Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home build SA Hickinbotham- keys 26/2

Page 7 of 45
Yes grateful to have her
just hoping they will get to clean that lot now that they know they wont get out of it. Its not going to be an easy or cheap job, and might be why they try to delay cleanup
so glad you have that conveyancer
So the lot has been slaahed but sadly the rubbish is still there (woiden pallets, plastic chairs and other concrete /building waiste)
Conveyancer emailed vendors conveyancer so now waiting to hear back (funny how quick they can be if they have to wait fir their money)
Vendors waiting for other builder to remove their waste (one the was building next to our lot last)
Conveyancer said it might not be removed prior to settlement but if not will get it in writing that it has to be removed within a week from settlement
She is hoping to settle tomorrow
Will probably hear later today if its been confirmed
Really hope we settle tomorrow
Hasbeen to long a wait for the vendor around 3weeks from final stage of council aproval and formal loan approval
good luck and as long as its in writing and imposes a penalty if they dont comply
pretty slack on the other builder to leave rubbish on an adjacent block so long
Oh my gosh the vendor is trying to pin it on us snd saying rubbish came to lot after we signed so we are responsible for it????
Lucky i have a photo that predated the signing of the contract that inducates the rubbish there.
i would have thought the date that matters is settlement date and not signing date as they still own teh land up until settlement

sounds like they really dont want to pay for the removal
Thats what we said
But apparently from the date we sugned we are responsible for it? I did ask the why we were not allowed to build then if we are responsible for it with no answer...
But we took photos dating 19/4
Build contract was signed 20/4
Land contract was only received and signed 13/5
So i think they have been schooled...

Photos was initially take to indicate a street name post that was in the way of where driveway would be with building plans and lucky for us shows the building rubble too

Still dont get how we were responsible for the land from the day we signed? They said during building your not allowed on sit but no limit after signing land contract witch is contradictory really and are being bend to suit them

Apparently if rubish was dumped there after signing we have to deal with it not them (bit strange since we don't owe the land yet) but anyway we had photos indicating they have to deal with it

So conveyancer has said we can settle tomorrow with them giving in writing that it will be removed within a week from settlement. She is awaiting their reply now. So we wait again.

Was told between everything the vendor says you can areas for council to pick it up for free...(then why dont they do it through council then) i know because building rubble and green waiste is not part of the free hard rubish pickup council offers!!! (We did find out prior to going through the hassle of holding them responsible to remove it).

So we wait again
So lucky we had emails (our conveyancer) that vendor said they will slash lot ad remove rubbish prior to settlement. We provided date stamped photos showing rubbish at start that we asked about and our conveyancer was told will be removed and done prior to settlement in an email.

We send through the photos this afternoon and all rubbish was removed plus slashed snd poisoned! And vendor informed us they are ready to settle tomorrow yay!
Good to hear. They just needed to know you wasnt going to back down on it
Think so
Oh man they were really pushing us
Felt like walking away and cut our loses with clean the lot
But hubby was determined to wait till they clean before they get $$

Its crazy, all the time waisted! Lol lucky we had time on our side since contract settlement date was 3 october

But they did try hard to not do anything
Big relief can't wait to get it over with lol
good luck with the Settlement and putting the vendors behind you
Thank you
good to hear that you had the email trail.
and yay - it is today!! hope it all goes through smoothly
Our conveyancer advised its taking place tiday late morning/early afternoon so should hear back soon
you should have a picnic and some bubbles on your block to celebrate - so exciting!!
Hubby is sick lol so will definitely celebrate Sunday!
Wahoo!!!! Settlement has taken place!!!πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸΈπŸΎπŸ·
Conveyancer informed hickies of settlement

Now we wait to hear back.

Can anyone say how long they waited after settling was confirmed with hickies to get any info off building or when it will start?
lovisa
Wahoo!!!! Settlement has taken place!!!πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸΈπŸΎπŸ·

Related
16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

14/06/2024
Advice needed for first time build in Perth

Building A New House

granny can live in the garage. just give her a few extra blankets rofl

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum