Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knock Down Rebuild - Doulton 57 Classique

Page 7 of 7
We only could extend to 1 due to the widths of our land. If we could we would extended the garage more, even thought we still don’t have enough room the garage is still very small.
We have moved in since June this year, if you have finilazise your contract I would strongly recommend to upgrade the bathrooms floor to compress board. We didn’t know until it’s too late that Metricon only install yellow tounge flooring too all bathrooms.
Thanks Charlotte. I am thinking, we will widen the garage to total 7m, given the original width is 5.55m. Do you think that would be wide enough for 2 large SUVs. Do you think 6m original length needs to be changed? I think that will be much harder to change and will mess with the original floor plan.
We are having Hebel floor, so I think upgrading the floor is not required.
Hi Tanya.
If you not going to store or put cupboards in the garage plus your car then you may have reconsider.
With our garage we have a small Volkswagen eso and a Nisan patrol and cupboards (standard one from Bunning) on both side it’s a bit squzzy.
That is very good idea that you have heble flooring ( if we have the second change we would pick heble floor). Best you ask Metricon sale rep to see what are they going to install on the showers (wet areas).
We wanted to do a three car garage, but that wouldn't leave any room at the side for the trades to take things around the house (i.e. bricks, framing, etc). Plus they said that the council may not approve it, and we couldn't move the house over further away, as the other side has an easement down the whole block!

Metricon suggested a 1M extension, which we are going with.

We looked at hebel also, as some others here said it was better for soundproofing and no squeaky floorboards upstairs, but $20K extra was a bit much (we are building the Doulton 50)! May depend on what other changes we make too, whether we keep it or remove it!

Our current garage is a double, being the standard 6M length, and just fits a Prado with towbar, about 0.5M from panel lift door, and 1M from front wall. We have some furniture in there at present, and a fridge and chest freezer (to the front at the left end, if you had them against the wall in front of the car, there would be almost no room to get past)!
The 1M extension (width, not length) quoted at $4,588.
GTR35
Hello Folks, Glad to see a large family of DOULTON houses
I am planing to build in the North, have been to SIGNATURE display house in Greenvale and Doulton display in Burwood. I have got few questions and i am positive to get replies as i can see many experts here of Doulton. This is gonna be our first building Project, i am a bit concern cause i do a lot of interstate & overseas travelling nature of my work. I am also on a Budget, by the looks of it this project is looking very straight forward however, i am sure this won't be the case, by the way we are planning for Doulton 46.

1. Base price is $435k, what you think what extra $$ if i upgrade like flooring, carpets, Kitchen,cooling etc.

2. How long the whole process will take from start till completion?

3. How much i should keep extra $$ for front yard+Back yard+ Fencing etc?

4. What kind of surprises i can face?

5. My block size is 600+SQM approx, do you think it is enough for this type of house?

I am thinking of going for MODE facade to save money and spend on other things.

Your suggestions will be much appreciated

Did you end up going ahead with the Mode facade?
Hi,

Is this built with Heble Power Panel XL for both levels?

How many render quotes and which manufacture?
Related
2/06/2024
Costs of knock down rebuild in Melbourne 2024

Building A New House

I'm on that journey. I had to demolish a single story brick veneer on concrete raft slab about 220 sq meters for about $19k. They took forever to get a permit and I…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum