Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Express - Westbury Premium - East Estate

Page 7 of 12
Simonds should lodge a complaint with police and police will deal with these s... developer then. They can’t stop police having a view
smithfamily
Went past house again this afternoon....to find the internal garage door into the house wide open...and both family rooms carpet has been stolen!! I am seriously getting over this building process if we are continually going to get things stolen! Will be interesting to see what SImonds will do about this when I have a meeting with SS tomorrow morning.

The only upside was we got a walk through of the house today due to the door being open. Figured out that when the timber floors were stolen last week, they fixed the door jam but not the door lock itself so that catch wasn't actually catching in the door frame unless fiddled with. Looks like trades were on site yesterday caulking and cleaning exterior windows ready for flyscreens this week. My assumption is they didn't check that the door was fully closed and locked when they left....
Anyway, here's some photos.

The pictures look fantastic. Looks ready to live in.
What is going on in that estate?!?! This is crazy all these thefts and break in.
I'd be wary of the flyscreens going in just yet, sounds like they'd get stolen too )o:
Met with SS this morning. They're going to be putting up cameras now with this latest theft.
I think the issue with this estate is the fact that from lunch time Saturday until Monday morning there is no-one at the estate. No-one has moved in yet and there are really only 3-4 houses that are close to completion. By middle of April I expect there will be 3 homes with people in them (all Simonds builds).
Having people around 24/7 should then curb the thefts.....I hope! Don't want to be scared in my brand new home.

Flyscreens went on this morning, the rate we're going they will be stolen by tomorrow....
We started "red dotting" with SS this morning while we were there, this will hopefully make PCI a breeze in a couple of weeks.

Let's see what the next two weeks bring......
smithfamily
Met with SS this morning. They're going to be putting up cameras now with this latest theft.
I think the issue with this estate is the fact that from lunch time Saturday until Monday morning there is no-one at the estate. No-one has moved in yet and there are really only 3-4 houses that are close to completion. By middle of April I expect there will be 3 homes with people in them (all Simonds builds).
Having people around 24/7 should then curb the thefts.....I hope! Don't want to be scared in my brand new home.

Flyscreens went on this morning, the rate we're going they will be stolen by tomorrow....
We started "red dotting" with SS this morning while we were there, this will hopefully make PCI a breeze in a couple of weeks.

Let's see what the next two weeks bring......

Hope, all goes good for the next couple of weeks and then you, 8homes and another Simonds move in quickly.
Yay! Heard back from another neighbour for fencing and they've agreed to our selected quote!
2 down, 1 to go!
I have booked in fencing contractor for start next Thursday, hopefully I speak to the remaining neighbour by then!
smithfamily
Yay! Heard back from another neighbour for fencing and they've agreed to our selected quote!
2 down, 1 to go!
I have booked in fencing contractor for start next Thursday, hopefully I speak to the remaining neighbour by then!

yay, great news.
Spent the weekend putting additional top soil in backyard, so that it is somewhat even, compared to how Simonds left it after site clean. It's looking much better now. Had to be done as fences start later this week, would've been painful trying to wheelbarrow 5 cubic metres of soil down the side of the house....

And driveway is done! They've done a great job of it!
Security cameras are also up and appear to be doing their job. Nothing has been taken this weekend! Only 3more weekends until handover so fingers crossed it stays that way!

smithfamily
Spent the weekend putting additional top soil in backyard, so that it is somewhat even, compared to how Simonds left it after site clean. It's looking much better now. Had to be done as fences start later this week, would've been painful trying to wheelbarrow 5 cubic metres of soil down the side of the house....

Security cameras are also up and appear to be doing their job. Nothing has been taken this weekend! Only 3more weekends until handover so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Yeah - the driveway colour perfectly blends with the exterior colours. So near, hope these coming weekends fly past quuckly
smithfamily

Looks great SmithFamily. Loving your driveway. Is that the coloured concrete? We're planning to get coloured too. Just got a quote on Saturday morning.

We did the same on the weekend but only for a few hours. Just had to get one side ready for a fence. Couldn't just mow it because the grass was really long where the temp fences had been and in the long grass we were finding brick, clumps of mortar, drink containers, metal bits, etc etc etc. Thankfully didn't need to put any soil on that side but we will have to when it comes to the back and other wide.

We're going to do the same with our driveway, make a path to the porch. Can you tell if you can have 2 cars sitting side by side on your driveway? The guy who quoted for us on the weekend suggested we extend the left side a bit to have room.
pEast
smithfamily

Yeah - the driveway colour perfectly blends with the exterior colours. So near, hope these coming weekends fly past quuckly

Thanks pEast! Yep fingers crossed the new few weeks go quickly!!
Bri1234
smithfamily

Looks great SmithFamily. Loving your driveway. Is that the coloured concrete? We're planning to get coloured too. Just got a quote on Saturday morning.

We did the same on the weekend but only for a few hours. Just had to get one side ready for a fence. Couldn't just mow it because the grass was really long where the temp fences had been and in the long grass we were finding brick, clumps of mortar, drink containers, metal bits, etc etc etc. Thankfully didn't need to put any soil on that side but we will have to when it comes to the back and other wide.

We're going to do the same with our driveway, make a path to the porch. Can you tell if you can have 2 cars sitting side by side on your driveway? The guy who quoted for us on the weekend suggested we extend the left side a bit to have room.

Thank Bri! Yep it's coloured concrete. The colour is called Slate from Hanson Concrete.
I think we should be able to fit 2 cars side by side, barely though. We have a Mazda CX5 and a small mazda so they should both fit, 2 big cars might be a bit of a different story though. If you can, I would suggest going a little wider on the left to make 2 fit, a good idea!

We found alot of crap in the backyard too, lots of rubbish! Thankfully we only have about 2 metres between side of house and boundary line so we didn't have to put any soil there as Simonds did that to cover most of it as it's only a small area. All the blocks in our estate have a fall to the back of the block so we effectively had a big hole in the backyard, I suspect all others will have the same unless they paid extra through their site costs to have their site properly scraped and re-filled.
smithfamily
Bri1234
smithfamily

Thank Bri! Yep it's coloured concrete. The colour is called Slate from Hanson Concrete.
I think we should be able to fit 2 cars side by side, barely though. We have a Mazda CX5 and a small mazda so they should both fit, 2 big cars might be a bit of a different story though. If you can, I would suggest going a little wider on the left to make 2 fit, a good idea!

We found alot of crap in the backyard too, lots of rubbish! Thankfully we only have about 2 metres between side of house and boundary line so we didn't have to put any soil there as Simonds did that to cover most of it as it's only a small area. All the blocks in our estate have a fall to the back of the block so we effectively had a big hole in the backyard, I suspect all others will have the same unless they paid extra through their site costs to have their site properly scraped and re-filled.

The colour looks fantastic. Works so well with your facade colours.

ahhh good info. We have a Kia Carnival and a Toyota Yaris so big and little, lol. The extra on the left will cost an extra $600 but I'm thinking if we don't do it we'll regret it. Especially seeing as we want to use colour we don't want to be trying to match later. We're going to do the path to the porch and also go beside the left on the house just past the meter box and then stop at the new gate.

We can't really clear up the front just yet. The skip bin is still there along with heaps of rusted rebar (I think that's what it's called).

Think we're all going to be doing some yard work for a while by the sounds of it, lol
Bri1234
smithfamily
Bri1234

The colour looks fantastic. Works so well with your facade colours.

ahhh good info. We have a Kia Carnival and a Toyota Yaris so big and little, lol. The extra on the left will cost an extra $600 but I'm thinking if we don't do it we'll regret it. Especially seeing as we want to use colour we don't want to be trying to match later. We're going to do the path to the porch and also go beside the left on the house just past the meter box and then stop at the new gate.

We can't really clear up the front just yet. The skip bin is still there along with heaps of rusted rebar (I think that's what it's called).

Think we're all going to be doing some yard work for a while by the sounds of it, lol

We didn't like the colour at first but now it looks really nice. We are going to colour seal it as well which will give it a wet look and keep it protected.

Lol big and little should be fine. I would definitely do it if you think you might regret it later. We didn't do some things during the build and are now regretting it, won't make that mistake again!
Coloured concrete is a bit dearer but looks so much nicer.

There is a large pile of concrete rubble and crap in our front yard too so I'm not touching it until Simonds clear it.
Yep agreed, yard work for a long time to come lol And it's not my favourite thing to do....
smithfamily
We didn't like the colour at first but now it looks really nice. We are going to colour seal it as well which will give it a wet look and keep it protected.

Lol big and little should be fine. I would definitely do it if you think you might regret it later. We didn't do some things during the build and are now regretting it, won't make that mistake again!

There is a large pile of concrete rubble and crap in our front yard too so I'm not touching it until Simonds clear it.
Yep agreed, yard work for a long time to come lol And it's not my favourite thing to do....

I've seen coloured as I drive around and really like the look.

I think we will go with the extra width on the driveway. Reducing garden too, lol

Yeah we came across some big pieces of concrete. Hubby was going to break them up and put them in the skip but they are a bit too big. Hoping Simonds gets rid of them.
Bri1234
smithfamily

I think we will go with the extra width on the driveway. Reducing garden too, lol

Yeah we came across some big pieces of concrete. Hubby was going to break them up and put them in the skip but they are a bit too big. Hoping Simonds gets rid of them.

Anything to reduce gardening haha

I'd leave the big stuff and don't accept handover till they're removed. That's what I'll be doing.
smithfamily
Bri1234
smithfamily

I'd leave the big stuff and don't accept handover till they're removed. That's what I'll be doing.

Yeah we weren't impressed on the weekend. We found some long pieces of the rebar stuff in the long grass where the temp fencing was and they'd also put some on the nature strip. We moved it all in to the pile in front of the skip.
Bri1234
smithfamily
Bri1234

Yeah we weren't impressed on the weekend. We found some long pieces of the rebar stuff in the long grass where the temp fencing was and they'd also put some on the nature strip. We moved it all in to the pile in front of the skip.

I have noticed, and both SS's have told us, no trade care about another or anything at all really. They come in, make a mess, do their job and leave and not tidy up or anything. There have been so many marks on our walls and doors just from trades that aren't even a little bit careful with what they're doing....
smithfamily
Bri1234

I have noticed, and both SS's have told us, no trade care about another or anything at all really. They come in, make a mess, do their job and leave and not tidy up or anything. There have been so many marks on our walls and doors just from trades that aren't even a little bit careful with what they're doing....

Yeah we found blades from cutters that had just been thrown in to the grass etc. They finish a drink or their lunch and just leave their rubbish where they are. They chuck rubbish on the ground in front of the skip when the skip is completely empty. It's just lazy.
Hi, loving your home, do you mind if I ask what colour your bathroom tiles are?

smithfamily
Went past house again this afternoon....to find the internal garage door into the house wide open...and both family rooms carpet has been stolen!! I am seriously getting over this building process if we are continually going to get things stolen! Will be interesting to see what SImonds will do about this when I have a meeting with SS tomorrow morning.

The only upside was we got a walk through of the house today due to the door being open. Figured out that when the timber floors were stolen last week, they fixed the door jam but not the door lock itself so that catch wasn't actually catching in the door frame unless fiddled with. Looks like trades were on site yesterday caulking and cleaning exterior windows ready for flyscreens this week. My assumption is they didn't check that the door was fully closed and locked when they left....
Anyway, here's some photos.

Bri1234
smithfamily
Bri1234

Yeah we found blades from cutters that had just been thrown in to the grass etc. They finish a drink or their lunch and just leave their rubbish where they are. They chuck rubbish on the ground in front of the skip when the skip is completely empty. It's just lazy.

Same here.
Definitely just lazy......!!
Related
19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum