Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 603 of 778
bugbos
coco347
The tender says Cupboards, not cupboard - so that means more than 1 right? This is confusing me, I might confirm this with our kitchen consultant to double check, but i could of sworn it was 1 on each side.

Anyone else building the livingstone 22 and can confirm if its 1 or 2?

Hi Coco,

Love the detail in your day 1 colour selection appointment blog, we are building Livingstone 20 and have our appointments in the 3rd week of July, it is good to know some of the prices of upgrades to consider.

When is your next appointment due, and when do you normally update the blog so I can make sure to check back on it?

Is there an alert function on their that can advise people when updates are made?

Also you upgraded to the Studio Solari brand appliances, is that price to upgrade from the 900mm Venini that's included in the promo or is that buying it from scratch?

What is the standard configuration of cupboards and drawers space in the Livingstone, both on the sink side under the stone bench top and the cook top side?

I also can't get over the price they charge for that double slide out bin! Were there other options?

Thanks
Thanks bugbos! Its taken me a few nights to put it all together but I know others will find it useful too
Our next appointment is this Wednesday, so I will probably have another post in a few weeks time done for that too (will be bigger because we have a lot to cover D: )

There is a notification button right down the bottom where you can subscribe, hope that helps you!

Yeah thats the upgrade price from the 900mm venini. the standard on both sides of the oven is 2 door cupboards, and the kitchen island is 2 door cupboard under the sink, bank of cutlery drawers, a 1 door cupboard (normally where the bin goes i guess?) and a hole for the dish washer

Yeah the bin was really crazy expensive, but we didn't want the smaller bin options (my parents have the smaller version, it fills up way too quickly for 4 people in their house), there are smaller bin options but i don't know the prices
Hi guys, anyone installed or upgraded to double glazing with low-e windows from Eden Brae. I'm thinking to upgrade to double glazing in the living area but has lack of knowledge what kind of glass or product should look for. Any help would be appreciated. I'm building in Sydney South-West Edmondson Park which looks like in climate zone 6 - http://www.abcb.gov.au/work-program/ene ... -maps.aspx
coco347
bugbos
coco347
The tender says Cupboards, not cupboard - so that means more than 1 right? This is confusing me, I might confirm this with our kitchen consultant to double check, but i could of sworn it was 1 on each side.

Hi Coco,

Love the detail in your day 1 colour selection appointment blog, we are building Livingstone 20 and have our appointments in the 3rd week of July, it is good to know some of the prices of upgrades to consider.

When is your next appointment due, and when do you normally update the blog so I can make sure to check back on it?

Is there an alert function on their that can advise people when updates are made?

Also you upgraded to the Studio Solari brand appliances, is that price to upgrade from the 900mm Venini that's included in the promo or is that buying it from scratch?

What is the standard configuration of cupboards and drawers space in the Livingstone, both on the sink side under the stone bench top and the cook top side?

I also can't get over the price they charge for that double slide out bin! Were there other options?

Thanks
Thanks bugbos! Its taken me a few nights to put it all together but I know others will find it useful too
Our next appointment is this Wednesday, so I will probably have another post in a few weeks time done for that too (will be bigger because we have a lot to cover D: )

There is a notification button right down the bottom where you can subscribe, hope that helps you!

Yeah thats the upgrade price from the 900mm venini. the standard on both sides of the oven is 2 door cupboards, and the kitchen island is 2 door cupboard under the sink, bank of cutlery drawers, a 1 door cupboard (normally where the bin goes i guess?) and a hole for the dish washer

Yeah the bin was really crazy expensive, but we didn't want the smaller bin options (my parents have the smaller version, it fills up way too quickly for 4 people in their house), there are smaller bin options but i don't know the prices

Hi,

No problem I found the subscribe button!

Thanks for the kitchen information
Has anyone did moroka paint outside. I have opted out of moroka paint from EBH as they quoted 2500 dollars for harvard facade rendering. Please can you suggest anyone who does this outside? WhAt will be the charge?
Guys, just spoke to few painters outside and they coated around 25 to 35 dollars for morako render. They adviced first to apply the undercoat and sealer and then taubmans morako render paint using mits. The undercoat/ sealer costs 200 to 220 dollars for 15 litres and 200 odd for morako paint itself and 20 to 25 dollars for 1 hand mitt.
venniechada
Guys, just spoke to few painters outside and they coated around 25 to 35 dollars for morako render. They adviced first to apply the undercoat and sealer and then taubmans morako render paint using mits. The undercoat/ sealer costs 200 to 220 dollars for 15 litres and 200 odd for morako paint itself and 20 to 25 dollars for 1 hand mitt.

Hi Venniechada

If you can do the facade rendering after handover then you can save a lot of money. We deleted the moroka paint from facade and letter box. we tried to delete that on our tender time but they didn't agreed, they said it's a developer requirement and we must do that before handover. But when I check with my developer, they said we can do that after handover. So now we will do the cement rendering for the facade and letterbox.
Ok. I did the same mate. I am not going with them as they are very expensive.
Btw what is the difference between cement and morako rendering.
venniechada
Ok. I did the same mate. I am not going with them as they are very expensive.
Btw what is the difference between cement and morako rendering.

Cement render is more smooth finish then moroka paint. find the below links.
http://www.homehound.com.au/design/design-material/cement-render/page/8/
http://www.zoranthepainter.com.au/taubmans-moroka/
If you do moroka paint, use dark color for the facade. on lighter color it doesn't look good(personal opinion).
Cement rendering is more pricy then moroka paint. At the moment we are taking free quotes from the renders.
PixiGT
BenHolly
shellaw24
Has anyone included wall sisalation (house wrapping) in their contract/tender and how much did it cost you (include house size)?

It occurred to us that we don't have it, neither was it ever offered at any stage, would having a steel frame make a difference?

We ended up with Sisalation for no extra cost due to shortage of brickies in Sydney. Our site supervisor organised this during the build so they could continue with the internal fit out whilst waiting for our brickies. Just thought I'd share as I think it is happening quite a lot at the moment.

Sisalation same as BenHolly at my place, while I waited for a brickie & internal fit out took place.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys, our brickie is starting work today so no free wrapping for us to add an extra R1.0 to the insulation
although talking to some people going with other builders they only get the wrapping and no other external wall insulation so I guess we're still getting a better deal
coco347
bugbos
coco347

Hi Coco,

Thanks

Hi coco

Great blog

Seeing your upgrades to the sink plugs, do the standard plugs actually "plug"? I.e do they actually push down?

We didn't really discuss this with cooks plumbing and just went standard but now I am wondering how one would plug the sink if it doesn't come with an actual push down plug.
Hasan , please let me know , how you go with your cement quotes. I have spoken to few guys as well.
I have accepted EB tender for Cremorne 35 to be build at Elara Marsden Park. Contract to be signed shortly. All the fine points in this forum will help me go through the contract items. Can anybody share how many days before you got your contract and plans. I have told EB to give me at least 4-5 days for review.
Ausman
Can anybody share how many days before you got your contract and plans. I have told EB to give me at least 4-5 days for review.

I got mine 5 days prior.
They give you a bundle with standard contract at the time of tender acceptance. However we were told the original contract will be given 2-3 days before signing. We requested at least 4-5 days and received 5 days including weekend.
We received just the day before our contract appointment. luckily our solicitor checked the contract at night and reply me back through email.
Mine arrived at 4:30pm via courier, with a note to have it back to EBH by 8:30am the next day... Lol! I said they would receive it prior to 7days (no later)

Sent using Tapatalk
This is what we finally choose
Roof: Sambuca, Brick: Loam, Mortar: off white,Gutter: Night sky, Fascia: Surfmist, Windows: Custom black(EB don't provided Monument as a window color), Facade: Surfmist & Peparbark

Has anyone used Caoba for the garage door? How much would be the upgrade price?

Also to people who wants to see the loam brick house, they can go to Kellyville homeworld and Gledswood homeworld instead of going to the new build houses...

Had my contract signing today. Now the waiting game begins.
After contracts done i headed downstairs to Home Gallery and seen the electrical consulate and asked for the price list so i can start budgeting. They gave me a version dated Dec 2014 but is the most current.

venniechada
Is any one going with the harvard facade? I am seeing that harvard facade which is the basic one comes with cladding near the windows at the front. We are trying to remove cladding and opt for the brick upto to top? As any body as done this? If so what was the cost incurred?

Yes we went with Harvard Facade & removed the cladding (replaced with bricks) all the way up. We organised this with tender presenter & there was no extra cost.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum