Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Metricon Doulton

Page 7 of 15
We have had our site start today.
they took the top soil away and bought in some fill.

and also a power pit. Two jobs in one day.
Don't know why they put the pit more on the neighbours drive way rather than mine?

Either way we have progress.
stanus

Don't know why they put the pit more on the neighbours drive way rather than mine?

Congratulations.
stanus

It’s getting there. When are they pouring the slab?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday next week.
Charlotte.h
stanus

Congratulations.

Thanks Charlotte.h
Oh happy days

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Once site start, it should be pretty quick to finish. Mine started 1 week before xmas then there's 4 weeks of shutdown and final inspection and handover 2 Aug.
Well last week we had the trenching down and the piping

and this past Wednesday we have been slabbed

and today they started the frames.
I am amazed at the quickness of it all. I thought they would wait a week at least for the frames.
I forgot to take a pic with the frames will try over the weekend.
stanus

I am amazed at the quickness of it all. I thought they would wait a week at least for the frames.

Wow! They are powering along! How exciting!
stanus

Good to see your house is going well.
Our house started framing for Hebel today. Plumber and electrical almost done ready for plaster.
With hebel they will finished it in a couple of days. I am all brick so it will take more time.
3 weeks since site start..

Well it looks like next week we will get the hebel floor and then second storey(as the safety guard rails have been put around)..

stanus
Well it looks like next week we will get the hebel floor and then second storey(as the safety guard rails have been put around)..

Looking good Stanus
Charlotte.h
stanus

Looking good Stanus

Do you mind if I ask how much Metricon charge you for hebel flooring?
stanus

Good on you getting hebel flooring. So wished we would have got that. We have a few creaking areas still. Not happy with the chipboard at all. Or whatever rubbish they put on there. How much did it cost?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
it was 16.5k for the Doulton 56.
stanus

Would have been so worth it. The creaking annoys the heck out of me. Metricon is trying to say wait and let it settle for 24 months. But it’s got nothing to do with settling. As it was a problem before handover. They fixed most of it around the stairs. But the bedroom which the private inspector mentioned. Has it bad. Although he said it won’t be a problem because the bed will go there. Boy was he wrong. If I knew that I would have insisted they fix it before handover.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stanus

Would have been so worth it. The creaking annoys the heck out of me. Metricon is trying to say wait and let it settle for 24 months. But it’s got nothing to do with settling. As it was a problem before handover. They fixed most of it around the stairs. But the bedroom which the private inspector mentioned. Has it bad. Although he said it won’t be a problem because the bed will go there. Boy was he wrong. If I knew that I would have insisted they fix it before handover.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Did you install any insulation between the floor Tanya ?
stanus

I would like to have hebel install but too late now. 😩
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum