Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Easystart Homes in Carissa Estate (Seville Gr

Page 7 of 11
So in a week they have completed 70% of the brickwork! Amazed at the quality and how fast these brickies are moving. Been advised they should be finished on Monday, with electrical chase, roof carptener and external render and other bits & pieces in between have been booked in for within the next two weeks. Semi wanting them to take there time as it seems to be going super quick hahaha

Nook for stove and oven & benchtop in kitchen

Living & Dining area

Front of house, looking into master bedroom on the left

Front entry

Theatre room

Brickwork is complete šŸŽ‰
Just received this update from our wonderful SS - site has had a clean, external render is complete and roof carpenter is on site to start on the beams. At the rate they are going we should definitely have our roof finished before the Christmas break

Is your SS Jamie? He's great.

Just had PCI for our house and it was almost perfect. Very happy with the job done
CalleyaBuild
Is your SS Jamie? He's great.

Just had PCI for our house and it was almost perfect. Very happy with the job done

Hi CalleyaBuild,

No our SS is Gary, he's been great aswell. Very good with providing updates with dates of upcoming work and sending lots of pictures through.

Oh wow, how exciting for you! I can't wait to reach that stage and finally be able to prepare moving in. May I ask how long it took for your build from slab down to PCI?
Slab went down the first week of July and we had about 2 weeks rain delay. Everything has gone so fast since lock up
CalleyaBuild
Slab went down the first week of July and we had about 2 weeks rain delay. Everything has gone so fast since lock up

Holy moly, that is so quick! 4.5 months to finish the house, that's incredible
I'm kind of hoping they will take there time with ours, we are in no rush and would rather save a little bit more money while the partner and I are living back with family but it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed for lock up before the christmas break.
Steel beams for the roof almost complete, can't believe how fast it is going up. Beamwork should be completed today or tomorrow. Definitely didn't look like there was much left to do, next up electrical chase, gutters and tube out for the plumber and the tin to go on

Roof frame, fascias & hardisheet to garage was completed yesterday

Electrical chase, plumbing/gas chase & roof is all complete! Hoping for an update today or tomorrow to see if we may be able to reach lock up before the christmas break, won't be disappointed if we don't as I am over the moon and how much they have done in a month and a half

Wow that is incredibly quick! Hope we get it done that quickly once they get going!
nicolac34
Wow that is incredibly quick! Hope we get it done that quickly once they get going!

I know, we are so shocked with how fast it is going up. The admin process feels dreadfully long but once you hit construction it goes by so quick, it'll be blink and you miss it before you know it
We feel the same with the speed of our construction! Admin dragged sooo much now Iā€™m wishing the construction will slow down a bit so we can save more

m0llss
We feel the same with the speed of our construction! Admin dragged sooo much now Iā€™m wishing the construction will slow down a bit so we can save more

Hahaha, yep we know those feels too. I need more time to prepare myself for all the bills and after handover work to come
I think you're going to be pushing it for lock-up before the end of the year. I'm only just getting to lock-up this week and I'm about 4 weeks ahead of you
just_a_draftee
I think you're going to be pushing it for lock-up before the end of the year. I'm only just getting to lock-up this week and I'm about 4 weeks ahead of you

Yeah, we know we won't get to lock up but at the rate they were going it was a slight possibility. We will be close to it which is good šŸ˜Š We have our plaster set and ceilings booked in to be done leading up to the Christmas break
Not necessarily a bad thing, means there's less chance of someone breaking in to steal stuff over the closure. I'll be checking my place frequently over Christmas to make sure all is good
Render finished, ceilings finished, plaster set to finish by the 9th of January, lock up booked for 12th of January, woohoo.
Super stoked with how much they accomplished since slab down in October. Bring on the new year

Making good progress.
White set and cornices were completed before the Christmas break which was a lovely surprise. Windows, shelving and doors are being delivered today, LOCK UP scheduled for tomorrow! Yay! Now that we have reached lock up am I justified in asking for a rough time period until handover or should I wait a week or two before asking? I've heard it can be roughly 6-8 weeks from lock up to keys and my partner and I need to give a months notice to be able to have some time off... so hard to put in dates when you have no clue if it will continue to be on time as per schedule and no set dates for handover.

Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum