed it out to SS, and I don't think it will be getting fixed. Its apparently within australian standards, and down pipes will hopefully cover the most noticable section. This is also on the side of the house which will just be a passageway with retaining wall and fence, so really won't be noticed. Will have to wait and see what it looks like once the pipes go on!
Verdelho5T
Awesome news lileegirl!!

We are apparently being gyprocked today. Our build progressing nicely now. We are unhappy with a section or two of bricks, but have pointed it out to SS, and I don't think it will be getting fixed. Its apparently within australian standards, and down pipes will hopefully cover the most noticable section. This is also on the side of the house which will just be a passageway with retaining wall and fence, so really won't be noticed. Will have to wait and see what it looks like once the pipes go on!

Verdelho awesome news,
I cant wait to be up to this stage... sorry to hear about the bricks, so whats actually wrong with them? hope they look okay once everything is done.

On another note I drove past our land today and they have started the retaining walls....
wooohoooooo, was getting a little worried I was in for drama's, now to wait and see what the lot looks like after its done, already looking a lot nicer/flatter... cant wait for it to de done... last things to do then they are ready for registration application I think.... oh yeah countdown is on...

Oh sorry another couple of quick questions.... has anyone been allowed onsite during build to do some of their own things like cabling? (I have my Open Cablers Licence, OHS Card, and other Licences, etc and can supply Workers Insurance, etc) I know its asked but cant hurt again right, lol, damn now I think about it maybe I should have looked more at fixing some of their (BH) Alarms earlier on when I was talking with them, bugger I work so far away and so long... might have gotten on their induction lists, lol

And has anyone requested the frames have side noggins? how did you go? can they do it? will they do it? and do they charge to do it? I would really like them otherwise I will need a few sticks of conduit down walls, I am installing acoustic batts in some walls and running cables through those are an absolute nightmare...
Teamnewmie
bpj1980
Teamnewmie
Where also building in Eagles Nest as well (we are in stage 6)

Congrats, where abouts in stage 6 are you guys? well I mean what lot number, lol, we are too, have you heard about registration yet? its all starting to go up on the Wyong Council Website application tracker, who are you building with if you don't mind me asking? exciting times...

Have sent you a PM with lot number (don't really want it listed on a public forum) I heard rego was going to be July 1st for stage 6. I've heard people in stage 7 have been told October. Where building with beachwood

Ooh I'm building in eagles nest!! Stage 5 - just been told registration has been pushed back till end may now which is super frustrating. We are lot 509
Quote:
Ooh I'm building in eagles nest!! Stage 5 - just been told registration has been pushed back till end may now which is super frustrating. We are lot 509

Wow another one, lol, congrats, super exciting isn't it, cant wait... so how many times have you been to your lot?
What house are you building? first home for you too, congrats, its exciting meeting more and more of the neighbours...
I should start asking peoples thoughts on Christmas Lights
bpj1980
Quote:

Wow another one, lol, congrats, super exciting isn't it, cant wait... so how many times have you been to your lot?
What house are you building? first home for you too, congrats, its exciting meeting more and more of the neighbours...

We are building Bordeaux 5 with some mods. My sister is Kay so I know what beechwood is like lol. Better the Devil ya know right?
it's overwhelming just how many decisions there are but it's still so exciting. Which lot are you bpj1980?
Cman
Moscato5
Cman
Anyone help us for our previous post..

Not sure where you are building but can I just say prices vary greatly for some things between the different offices. Some for better others for worse.

Building in Newcastle region, doesn't matter if I get rough price. Thank you

Anyone post here BW standard bricks list and upgrade cost..

We are building Newcastle region too. Hope this helps, sorry if I misinterpret anything, i'm just quote from our tender. We are building Bordeaux 4.

4800mm garage door - Our garage door is a single sectional door to suit a max 4190mm wide opening and cost $1995. Our door is 2450mm high.

Roof sarking - this is a bushfire reg for us however they have not itemised the cost on our tender (they have included all the bushfire reg requirements under one total)

Microwave provision with trim kit - our tender says "provide a microwave shelf and pot draw -$340
Mel.24
Hi guys,
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times already, but we are looking into building with beechwood, the deciding factor will be how much all the upgrades will be.
Does anybody have experience with & know costs of ;
Stone benches
600x600 polished tiles
Ducted aircon
Floor to ceiling tiles in bathrooms
2.7m ceilings
Those shiny kitchen cupboards?

we were *hoping* to spend around $70k on top of base price inc site costs etc, does this sound reasonable to those with experience?

Ducted Aircon - $11,725 for us
2.7m ceilings - not itemised in our tender unfortunately as it was a compulsory requirement for our estate.
We got Polytec Solid Sheen to our cupboards and breakfast bar in a standard colour which was $947
Anyone post here BW standard bricks list and upgrade cost..[/quote]

We are building Newcastle region too. Hope this helps, sorry if I misinterpret anything, i'm just quote from our tender. We are building Bordeaux 4.

4800mm garage door - Our garage door is a single sectional door to suit a max 4190mm wide opening and cost $1995. Our door is 2450mm high.

Roof sarking - this is a bushfire reg for us however they have not itemised the cost on our tender (they have included all the bushfire reg requirements under one total)

Microwave provision with trim kit - our tender says "provide a microwave shelf and pot draw -$340[/quote]

Thanks "nataliea,
Garage door cost looks too expensive, , spoken to allworth homes guys charged only $1020
bpj1980
Quote:

in all for Christmas lights, as long as I don't have to put them up or take them down
Heya. Did anyone building in Sydney deal with Costa Electricals and avail their Actron air con? If so, how is it?

Teamnewmie
bpj1980
Quote:

in all for Christmas lights, as long as I don't have to put them up or take them down

Bugger I was hoping to round up some neighbours to do mine, kidding, they take forever, but well worth it in the end, not many people do them like me,
bpj1980
Teamnewmie
bpj1980
[

Bugger I was hoping to round up some neighbours to do mine, kidding, they take forever, but well worth it in the end, not many people do them like me,

Haha count me out... I have a grinch for a fiancé so Xmas this year was all me
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
bpj1980
Quote:

We are building Bordeaux 5 with some mods. My sister is Kay so I know what beechwood is like lol. Better the Devil ya know right?
it's overwhelming just how many decisions there are but it's still so exciting. Which lot are you bpj1980?

Ahhh Kay did mention you were in there, we are doing the Verdelho 5 with a large amount of changes, were changing our ensuite to be like yours, prefer that design than the WIR to ensuite.. and it means the WIR is bigger for the wife,

Too many decisions, we are Lot 616 and finally seeing the lot looking better,
We had some slight issues with it and the slope, didn't have retaining walls as the original drawing and the edging slope was huge compared to all the other lots, ended up speaking with the developers and the bosses told me it was as the contours but went and had a look at the site and came back saying they would install the retaining walls, considering the ones behind just stopped at our block (about 400-450mm) the slope to the next lots was steep on both sides... so glad its being sorted now,
KellyNLori_BuildinOz

Its ok if you like I can turn up the brightness and shine all the way up there, lol,
I love Christmas and the lights brighten it even more....
Not sure I should say much more (I am scaring the neighbours already, lol)- but think Griswold's
with modern day Computer controlled lights, lol,
bpj1980
KellyNLori_BuildinOz

Its ok if you like I can turn up the brightness and shine all the way up there, lol,
I love Christmas and the lights brighten it even more....
Not sure I should say much more (I am scaring the neighbours already, lol)- but think Griswold's
with modern day Computer controlled lights, lol,

Hahahaha love it!! I LOVE christmas and he will tolerate providing he doesn't have to do anything lol... Typical!! So you are just around the corner! Nice!
When are they saying rego is for you? I'm getting frustrated as I found out the other day they are using my block as a site office and no one has said anything until I questioned it. Argh bloody developers haha
KellyNLori_BuildinOz
bpj1980
Quote:

Hey Kelly what are you changing to the Bordeaux 5? We are building the same design with a few changes also.

Yahhooooo bring on May 26th!!!! Move in date!!

Rebuild only days away from your move in,are you packed and ready???

Woo hoo that's so exciting not long at all!

I've been on to Andrew this morning as the storm water still hasn't been connected at the front and the certifier was due to come today but he assures me the occupation certificate should still be issued so I hope so, bank has been through today also and I've spent most of the day organising gas, Internet etc etc. Most of our packing was already done as its already stored but just starting to pack up the few rooms we have at the rental 😆

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum