Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Merricks 42 Clarion - Melbourne

Page 7 of 7
r_13
blacktea2sugars
As we are at the "concrete and driveway" stage, I too am shocked at the cost.
Our gagrage is really wide, and quite far back (no where near your 40 m tho!)
Who knew concrete is so expensive!!!

Yes, it is expensive but ... it looks sooo goood...

Our driveway is being mostly poured today, then it should set before we move in next week. Then the remaining semipermeable parts of the driveway will be done next Friday!

Love that choice- Nightstrike!
Ooohhh is that your settlement gift? How fabulous!

Congrats you guys!!! We settle on your move day!
So much rain... concreters were at my house at 10pm washing the newly poured concrete to stop the rain curing the top coating too fast...
Looks like the rain didn't ruin things for us. The driveway had enough time to cure before the heaviest rain started, so it's looking good!

Nightstrike freshly cleaned

The long driveway and car turning area: the missing chunk out of the right hand side, and at the top of the driveway will be poured in matching semipermeable concrete next Friday after we move.
Loving that agg!

You're making me reconsider ours now.
It's very similar but the colours and stone gradients of yours is perfect.

Glad this crazy rain didn't damage anything! We have mud city at ours this morning. Yuck
We're moved in... the house still looks empty!
r_13
We're moved in... the house still looks empty!

How is everything going?

You got some more pictures for me?
blacktea2sugars I've been a bit slow with pictures. It's been a whirlwind with moving in and organising driveway/landscaping/etc/etc... somehow all our furniture shrunk in the moving van so the place feels a bit echoey and we're still waiting for the curtains because the factories are slammed.

The back yard is coming along -- over the fence to the left of this picture is a nature reserve, I'm standing at the top of a rock staircase that leads back to the house. Our road is behind the blue house, which is why our driveway is so long.

About 120 plants so far and, 6m³ of loamy soil to provide a base for the lawn to come.

And then... There was lawn... turf, Matilda Buffalo was about the only choice that suited the amount of sunlight we get.

This was a lot of work but only took two days, and much more satisfying than moving the soil which took about 5 days over the school holidays.

Got a new sofa. From Spare Change in Lilydale. 7 seats with a recliner on each end. $1300!

Also the downstairs curtains can be seen here, all sheers downstairs and double sheer/blackout upstairs

Upstairs curtains look like this:

Recently with the price of electricity going up, we got some quotes for solar panels:

This is what 14.725 kW of JinKo panels looks like on the roof plan.

And they were installed, with a battery this week. Looks quite neat sitting outside my garage, under a shade cover the guys provided. That is a Sungrow 10 kW three phase hybrid inverter and 16 kW battery.

After we used 70 kW of power the other Sunday when it was 37 deg and we were all home with the A/C running, it will be good to take some of the sting out of future bills...

r_13
Nice! Looks pretty good. Will be interesting to see how well the sungrows perform over time.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum