Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 62 of 778
1sttimebuilding2012
In our rumpus we are getting LED downlights that are able to be dimmed, they are a white fitting. In the kitchen we at getting LED downlights in a white fitting. We upgraded our laundry bunker light for a flood light. The upgrade was cheaper than buying said light, then paying for the fitting. All other lights I am finding at the cheapest possible price and providing for them to fit.

They have a pretty good selection but you need to know your prices. Some are good value, but they weren't the fittings I wanted. The ones I wanted I knew I could get for cheaper including the fitting fee.

EBH just supply one batten point and a switch and double PowerPoint for each room, as well as a bunker light outside the laundry door.

Wattage? Lumens?

I've already got batons all through the house for nearly all lights or junction boxes for those that cannot take a baton. I have purchased LED downlights for $50 each - 14w high lumens (cant recall lumens off top of my head), plus stair lights, external wall lights, movement sensor lights. Now just have to get them installed.

I never asked EBH what LED's they supply when I made my selection.. just wondering how they compare.
HoudaMan
1sttimebuilding2012
In our rumpus we are getting LED downlights that are able to be dimmed, they are a white fitting. In the kitchen we at getting LED downlights in a white fitting. We upgraded our laundry bunker light for a flood light. The upgrade was cheaper than buying said light, then paying for the fitting. All other lights I am finding at the cheapest possible price and providing for them to fit.

They have a pretty good selection but you need to know your prices. Some are good value, but they weren't the fittings I wanted. The ones I wanted I knew I could get for cheaper including the fitting fee.

EBH just supply one batten point and a switch and double PowerPoint for each room, as well as a bunker light outside the laundry door.

Wattage? Lumens?

I've already got batons all through the house for nearly all lights or junction boxes for those that cannot take a baton. I have purchased LED downlights for $50 each - 14w high lumens (cant recall lumens off top of my head), plus stair lights, external wall lights, movement sensor lights. Now just have to get them installed.

I never asked EBH what LED's they supply when I made my selection.. just wondering how they compare.

They are 15 watt LED dimmable downlights, for installation and supply...$178 each, for normal LED downlights $120, considering each batten point is $67 , I think that's reasonable!
sohnaeo
1sttimebuilding2012
They will just concrete your crossover, unless you tell them otherwise.

yes they asking me extra $$ for the stencil crossover otherwise crossover will be plain concrete.

I checked my contract and it says

Provide Standard Builder Range Pavers or Stencilled Concrete Driveway to include

-Driveway
-Path (1m Wide Path)
-Portico
-Council driveway crossover fees include
-Driveway excavation included

If I am getting right it means provide Stencilled Concrete Driveway to include Council drivewsy cross over fees include.

Is it right or I am missing something?
Sounds right but they may still charge a fee since you are in construction.
sohnaeo
sohnaeo
1sttimebuilding2012
They will just concrete your crossover, unless you tell them otherwise.

yes they asking me extra $$ for the stencil crossover otherwise crossover will be plain concrete.

I checked my contract and it says

Provide Standard Builder Range Pavers or Stencilled Concrete Driveway to include

-Driveway
-Path (1m Wide Path)
-Portico
-Council driveway crossover fees include
-Driveway excavation included

If I am getting right it means provide Stencilled Concrete Driveway to include Council drivewsy cross over fees include.

Is it right or I am missing something?

check your colour selection sheet, mine clearly states stenciled driveway abt plain concrete to crossover
Thanks a lot jammie25 yes it is mentioned in the colour sheet , at that time I had no idea about the crossover so I completely overlooked it
lets see how much they charge me now 500$+additional charges
1sttimebuilding2012
They are 15 watt LED dimmable downlights, for installation and supply...$178 each, for normal LED downlights $120, considering each batten point is $67 , I think that's reasonable!

Cool, then I'm in front

Cheers for the info.
I'm very happy today, the whole frame up in a day.
Although the bath is in the wrong spot in the main bathroom but should be an easy fix.

We have our tender presentation monday night!! Things are moving nicely!
For the driveway, my tender says "Provide Standard Builder Range Pavers OR a Colour-On Concrete Driveway'. Are we all supposed to get a Stencilled option?

Looks like we are all stuck with EBH installing our LED downlights. Do they have the cube ones?

welby/benblinkau - great to see things moving along!

Kerith - we were going to ask the same thing about hanging frame and pictures (strangely enough we have a lot of accumulated silent auction sports memorabilia as well!). We were also wondering whether we can use the 3M Command stuff to stick on the wall, so we don't have to drill holes everywhere.
I think your main bathroom entrance looks fine, but narrowing the entrance will allow you to use the backwall for a cupboard or some drawers. Just a thought : )

Cheers, EBW
EB Waldorf - stencilled concrete used to be an option but isn't available anymore.
EBW - We have a Matthew Hayden cricket bat to hang on the wall and a freakin' heavy frame with some Brasillian football players jersey in it. I HAD to add the rumpus room to our house for the purpose of putting the memorabilia somewhere - it wasn't going in the formal lounge or even the media room!
Really happy... Our a/c in our tender was a smaller unit designed for a house with 16-23 squares, our house is 33 squares... Eden brae have raised a variation and giving us the a/c that will efficiently cool and heat our house... Was worried a little bit because we had signed contract etc. HOG don't do a/c appointments anymore, so please check your unit thoroughly before final signing when you go into construction,as it will be heaps to upgrade if incorrect.
1sttimebuilding2012
Really happy... Our a/c in our tender was a smaller unit designed for a house with 16-23 squares, our house is 33 squares... Eden brae have raised a variation and giving us the a/c that will efficiently cool and heat our house... Was worried a little bit because we had signed contract etc. HOG don't do a/c appointments anymore, so please check your unit thoroughly before final signing when you go into construction,as it will be heaps to upgrade if incorrect.

May I know what did you get for 33 squares house then?
Hmmmm, wonder what ours is for a 45ish size house? Off to look.....
My house is 43 sqm but stick with the SRA160. I was advised SRA160 should be enough for 35 squares but mind you garage/alfresco/porch/balcony are not included in the aircon area so standard should be fine for the rest of the house.
I don't know the unit model yet, but we had a 12kw unit and now we are getting a 17kw unit.
How many zones do you get with your air con?
benblinkau
How many zones do you get with your air con?

Also if anyone has a 26 square house, could you please advise what model number your air conditioner was?

Thanks
SRA_140 for a 28 Sq house with 3 zones.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum