Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairwater in Blacktown by Australand

Page 61 of 66
DASI
but shouldn't we agree and sign off on the levy before we pay it? I thought yesterday's meeting was to do that...

They wanted at least 3 members who already paid. Idunno why. So I'm guessing the quarterly payment is final for the first one. The whole agenda was sent in the email.
kmsyd777
roninxt
Does anyone know a cheap waste collection service? I have loads of cardboards and I can't fit them all in the recycling bin.

If they are still in good shape, offer them for free on gumtree and someone will take them off you.

If you dont need them then you can arrange for a council pickup...they will give you a time to place it outside your house and they will come and collect it....hope it helps.

After almost 3 months from settlement, i still haven't received the interest refund from the initial deposit. Can anyone here kindly tell me the interest rate you are receiving from your 10% deposit. I need to file a complaint and seek for compensation from my solicitor.
Not sure about the interest rate....did u check ir lawyer that he is not holding on cheque with him

Navman1986
Not sure about the interest rate....did u check ir lawyer that he is not holding on cheque with him

i recently find out that my solicitor did not provide TFN details to other party notwithstanding their several reminders. So, I am going to ask for compensation from them. Can you be able to tell what will be the interest amount of our share of 70k deposit based on your refund?
I think it was around $800....will check in evening and let you know

Thanks Navman.
Hi all

Anybody from the Boulevard Collection move into Fairwater yet? Things should move along swiftly once all the tradies are back from their holiday.

For those who have moved in, how has the ECO A/C been for you so far this summer?

Can't wait to move in which is only a few weeks away now.

Cheer!
One Boulevard Buyer
Hi all

Anybody from the Boulevard Collection move into Fairwater yet? Things should move along swiftly once all the tradies are back from their holiday.

For those who have moved in, how has the ECO A/C been for you so far this summer?

Cheer!

I don't think anyone has settled yet, but some have moved in under a 'licence to occupy' rental agreement.
The air con is fantastic. There were some problems with zones not working and disappointment over ugly air vents but besides that the performance is really good. Maintains a steady temp, nice and quiet too. Not sure about energy savings but so far so good on the bills.
mntndwn
One Boulevard Buyer
Hi all

Cheer!

I don't think anyone has settled yet, but some have moved in under a 'licence to occupy' rental agreement.
The air con is fantastic. There were some problems with zones not working and disappointment over ugly air vents but besides that the performance is really good. Maintains a steady temp, nice and quiet too. Not sure about energy savings but so far so good on the bills.

Hi mntndwn

Thanks for responding and it's good to hear the positive feedback on the A/C. The bill should be decent since the units don't have to work as hard as normal units.

It doesn't appear this forum is getting used much anymore. If anybody can recommend a building inspector at a reasonable price I would be grateful?
Kevin I'm not a big fan of Facebook but it's worth signing up just to be in the Fairwater estate neighbours group. All your recommendations are there. We met at the last neighbours picnic. Had another one today, was great! Murray
mntndwn
Kevin I'm not a big fan of Facebook but it's worth signing up just to be in the Fairwater estate neighbours group. All your recommendations are there. We met at the last neighbours picnic. Had another one today, was great! Murray

Hi Murray.

I remember meeting you as well. Thanks for letting me know and we'll see you around the neighbourhood .
sri2000
I was trying to connect NBN and optus advised as below
"At this time, no other Connect Order for this Location ID has been completed. As you are getting the first to complete order for this NBN Connection will be invoiced the $300 (inc. GST) new developments charge"
Is that right?

Yes, this is correct. Optus charges 300$ although there is no need for Technician to visit the house you just need to connect your Optus modem to NBN modem.
Anyone has the new price list ? thanks for sharing.
Just wanted to asked a quick question of those who have moved in already.

How well is the aircon handling the heat?

I went out to Fairwater for the first time today (Sunday 5th Feb 2017) and felt the display home AC was struggling while the Sales Office AC was doing quite well.

My car tells me it was 44C outside at the time. Not sure how reliable that is, but it sure felt hot when I was walking around the estate.

Thanks

Richard
simo_1788

We have a 2 bed and the air con has no problem chopping with the extreme heat. It does cool the upstairs better than downstairs though and the small house size might be impacting the relative effectiveness.
mntndwn
simo_1788

We have a 2 bed and the air con has no problem chopping with the extreme heat. It does cool the upstairs better than downstairs though and the small house size might be impacting the relative effectiveness.

Good to hear

You might want to get the AC looked at though. My recollection of ducted AC is the amount of air that is sent to each part of the house can be adjusted by a technician by moving baffles in the ducting. By doing this they can correct such heating / cooling imbalances.

Not sure about this, but may be worth checking out.
We are thinking of purchasing a property from a owner at fairwater due to completion later this year or next year (not exactly sure). however the price is much higher than what the owner initially purchased for. In this case during the bank evaluation would the bank consider the current market rate or would they consider the contract price which the owner originally purchased for.
Mubs Some original buyers have struggled to get even the contract price as valuation, so you'd better have a huge deposit if you plan on paying more than that. Also the prices peaked for the release that is currently settling and rose only steadily after that, so it seems unreasonable for the vendor to ask for much more (Basically, they over paid already). The only dip in prices was for the release right next to the train line.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum