Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 62 of 77
Doulton777
Renman
shokel1975
[quote="Renman"][quote="Doulton777"]We got nothing for free from them at colour selections. Except when we started building. From their mistakes we got things without paying extra. And it was thousands of dollars. Plus our ss through quiet a few things in. He was amazing. I just can’t believe how easy we had it with him. They rang me up yesterday for feedback. I gave him a 9.5.

They ask me why. I said his whole attitude. Never gave us headaches. Always did things easy no matter if it was a hard thing. He wanted to build a relationship with us. He laughs at all my jokes hahaha. Well I’m kidding I didn’t say that. Even thou he does
. His done so well on the house.

They said would you recommend us to anyone. I said well my daughter is building with you now. But only cos of my ss and my consultant. She said I will note that down.

I said Or else if I was the base it on admin. I definitely wouldn’t. She laughed. I said the last BC is terrible with getting back to us. The other two were better.

Then I told her my ss is an asset too metricon. Metricon need to keep him.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Lucky M hadn't called me up for a rating of our SM.

Renman, how high are your ceilings? Did you get all windows increased for free? We have 2550 ceilings and are looking at asking to have the living/rumpus/study windows increased from 1500mm drop to 1800mm drop, so they come closer to floor (not necessarily raising them up with the ceiling). I am assuming there is a charge for this, but should I be pushing this for free?
Our ground floor ceiling are 3m height. Windows were a free upgrade to 2100mm.

Not sure how high they are off the ground but here's a pic.

[/quote]

Maybe it’s when you do 3 meters then they throw it in?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]I know a few people that got 2.7m ceilings and got the free upgrade as well.

I was totally surprised and doubled checked it , M never gives anything for free.

I will definitely bring it up with them to see if we get it for free. thanks again Renman! Where are you building?
shokel1975
I will definitely bring it up with them to see if we get it for free. thanks again Renman! Where are you building?
No probs. Good luck

Inner Eastern suburbs of Melb.

Renman
shokel1975

No probs. Good luck

Inner Eastern suburbs of Melb.

thanks for info. We are outer eastern suburbs
Renman
Doulton777
Renman
[quote="shokel1975"][quote="Renman"][quote="Doulton777"]We got nothing for free from them at colour selections. Except when we started building. From their mistakes we got things without paying extra. And it was thousands of dollars. Plus our ss through quiet a few things in. He was amazing. I just can’t believe how easy we had it with him. They rang me up yesterday for feedback. I gave him a 9.5.

They ask me why. I said his whole attitude. Never gave us headaches. Always did things easy no matter if it was a hard thing. He wanted to build a relationship with us. He laughs at all my jokes hahaha. Well I’m kidding I didn’t say that. Even thou he does

They said would you recommend us to anyone. I said well my daughter is building with you now. But only cos of my ss and my consultant. She said I will note that down.

I said Or else if I was the base it on admin. I definitely wouldn’t. She laughed. I said the last BC is terrible with getting back to us. The other two were better.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Renman, how high are your ceilings? Did you get all windows increased for free? We have 2550 ceilings and are looking at asking to have the living/rumpus/study windows increased from 1500mm drop to 1800mm drop, so they come closer to floor (not necessarily raising them up with the ceiling). I am assuming there is a charge for this, but should I be pushing this for free?

[/quote]

Oh boy I wish I didn’t see your windows
see that what I like the design of them. How it hasn’t got like a cross bar going across them. I should have went with my gut and not listened to hubby and consultant
I want to just cover them.

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]It was a variation upgrade, but was totally worth it.

You can always change it post handover lol.

[/quote]

I would change it to swap them. Specially having hebel.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Doulton777
Renman
[quote="shokel1975"][quote="Renman"][quote="Doulton777"]We got nothing for free from them at colour selections. Except when we started building. From their mistakes we got things without paying extra. And it was thousands of dollars. Plus our ss through quiet a few things in. He was amazing. I just can’t believe how easy we had it with him. They rang me up yesterday for feedback. I gave him a 9.5.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

Maybe it’s when you do 3 meters then they throw it in?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]I know a few people that got 2.7m ceilings and got the free upgrade as well.

I was totally surprised and doubled checked it , M never gives anything for free.

[/quote]

That’s not fair. They didn’t offer us anything for free. Until we started building and some things had to be changed. They had no option then.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
see that what I like the design of them. How it hasn’t got like a cross bar going across them. I should have went with my gut and not listened to hubby and consultant

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yeah, the cross bar sucks especially if you want to get roller blinds..

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I love those picture windows but I think the cost just as much as stacker doors so I have opted for them instead.
Quirmeball1280
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yeah I don’t like. I’m not getting roller blinds thou most likely Sheer curtains

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Looks like we might have hand over this week coming up. My ss said he will get his inspector or whatever they are to come in and check it. But he said the house is pretty much all done. Then after the inspector looks through it. We will get a handover day. Which I’m pretty sure it will be next week. Oooh I can’t wait to that day. It will be 10mths for us since we started. We are looking forward to being settled in the house.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Looks like we might have hand over this week coming up. My ss said he will get his inspector or whatever they are to come in and check it. But he said the house is pretty much all done. Then after the inspector looks through it. We will get a handover day. Which I’m pretty sure it will be next week. Oooh I can’t wait to that day. It will be 10mths for us since we started. We are looking forward to being settled in the house.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

That’s very exciting news doulton777 - congratulations!
shokel1975
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

That’s very exciting news doulton777 - congratulations!

Thanks
. I haven’t announced it anywhere else yet cos I haven’t told all the kids. But sure can’t wait too move in there.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Testing

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777

End product looks amazing! All the hard work will be worth it now
Congrats
Mt.view
Doulton777

Congrats

Awwww thank you Mt. I’m trying to put the pic in my sig. As it keeps pinching renmans pics. It usually downloads the last pic.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Mt.view
Doulton777

Congrats

Awwww thank you Mt. I’m trying to put the pic in my sig. As it keeps pinching renmans pics. It usually downloads the last pic.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
D77

You just like my house design so much that it's on your signature. Lol

Renman
Doulton777
Mt.view
[quote="Doulton777"]Testing

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Congrats

viewtopic.php?t=86597
D77

You just like my house design so much that it's on your signature. Lol

[/quote]

Hahahaha yeah you found me out buddy. Just don’t report me

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Your external colours look amazing.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum