Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes Catalina 23 - Oran Park

Page 7 of 19
Exciting!

Was a slow start for a coulee of weeks getting back into it after christmas but now things are moving fast again. Last week I received some photos from our SS showing the gyprock up! Seriously so exciting! They are doing the sanding and cornices this week along with the waterproofing. And I believe the kitchen is happening at the end of the month!

Dining/kitchen

Looking down the hallway to the front door

Garage

Master bedroom
Lara21
Exciting!

Was a slow start for a coulee of weeks getting back into it after christmas but now things are moving fast again. Last week I received some photos from our SS showing the gyprock up! Seriously so exciting! They are doing the sanding and cornices this week along with the waterproofing. And I believe the kitchen is happening at the end of the month!

Dining/kitchen

Looking down the hallway to the front door

Garage

Master bedroom
So exciting!!

Have you done a physical walkthrough yet?

Yes a couple of weeks ago we did a walk through with our SS to check over all the electrical. Was so good to be inside and get a feel for it all! Some things seemed smaller and some bigger but overall just so cool to be inside and have a good look around!
Wow!! Thats super exciting! Please continue sharing your progress shots!
portofino38 hows your build going?
CW_L
Wow!! Thats super exciting! Please continue sharing your progress shots!
portofino38 hows your build going?
Our frames are done! Bricks are getting delivered this week!

Woohoo!! Love all the windows you have!! I'm a huge fan of natural light
I hope those gloomy clouds stay away!!
That’s great news! What bricks have you gone with portofino38 ? Will be so good seeing them go up!
SamanthaS here is the thread if you would like to see any photos of our builds or ask any questions!
Lara21
That’s great news! What bricks have you gone with portofino38 ? Will be so good seeing them go up!
We're going with Blackbutt!

I cant wait to see the roof up!

Oh nice, they will look amazing!
Last week our cornices went up. Waterproofing is getting completed this week and apparently kitchen delivery and install at the end of the week, which I can't believe! I asked our SS for an estimated completion date and he has said beginning of April! Nearly fell off my chair, I was expecting May at the earliest! Cant believe how fast it is all going.

Write reply...
Lara21

Write reply...
Omg. Your place is looking AMAZING!!!!

It's all coming together so quickly!!! Love your choice in cornices! Now i wish we'd upgraded to that style!
lara21 I'm following FH on IG and saw that your home pics got reposted!!!
I recognised them straight away!!
Portofino38
Lara21

Write reply...
Omg. Your place is looking AMAZING!!!!

Ps: what cornice style did you pick??!

It’s called Manly Cove, it came in the platinum package. What styles are you both having?
Lara21
It’s called Manly Cove, it came in the platinum package. What styles are you both having?
I think i got Sydney which was what was included in my package....i wanted to to do square set corners for the whole house but it was a pretty hefty price tag...and i couldnt justify the spend...!

Portofino38
Lara21

I think i got Sydney which was what was included in my package....i wanted to to do square set corners for the whole house but it was a pretty hefty price tag...and i couldnt justify the spend...!

Agreed! I think we were quoted an extra $7k-$10k for square set.
We only upgraded our ceiling height to 2590 so settled for the 75mm Cove. Wanted to upgrade again to 2740 but it was too late by then and they were going to charge us another $7k (including fees).
We wanted 55mm initially but colours consultant said it would look out of place.
CW_L
Portofino38
Lara21

Agreed! I think we were quoted an extra $7k-$10k for square set.
We only upgraded our ceiling height to 2590 so settled for the 75mm Cove. Wanted to upgrade again to 2740 but it was too late by then and they were going to charge us another $7k (including fees).
We wanted 55mm initially but colours consultant said it would look out of place.
Yep us too!! We only got the 2590 ceiling! I wish we upgraded to 2700...makes a huge difference. !

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum