Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - New Choice Homes Custom design - Perth, WA

Page 7 of 11
Finished up the electrical today.

Looking great! I love the shower niche black tile, it matches so well with the black shower rail.

The shower rail that’s not supposed to be there!

It’s supposed to be in the main bathroom... I haven’t told them about it yet.
Managed to have a look inside today (caught the electrician/aircon man finishing up after 5).

Site tidied up, rubbish bin and site toilet removed

Power connected and air con installed

Shower fittings swapped

June 18 - Shower screen, mirrors and sliding doors installed

Front door gloss coat done

Garage floor done yesterday (CCS Onyx)

External painting started (Eaves and render finished)

That's looking great, you're almost there!

You must be so stoked with those bricks, every time I see your pics I cant help but admire how fantastic they look
We’re getting close. Only a few minor things inside and out before they’ll be ready for handover and then the real work starts with all of our own finishings (flooring, blinds, etc).

We always wanted this brick.I was actually shocked to find out how much extra they charge for single course face brick.... It was one of our ‘non-negotiable’ items.

We’re really happy with how it looks. Still undecided on aggregate colour. Once the garage door goes in, I think we’ll be able to settle.

Tossing up between Limecrete Kajaani Grey or Kajaani White exposed for the driveway and front paths.
We're having a Monument coloured garage door, so we think that the grey might look a little dark against the darker colour?

I reckon that lighter one would look great with the bricks and render you've got, and then the contrast of the monument garage would be excellent
We're getting a monument colour garage door too - hard to decide what colour to go for the driveway! We're also debating stencilcrete or similar, but that'd only be for a darker colour driveway I'd imagine.

House is looking fantastic by the way!
Have you considered a dark aggregate with black tones? It will contrast beautifully with your red bricks and be more visually coherent with your dark elements. Plus I've seen many badly stained light coloured aggregate driveways, so I would avoid them.

I think we're set on the Kajaani White now (went back to Homebase Subiaco yesterday to check out the Limecrete colours again, much to the kids disgust...
). I'm prepared for sealing it quite often and high pressure cleaning to keep it nice.

However looking back we probably would have been better to have a Surfmist garage door and a darker driveway
Getting close to completion.

Little bit of ceilings to be touched up and wet area cornices to be painted, couple of tiles in the laundry linen cupboard to be installed, missing a down pipe and the garage door.

Fixing carpenter needs to return to install all the doors handles and scullery/pantry shelving.

Wet weather appears to be preventing them from finishing the gloss coat on the lintels and meter box.

They finished the site clean up today however.

Fixing carpenter was on-site today and installed all the door handles and bathroom accessories.

Just a little bit more painting to finish and a garage door and they're basically done. Our blinds arrived today at home as well.
Painting essentially complete today.

PCI booked for next Tuesday morning!
How exciting! Are you going to move in and finish it off or move in when you're done?
First job will be wall painting, then timber floor install and blinds (which arrived on Monday from ABC Blinds). We'll probably move in after this point.

After we move in I'll do the skirting, so we can organise the carpets and hopefully they can do the driveway soon, but it comes down to the weather unfortunately.
[quote="thme"]I think we're set on the Kajaani White now (went back to Homebase Subiaco yesterday to check out the Limecrete colours again, much to the kids disgust...
). I'm prepared for sealing it quite often and high pressure cleaning to keep it nice.

However looking back we probably would have been better to have a Surfmist garage door and a darker driveway
/quote]

Hi! Long time lurker of your thread 😀. Your house is coming along beautifully!

We will also be doing our driveway after handover and leaning towards aggregate concrete. Wondering what company you went with?
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum