Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Metricon Liberty 45 on the Northern Beaches, Sydney

Page 62 of 70
Looking good!
Finished, looks great. Lawn next, then the dirt will be gone!

First photo it looks like a swimming pool

Your landscape is coming along nicely!

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Ha, swimming pool is next phase, will cost $50k to finish it

Looks really good Vista, you have nice frontage

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Looks great vista! How many sqm is that do you know??

Not sure sorry but I know it was 3.5 cubic metres of coloured concrete and 3 cubic metres of plain! Concreter told me as it was being delivered!

Hi Vista, looks great which company did you use?

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Jent Concrete Construction.

http://www.jent.com.au/

Highly recommend them.

Looks amazing! Very jealous of your driveway after my recent experience! Can clearly see you had real professionals on the job!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Hi Vista, given the hot days we've had the last few weeks, have you had any after-thoughts with the standard Daikin offered by M? (Eg number of zones, HP etc.) Thx

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Happy with it Q. Works quickly when we switch it on, and having cooling either upstairs or down works well as we really only inhabit one floor at a time, except early evening with kids' bedtime.

If we had the capacity to cool both floors simultaneously it would be good at bedtime, but the cost would likely outweigh any marginal benefit.

Having 12m of bi-fold doors at the back helps too and we get a nice sea breeze usually.

Just spent an hour putting clear sealer on it, only $140 from H&G and lasts about 3 years. Gives it a nice sheen and protects against dirt and droppings etc. Very easy DIY job with a roller.

VistaDream

Just spent an hour putting clear sealer on it, only $140 from H&G and lasts about 3 years. Gives it a nice sheen and protects against dirt and droppings etc. Very easy DIY job with a roller.

How much do you charge Vista for your labour service?

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Ha you couldn't afford me Orph! Made a schoolboy error with the driveway. Should have installed an Ag pipe under the driveway, now we have water pooling on the inside of the block at the low point one side of the drive and will need to somehow dig under or channel someplace. Guess you can't think of everything

You can see it at the top right of the picture above.

Hi Vista, do you have a downlight under the stairs just outside your under-stair storage? Do you think it's worthwhile putting a downlight there ?

viewtopic.php?t=82846
No we don't but I wouldn't bother personally. We have a light under the stairs in the storage area obviously, and it's bright enough. I would recommend tiling under there too if your main floor is tiled.

Driveway issue not an issue it turns out, turf underlay and a slight pitch on the lawn will sort out our pooling issue. Thanks to Mr leelee

Been very busy post handover. In the past 4 weeks alone;

1. I've installed our hub in a server rack with a managed Gigabit network switch and patch panel
2. Commissioned our home network (hub in garage)
3. terminated 20 Cat 6 cables for hub
4. installed a CCTV system with 8 cameras and NVR
5. Laid footings for a retaining wall
6. Laid concrete pad for a pool box
7. built a 4m retaining wall, concrete filled
8. painted nearly 100m of wall (up to 4m high)
9. Sealed driveway
10. Installed conduit for low voltage garden lights and house sign

...now back to work in my day job for a rest!

Hey Vista, how was your SM? I am looking for a new one. I know you are close by so wondering if yours was good so I can make a recommendation.

Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum