Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Two Wells Dechellis Build

Page 7 of 10
NicolleAW
Bebbsy
I love your front door, it looks very classy! Which company did they use, Hume?

Your kitchen design, has that allowed space for a microwave oven on the larger cupboard? If so that might solve my problem as I don’t want it on the bench top, or under the island.

Heya Bebbsy,

Yeah I'm pretty sure Hume. The codes on our quotes was XS45 SPM 2340x1020 which match the Hume website.

We do have a microwave tower which is on the back wall in the left corner. I didn't want it low as I'd seen under the bench in some houses and didn't like it. So the tower was in the display house of the house we are building and we loved it. Means a bit more storage with it too which is good.

Thx heaps. I reckon I learn something every day on this forum, it’s so helpful being able to give an opinion, ask for advice, and share design & style tips and the overall new build experience. 🤗
Have just caught up with your build and wow lots of progress!

Looks amazing, lots of nice details! I bet it sucks being locked out now though!

We are tossing up whether to invest in a nicer front door but we will eventually put in screen doors so it may be no point given they will be covered from the outside.

Spying through windows I could see the floating cupboard for our bedroom and the bathroom cupboards.

Love the colour! It's called COLOURpyne Cafe Crumble and we have chose a semi gloss finish. It's a brown x grey with speckles in it. This colour is for our bathroom cabinets, floating cupboard in our bedroom, above head kitchen cupboards and the broom cupboards in the laundry.

I wasn't able to see any kitchen or laundry cupboards on site but they could just be hidden in a room I can't see from outside (it sucks being locked out). Oh and our WIP and WIL have been fitted with shelving.

The door from the garage to the house has been hung properly but all internal doors are still in a pile.

We have a sand delivery so hoping that means the tiler starts screeding soon.

Kitchen cabinets are in, woo! Wish I could get up close and see it all, hopefully this means the laundry cupboards are too.

Front porch has screeding so will be fine once that's done and hopefully internal tiles start soon.

NicolleAW

Kitchen cabinets are in, woo! Wish I could get up close and see it all, hopefully this means the laundry cupboards are too.

Front porch has screeding so will be fine once that's done and hopefully internal tiles start soon.

What are they doing under that beautiful window?
Monkey55

They will put tiles, the same tiles going on our porch. Hope it looks alright! I've no idea if it just sticks out or will wrap around the misscoloured bricks but we will see.
NicolleAW
Monkey55

They will put tiles, the same tiles going on our porch. Hope it looks alright! I've no idea if it just sticks out or will wrap around the misscoloured bricks but we will see.

That will finish it off nicely.

I love the cabinetry colour btw!
NicolleAW
Jolly
Hi Nicole,

Was wondering if you have any comments so far on the sewer system? Any comments around installion by Alano water? I haven’t read much in regards to this in any of the current builds in Eden

Good morning,

I haven't heard much either. A lady a few houses up has already paid Alano and within a few weeks of that got a service supply bill similar to that of SA water.

I had called Alano a while ago now and they basically said once its been paid for and the form filled in and sent to them they are able to come out pretty quickly and install the pump. We will probably go through the motion with them in a couple of months so will see how it goes then I guess.

Thanks for that Nicole,

From the moment we were informed about the sewer system with Alano waters up until now I hadn’t heard much at all. I was feeling a little uneasy just as i wasn’t sure if it required some ground work before the slab was layed.

We just received our info pack along with council agreement and of course the bill, they’ve also asked for us to pass on our site supervisers info 😊

Over the weekend our visit to our house found tiles had been delivered so I am hoping my visit tonight will find that they have started!

The following photos were taking in June last year when we did our tile selections at Italia ceramics.

Photo 1 from left to right: Porch tile, bathroom floor and feature walls, rest of bathroom walls and main floor tile

Laundry splash back tile.

NicolleAW

Over the weekend our visit to our house found tiles had been delivered so I am hoping my visit tonight will find that they have started!

The following photos were taking in June last year when we did our tile selections at Italia ceramics.

Photo 1 from left to right: Porch tile, bathroom floor and feature walls, rest of bathroom walls and main floor tile

Love love love!
You had carpenters out there today
Monkey55
NicolleAW

Love love love!
You had carpenters out there today

Ooooo yes!!!! Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully they leave a door unlocked for me to get in haha
It is all coming together so beautifully.
You must be thrilled!

Enjoying watching another SA build, we are a fair bit behind you though
Iguanatan
You must be thrilled!

We are so happy, can't wait for it to be done though.

Have you decided on a builder? What stage are you at?

Tradies were on site so I was actually able to get in and look around! Carpenters were putting on all the door frames and internal doors and handles. I will be excited to see our internal doors painted because the brown trim on them currently is UGLY lol.

Loving the kitchen space but wishing we maybe added some more draws on either side of the oven, too late now.

My goal with these shelves in the laundry was to put a washing basket in when we aren't using it but they are too small for that but I'm sure we will fit something else handy here.

Andddddd so excited that our waterproofing has been done!

Looking great. I like the idea of having those shelves in the laundry, very creative and functional. I thought of this the other day and am surprised someone is doing the same 😁. I'm thinking to have a door on it then shelves for me to put baskets with labels so it's easier for me to sort clothes and can see which basket is full and ready for the laundry.

What's the size of the opening? Mine would be 450mm or less in width only.
NicolleAW
Iguanatan
You must be thrilled!

We have our frame up and are building with Format.

I bet you can't wait, that kitchen looks fabulous. Somehow the closer it gets the more impatient I feel with this process, I want to be done yesterday, but I figure we won't be done until September.
Melbournevic
Looking great. I like the idea of having those shelves in the laundry, very creative and functional. I thought of this the other day and am surprised someone is doing the same 😁. I'm thinking to have a door on it then shelves for me to put baskets with labels so it's easier for me to sort clothes and can see which basket is full and ready for the laundry.

I'm not 100% sure of the size but its probably about 450. It will be a good spot to store a first aid kit and we might find baskets to fit in the shelves and sort things that way.

It was meant to be 600 originally but then verbally over the phone they were just like do you want us to make that wall look even because each cupboard has odd measurements on the plan and without properly thinking or understanding we said yes and they made the shelves and end broom cupboard the same size and filled the middle with 1 big cupboard but oh well, still love it and and it will get used I'm sure!
Iguanatan
NicolleAW
Iguanatan
You must be thrilled!

We have our frame up and are building with Format.

I bet you can't wait, that kitchen looks fabulous. Somehow the closer it gets the more impatient I feel with this process, I want to be done yesterday, but I figure we won't be done until September.

Oooo how exciting! Hope to see some updates from you soon then

Thank you, we are so happy with it. Now its like alright we want the splashback in, we want the oven in, we want it all ASAP haha. It's almost been 2.5 years of waiting for the land mostly so we are super keen.

September will be here before we know it!
NicolleAW
Melbournevic

I'm not 100% sure of the size but its probably about 450. It will be a good spot to store a first aid kit and we might find baskets to fit in the shelves and sort things that way.

It was meant to be 600 originally but then verbally over the phone they were just like do you want us to make that wall look even because each cupboard has odd measurements on the plan and without properly thinking or understanding we said yes and they made the shelves and end broom cupboard the same size and filled the middle with 1 big cupboard but oh well, still love it and and it will get used I'm sure!

Thanks. I think it looks great, and 450mm should be enough. Our current one is 400mm wide, and in our next build we are doing 450mm. Great idea on the first aid kit to go in there.

Stone benches are in!

Tiling has started and from the peeps I can see from outside looks good.

The dirt that looks likes its all over the tiles is just a reflection from outside. It's so hard to get good pictures through the windows.

The bin is a good indicator lately as to what happened as I get to see things like this...

Related
29/05/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

What is the distance between the island and the bench please?

4/03/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

there is a few calculators you can use if you just google it

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum