Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The ivy, Doreen

Page 7 of 14
Hi Guys,

We bought in 7A and were told to expect titling in Jan 2019. This sounds strange now as you bought later and were told earlier dates. Or does the stage release have nothing to do with anything?
Hi Guys,
Has anyone done Land valuations in stage 2 , i have been hearing valuation has been very conservative. Wanted to know if this is really True.

Thanks
Adi
Probably under what it could have been if they'd finished to a higher standard.
That is shocking!
I am in stage 6 and I was told titling in May 2018!
If stage 7 on Jan 2019 so it means stage 6 will be in Oct 2018!!!
That's where we go wrong; we figure they have a conscience.

Phil Cabret's ( the project manager) bio rings about as true as their advertising

Previous successes has enabled Phil to maintain robust long-term relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, construction organisations and, - The Big One - build a reputation for delivering quality projects ‘on-time’ and ‘on budget’.

Now that's just a crock.
Varispe
Hi Guys,

We bought in 7A and were told to expect titling in Jan 2019. This sounds strange now as you bought later and were told earlier dates. Or does the stage release have nothing to do with anything?

That is really bizarre, are you sure they didn’t mean jan 2018?? Rhonda definitely told us Aug 2018 and there’s no way I would imagine stage 8 would title before stage 7! Let me know if you find out for sure.
Hello guys,
We are from stage 4 and Rhonda told us that it will title on January 2018.
CatRose
Varispe
Hi Guys,

That is really bizarre, are you sure they didn’t mean jan 2018?? Rhonda definitely told us Aug 2018 and there’s no way I would imagine stage 8 would title before stage 7! Let me know if you find out for sure.

I guess I'd prefer they overestimate it rather than under...it sounds like a lot of people are going to get screwed around, especially if they've locked in builders. Yeah, it was definitely 2019 and that makes more sense as the last post are stage 4 and were told Jan 18. We were pretty happy to wait so we could get ourselves more organised but if it drags out much more than that I'm going get pretty annoyed.
Guys,
I spoke to RPM estate guys today, they adv that Stage 3 will most likely title in Dec 2017, Stage 4 Jan 2018 and since I was enquiring about stage 7, he said Stage 7 is June 2018. I guess Stage 5 & 6 will be between Feb-May. Leading to stage 8 in August 2018
NehaM
Guys,
I spoke to RPM estate guys today, they adv that Stage 3 will most likely title in Dec 2017, Stage 4 Jan 2018 and since I was enquiring about stage 7, he said Stage 7 is June 2018. I guess Stage 5 & 6 will be between Feb-May. Leading to stage 8 in August 2018

Thanks NehaM for this updating. Just wondering how can be stage 4 titling in Jan 18 after one month only from stage 3 in Dec 17 taking into consideration Xmas holidays in between!
NehaM
Guys,

Thanks NehaM,
That makes perfect sense given we were told stage 8 in August. Thanks for the update!
Does anyone know if the developer will do the grass and trees on the nature strip or we have to grass/turf the nature strip?

sie_jess
Does anyone know if the developer will do the grass and trees on the nature strip or we have to grass/turf the nature strip?

SAW
sie_jess

They are required to do it, but refuse to put any time frame on it, and won't even respond to enquiries regarding anything to do with the development progress.

Hi saw,
My best friend and her hubby are in Riverstone estate just over the road. They moved into their house in July this year...and her hubby ended up just doing all the landscaping himself and ended up laying turf and planting trees on the naturestrip. No cheap feat especially since they’re on a corner block! It looks beautiful now, but shouldn’t that be the developers job? Everyone else’s naturestrip is still a mess. I don’t know if they’re just waiting for everyone to finish building before they start the landscaping to avoid damage but that’s a long time to expect people to put up with the mess. We haven’t been out to the ivy since we purchased or really even had a good look around (were in 8B) so might pop out this weekend. Keen to see these wetlands and the fencing issue!
Also, has anyone heard of or are building with Dean homes? They are a smaller custom builder and apparently are doing a few homes in the ivy (including Rhonda’s!) They were recommended to us by Rhonda when we said we could not find a ‘commercial builder’ with a floor plan that would fit our odd shaped block (short but wide with a 3m easement at the back). Dean homes seem to have been great so far with a floor plan for us that will work but haven’t gone much further yet as far as modifications etc. Me and hubby have no idea about building and are doing this for the first time so any help from you guys would be much appreciated! Hope everyone’s builds in stage 2 are progressing well!!
Hi CatRose,

We are building with Dean Home in Stage 2. Our construction hasn't started yet. Apparently they are building 4 houses in stage 2. Neil their sales person is very good and helpful.
The whole process is bit slow and i found they are bit costlier then other big builders.

Good Luck!!!!

//cheers
And today I get an email from their team informing me of their fencing requirements/guidelines, responsibility and obligations as a property owner. Arrogant pricks.
We are building in 8b too, I think you might be 2 blocks down from us Catrose
3MBlanco
Hello guys,
We are from stage 4 and Rhonda told us that it will title on January 2018.

we are stage 4 also and received an email via our builder that it's been pushed back to Feb 2018

Thats gone from Aug 2017 to Feb 2018. 7 months. Pr*cks. If i'd known that I'd have stayed in my old house for longer before we sold and made an extra few grand
Guys, our builder told us that the whole estate has been cleared off the bush fire rating, we are in stage 7 and that is a huge relief as we will be saving $$. Anybody else has any updates?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum