Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 604 of 723
cwiseman
Hi all
So hopefully keys tomorrow!
Have been getting driveway and paths done over last week or so and it looks amazing! Here are a few pics.

That looks fantastic!
Haven't been your way in a long while but saw the house from the highway on the weekend and wow!! that alfresco makes such a statement! Gorgeous!
mattnbiz
Zappa

We are building the edenvale 32 though we have only completed our colour studio on Friday... How is your project coming along?

zappa141
mattnbiz
Hi Everyone

We have recently decided to build the Edenvale and was interested to see if anyone else has built this design yet or one of the other 2 story MJH designs

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,
We are building the Edenvale 33. HIA contract signed, just waiting for the land registration. Have you guys started building yet?

Hi, I am building the Edenvale 32 (Lincoln Facade) at Willowdale Estate, East Leppington. Plans are currently with Camden Council. Where are you guys building? Which facade did you go with?

I think its a fabulous design, ticks all the boxes for us!
We had an update/invoice to say our slab was done, but apparently someone pressed the wrong button- LOL!

As it stands, slab prep including the piering seems to be done. We needed an extra 28.75 LM for total of 98.75 LM, so variation of +$2.5k – I'm happy enough with that as it seems like this can really blow out if you're unlucky!

Slab will apparently be poured next Weds - something about a concrete shortage (!). But, we're very happy with progress so far. After the long wait to get going, we're hoping the 6 month build will feel like it flies by.

Sadly we're essentially 2 days away from our block, so no photos to share.
DanP
We had an update/invoice to say our slab was done, but apparently someone pressed the wrong button- LOL!

As it stands, slab prep including the piering seems to be done. We needed an extra 28.75 LM for total of 98.75 LM, so variation of +$2.5k – I'm happy enough with that as it seems like this can really blow out if you're unlucky!

Slab will apparently be poured next Weds - something about a concrete shortage (!). But, we're very happy with progress so far. After the long wait to get going, we're hoping the 6 month build will feel like it flies by.

Sadly we're essentially 2 days away from our block, so no photos to share.

Two days away ! Are you moving interstate . ?

cwiseman
Hi all
Have been getting driveway and paths done over last week or so and it looks amazing! Here are a few pics

Our bluestone front path

Looking great!!!!!

scsc11111111
Two days away ! Are you moving interstate . ?

Hah well – technically, yes. We were living in Sydney but we moved to Tassie to save rent while the house (and mortgage..) goes up – primarily because we had a baby and that meant 1 income for a while.

To visit I have to head to airport in Tas (1.5hr), fly to Sydney (~3hrs inc wating about), pick up our car from friends place (45mins) drive down to the block (1.5hrs), have a look, and then either drive back, drop off car & fly home or stay over with friends/family, and return next day. So, basically 2 days there and back, and let me tell you that feels VERY rushed now I'm used to the slow Tassie lifestyle!

All-in-all, not very convenient. But we're moving back up in November, so then we can stick our noses in 3 times a day if we want
Stuart05
EM1
Hey everyone, just a couple of questions regarding paint.

What paint finish does MJH use for interior walls?
Low sheen?
Gloss?

Are they all the same throughout the inside of the house?

Exterior?

Architraves and skirtings?

What are the Standard/upgrade paint finishes?

And what has everyone chosen?

Thanks!

Interior walls are Taubmans Endure in a low sheen finish I believe and the skirting and architraves are done in a gloss. Standard choice is you can choose two wall colours (rooms must be one colour, feature walls are extra) and one skirting/architrave colour as standard.

Exterior you get two colours as standard to cover the eaves, front door, any timber posts and the down pipes plus one bag and paint colour (if applicable based on your facade design).

Okay Thank you

I quite like the low sheen look on the doors and architraves/skirtings aswell
I wonder if it will cost anything to have them done in a low sheen.
DJCJDC
Hi all,
Has been great reading everyone's posts- just wondering if anyone has built the Miami 15?
We Love this design but I'm hesitant to buy off the plan and not keen on a drive from Brisbane to Sydney to see the display home!!
Thanks in advance

Hi DJCJDC,

We are building the Miami 15.. Have colours in a few weeks. We actually are in Brisbane atm from Sydney & saw the oasis. It's slightly different than the Miami that we saw in Newcastle area.. & the one on display here in Brisbane is bigger than the 15.... Good news for us, They have Miami 15 opening at Jordan springs on 22 August.. (5 minutes from our house..) There is also the Miami 16 opening same time at home world South.. So we get a quick look at them before our colours...
jomarshall
cwiseman
Hi all
Have been getting driveway and paths done over last week or so and it looks amazing! Here are a few pics

Our bluestone front path

Looking great!!!!!

Love that path. I see you mention Bluestone. Is that a surface they add? Do you mind saying how much it costs? Thanks
Cwiseman.. IS IT YOIRS?????

Nat and Dan
Cwiseman.. IS IT YOIRS?????

Not yet!!
Keys next Friday- still a few outstanding jobs to be attended! Site supervisor wasn't happy for handover until they are done! Driveway finishes up in Tuesday then we can move in over weekend hopefully! Just want to live there already!
How is your beautiful new home???

Hi guys
Was wondering what most people do with their electricals. I have spoken to a few electricians on yellow pages to get some qoutes on downlight installation however been told they need to come onsite to qoute. None could give me a rough qoute when i told them house hasnt started. I am building in western sydney. I want around 40 LED downlights installed mostly throughtout kitchen/dining/lounge area and hallway. In peoples experience are MJH very expensive compared to getting a sparky after handover. Is there much to save doing it after handover. Is it worthwhile getting an external electrical company to install alarm, home theatre, cables and all lights after handover instead of MJH. Would love to know others thoughts or experiences.
Hi falcon .....the electricians you have spoken to know that the job won't be ready for several months so they are giving you the brush. MJH are no more expensive than other builders however there are electricians that will work out cheaper. We are using MJH to do the baton light in each room but located as if part of where the other lights will be added. The other lights will be done after handover.
Hi falcon .....the electricians you have spoken to know that the job won't be ready for several months so they are giving you the brush. MJH are no more expensive than other builders however there are electricians that will work out cheaper. We are using MJH to do the baton light in each room but located as if part of where the other lights will be added. The other lights will be done after handover.

Our home theatre wiring will also be done post handover.
Bricks work coming along

Front of the house

Right rear of the house
Davidr13
Bricks work coming along

Front of the house

Right rear of the house

Looking good David! Well worth the long drive to check it all out.

What bricks did you go with and what colour are your windows?

CathyLeigh
Bricks are Everyday Life, Leasure. Windows are dune. The pale colour bricks are where bag n paint will be.

Saintly 60

Our home theatre wiring will also be done post handover.

Thanks Saintly. This might sound like a dumb question but does MJH do the pre wiring if you use your own sparky ? If so does that mean you need to measure/mark out where the lights will be before electrical appointment or is that something sparky will do after handover?
Are you building a single level ? If so your sparky will be cheaper to do wiring.
Saintly 60
Are you building a single level ? If so your sparky will be cheaper to do wiring.

Building single level
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum