Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Trentham Build - The Baby Bordeaux

Page 7 of 12
Love those tiles!
blackcat20
Love those tiles!

Thanks! They’re a bit of fun! Love how they’ve come up.
Driveway, entry and path between garage and laundry doors all finished this week. Makes a huge difference! We ended up going with a charcoal coloured concrete with diamond sawcuts in the driveway.

Bethany
Driveway, entry and path between garage and laundry doors all finished this week. Makes a huge difference! We ended up going with a charcoal coloured concrete with diamond sawcuts in the driveway.

Looks great. You bet us too it. Love the Steps.

We were suppose to get ours done this week. But because it rained. It wet the arrogated rocks. And something to do with digging it up. There was so much water. Therefor they have to let it dry out. Then the concreter goes on holidays till Wednesday
. So it’s delayed it for 2 weeks. Which then delays the whole build.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Bethany

Looks great Beth, really like that front door

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Doulton777
Bethany

We were suppose to get ours done this week. But because it rained. It wet the arrogated rocks. And something to do with digging it up. There was so much water. Therefor they have to let it dry out. Then the concreter goes on holidays till Wednesday

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks! We love the steps too! You might still beat us overall... This was done by our own contractor, not Metricon. They let us do our concrete before handover. We are still waiting for things to be fixed up after our walkthrough and we have a couple of things that we will have to take further if need be. So close but so far!
Quirmeball1280
Bethany

Looks great Beth, really like that front door

Thanks! Really happy we got the double front door, keeps it all symmetrical.
Bethany
Doulton777
Bethany

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks! We love the steps too! You might still beat us overall... This was done by our own contractor, not Metricon. They let us do our concrete before handover. We are still waiting for things to be fixed up after our walkthrough and we have a couple of things that we will have to take further if need be. So close but so far!

Hahaha you sound like me. That’s what I say. So close but so far.

We had a walk tru. There was only minor defects most was plaster. After Christmas ours slowed right down. Due to a few suppliers. Don’t know if we will be finished before you thou.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
When was your walk through? Ours was almost two weeks ago and nothing has been done since as far as we are aware. Most of the house is really good but our kitchen tiling has been a real problem. We chose the herringbone marble mosaics and the tiler has done really rough cuts, which we just can't accept! Seems they are having a lot of trouble on getting him back and figuring out how to fix it. We're in for the long game though, just want things to be done right. Have they given you any idea of handover date yet?
Bethany
When was your walk through? Ours was almost two weeks ago and nothing has been done since as far as we are aware. Most of the house is really good but our kitchen tiling has been a real problem. We chose the herringbone marble mosaics and the tiler has done really rough cuts, which we just can't accept! Seems they are having a lot of trouble on getting him back and figuring out how to fix it. We're in for the long game though, just want things to be done right. Have they given you any idea of handover date yet?

Ahhh tiles would be a hard one for them to come back and fix. It sounds like our splashback supplier who installed the wrong one. Took weeks on end to get any answer from him. And only time m pushed it with him. Was when I told the bc to go to management and get them to speak to them. Then soon as I did that. They escalated it. Then the supplier finally responded with saying he will come and check it out. Then when he finally got there. He informed m yes they installed the wrong one.

Then they gave us two options. Get 75% of if we leave it. Which was nearly $4000. Or get the one we wanted installed. We opted to replace it. I don’t think they would have been happy. But they are sure taking their time in installing new one. Which will be on the 6th of April.

I think you should keep ringing m or emailing them. Keep bugging them. And hopefully they will see you as an annoying customer and would want to get you off their back.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
That’s so annoying! We’ve found along the way that it hasn’t seemed to matter if we pester them, things haven’t seemed to go any faster for us. Gonna ring the SS on Tuesday and find out what’s happening. Hilarious after walk through they sent a letter about hoping to fix any defects within 7 days. Is your splashback the only main thing you’re waiting for before handover?
Bethany
That’s so annoying! We’ve found along the way that it hasn’t seemed to matter if we pester them, things haven’t seemed to go any faster for us. Gonna ring the SS on Tuesday and find out what’s happening. Hilarious after walk through they sent a letter about hoping to fix any defects within 7 days. Is your splashback the only main thing you’re waiting for before handover?

I have to say. We have kicked up a fuss many times and many times they will do it. And every time I would say I wanna talk to someone higher up. Someone contacts me. We have succeeded with many things. I don’t know why. But they will always respond to us. There’s so many things they didn’t even fight us on. Which I expected them too.

I don’t know if it’s because it’s their biggest house on new land with so many structural changes In 40 years. And maybe they wanna stay good with us. Or they wanna use it as a display. Cos they seem to pretty much give into everything without much of a fight. I have also heard they are very stubborn. But we haven’t found that. And we had a few things to confront them with. And they pretty much have done it with no real hesitation. And it’s been $$$$ of dollars worth.

Just waiting on drive way. And decking. Which ss said he does at the end cos he doesn’t want tradies to scratch it. A third coat of paint. Splashback. Chandelier will go in a day before we move. That’s really about it. Ss told us 2 weeks. We were suppose to be end of March. But You know things are. So how hopefully two weeks.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
That’s great you’ve been able to get all the things you want! We got the manager higher up on our last visit but he was just trying to talk his way out of all the fix-ups... Might have to step it up again then if we don’t get a favourable response next week.
Bethany
That’s great you’ve been able to get all the things you want! We got the manager higher up on our last visit but he was just trying to talk his way out of all the fix-ups... Might have to step it up again then if we don’t get a favourable response next week.

Yeah keep on their backs. I don’t know why they would hesitate as word of mouth is so powerful. Best way too sell. Did they give you a handover date yet?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
No handover date yet.
Near the end is hard. Sometimes it’s easier to switch off. That’s what I have been doing. Hopefully it will be soon for both of us.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Haha. Now you sound like me with the switch off part! Fingers crossed for us! 🤞
Hahahahaha

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Bethany

Where you have had a walk through, is the practical completion payment milestone immediately payable or is it possible to hold back payment until any major issues from the walk through are fixed?

Quirmeball1280
Bethany

Where you have had a walk through, is the practical completion payment milestone immediately payable or is it possible to hold back payment until any major issues from the walk through are fixed?

We are in Vic so not sure if it’s the same. Our contract states that builder can issue final invoice when they either get certificate of occupancy or claim they are completed works, if you provide in writing a list of defects (which is what you do at your inspection) it means you don’t have to pay at that stage. Our SS has told us that we just pay at handover - we give him a bank cheque and he gives us keys.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum