Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Timer (Built By Momu @ Calleya)

Page 7 of 17
Looking good just_a_draftee!

Not to worry, all you do is sleep in a bedroom anyways!

The sliding door helps with the bedroom space!
I think it’ll be fine! Your plan still shows there to be lots of space. Love the cavity slider, great use of space
I think we'll be okay if we don't put a chest of drawers opposite the bed, otherwise that might restrict the movement a little. As you said, it's only a room we sleep in, we've got plenty of other rooms to hang out in haha
I have heard that allot of people panic about the sizes at this stage and when the plaster goes up it strangely feels allot bigger. Hopefully that’s the case for you

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Swung past the house today full of excitement to see our stone benchtops as they were booked for install on Monday. We arrived and nothing had been done, so that was extremely disappointing and to make matters worse, a tradie has spilled something all down the front of some drawers in the Kitchen....

I hope whatever it is that is spilt down the drawers is easily removed!
Me too! It was still partially wet when I tried to scrape some off, so will have another look tomorrow when I swing past to mark up my light locations
If not, then I hope they can replace it all quick smart for you without causing too much delay to everything else. Are you doing lighting post hand over?
Yeah they'll be replacing them if it doesn't come off. Builder is doing one standard light point in each room which is setout to suit additional downlights, by us after handover.
just_a_draftee
Yeah they'll be replacing them if it doesn't come off. Builder is doing one standard light point in each room which is setout to suit additional downlights, by us after handover.

Gosh the builders charge for downlights are ridiculous aren't they!
I originally thought we'd save the hassle and get the builder to do them, but they wanted to charge a $138 variation each!
No thanks!

We saw a lighting consultant before prestart (who sadly seemed to go out of business by the time we were ready to order
) and worked out the locations for the lights. The builder just put plug bases in the ceiling for the lights. Hubby went and drilled the holes in the correct place after the ceiling was installed (before lock up) and we've purchased the lights from Beacon. The lighting consultant estimated $50 installation per downlight including drilling, so hopefully we can sort it out for a bit cheaper. Hubby is organising it this week.

So thats $30 per LED downlight, plus install, at $80ish each. $50 saving per light! Not a small amount when you're looking at 50+ lights!!!
Yeah it's crazy what they charge hey! I did an order through our supplier at work and got 60 10w downlights for $600 which was an awesome deal. My brother is an electrician so he's going to do my lights for me
Lucky! I’m also installing downlights post build. I’ve got one quote for roughly 2k For 30 odd downlights and a few others but I also have a mate who is an electrician, I am hoping one of them can do a mates rates deal and I just purchase the lights.
So our stone has finally gone in and it looks amazing! So happy with how the island bench has turned out 😍😍😍

Looking good! Have they given you a timeline from now to PCI?
I asked for an unofficial date and they said end of February. Don't really think there's 7 more weeks of work to do, but apparently it'll take that long.
Tiling complete and grouted and Ensuite framed wall has now been sheeted. Hopefully electric fitoff next week!

Love your feature tiling in the ensuite & shower recess, gorgeous!
Really like your benchtop especially the island bench, and your tile selections in your bathrooms the colours just flow so well together
Thanks! Really happy with how it all turned out
exactly how we thought it would when doing our tile selection!
Yes love your tile selection! We've gone for a similar one in the kitchen/scullery/laundry!
Related
16/05/2024
Screed First Timer

General Discussion

Keen for an update. How did you get on with your 2nd balcony?

29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

9/08/2023
Built-in Shelving

General Discussion

Strong enough for what? For linen, absolutely. To climb on, no. I've got similar shelving in my garage and it holds a decent amount of weight. 900 wide shelves will carry…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum