Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Palisade in Drouin

Page 7 of 7
p.dark
alexandraa
So went to look at the block last night aaaaaanddddddd nothing has changed. At. All.

There are 8 houses going up in the street next to ours however. And they're all Simonds houses and they're all going up super fast so that's good to know!

Talked to our land sales agent and they've sold pretty much all of our stage and they've had to release another stage earlier than anticipated because it's in such high demand.

Which is good because that means we'll have neighbours that we can split the fences with, winning!

This is our patch of dirt, looks exactly as it did the last 4 times I've been to visit haha.

This is where stage 14b is going so pretty much straight across from our block and behind stage 14.

I can't wait until they actually do something exciting haha. Still on track for September title date but land sales agent said he will know more second half of the year. ??

Same here.my initial date was feb 2017, and I finally got an email saying the lot will be pegged by 1st week of April and title to be estimated 1st week of May. Hopefully they are right this time and land be settled at end of May. Moving in before Christmas would be nice

Oooh good luck! That's exciting. ???? everything goes smoothly and on time for you

So I went to look at the block tonight like I do every 2 weeks because why not haha. Anyways got there expecting nothing as usual just some flat dirt but to my surprise there is something actually happening. WE'RE GETTING SEWERAGE PIPES YAAAAAYYY! I only know because the OH Uncle works in civil construction. Here are some pictures. Does anyone know how long it roughly takes for them to be laid and how long everything else takes after that? Cause you know I'm impatient and everything

This is the looking down Thames Avenue and our block is just behind that fence on the left

The stuff that I've been told is used for trenches and probably sewerage pipes

And I don't know what those dirt piles are for I'm assuming it's gravel? Not sure

But yes might not seem like much but I'm excited to see something different happening! 4 months until (expected) title date.

Well I hope yours goes faster than ours! The actual construction took a year I think
Interested in knowing how long other developments typically take? It would be so exciting to see a development get titles when they say they will

that sucks! Are there any updates from your end Halcyon? Me too! I'm not getting too excited about title dates cause I know they are alwaysssss delayed but it would be nice to start building before the end of the year haha

Nothing much happening for us, still no titles in sight, unfortunately *looooong sigh*
but I think I'd be surprised if you weren't building by the end of the year, really! From other developments I've followed it seems quite normal for the paperwork after the actual road/everything is finished to take 2 or 3 months, depending on the title office and councils and all that.. The worst is not being able to see progress, so you don't know if anything is even happening

Omg that sucks so much! I'm sorry to hear that
have Simonds started charging you or are they being good with extensions and stuff?

🤞🏻🤞🏻 let's just keep everything crossed haha. Yes true some progress is better than no progress!

Well they can't really charge us because it's not our fault it's delayed, They did extend the price 3 times for us though, I don't expect them to do it again, I think the price will go up in the end, they haven't really said yet..

Have you guys signed the building contract or paid a deposit or anything with Simonds yet?

Well that's good of them. 🤞🏻 something happens before the prices go up!

Yeah we did all of that in January so I hope they don't charge us either! We did tell them nothing is meant to happen until September - November and they were fine with it but we'll see!

Oh I do remember that now, sorry! January feels so long ago! Had they done any soil tests on your land before the contracts were done, or do you have fixed site costs?

Haha that's okay! I know it's ridiculous and this year is going so fast!!!

Nope nothing, we have fixed site costs though
thank god because they can be pretty expensive in some cases!

Oh that's good then! There won't be any unexpected problems there then!

So I went and had a look at the block just before and we've got some pretty exciting progress! Please mind the bad quality, there were tradies everywhere and they all kept looking at me like I was some crazy person so I stayed in my car

I'm guessing that is sewers and drains and possibly gutters? If I'm wrong please correct me haha.

But yay I'm so excited, 🤞🏻 September titles are still on the table!

Great to see progress. And look at them go in the dark!

Cassie.f90

Thanks Cassie! I know I was so surprised haha. I was thinking oh dammit I can't get out and take a pic but then I thought well if their working this late then maybe stuff will get done on time!

How is yours going? Are you happy with the regional builders?

alexandraa
Cassie.f90

Thanks Cassie! I know I was so surprised haha. I was thinking oh dammit I can't get out and take a pic but then I thought well if their working this late then maybe stuff will get done on time!

How is yours going? Are you happy with the regional builders?

SUPER happy haha I honestly have had no problems at all. We have our kitchen going in this week so I'm so excited for that!

I'm also building the palisades as well! I'm so excited for everything to begin, but like you I'm still waiting for my land. Nice to see they're making progress with the land though!
EmEm
I'm also building the palisades as well! I'm so excited for everything to begin, but like you I'm still waiting for my land. Nice to see they're making progress with the land though!

You won’t be disappointed, we love ours

Hello everyone! It’s been quite a while since I’ve updated everyone - if you follow me on insta oursimondspalisade you can catch up there. It has been a nightmare so far! We’ve finally just had our titles lodged which we are expecting to receive some time this week. So frustrating since titles were meant to be last September but what can you do? We’ve received our loan and that’s been approved (also another nightmare) but we’re on the home stretch now! Will update you all with photos when we start. Didn’t just want to keep posting pictures of dirt haha
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum