Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Savannah 34 - We are in!

Page 7 of 13
LOVE the colour of your brick!

firejack018
The downpipes were partially installed and painted last week, and the scaffolding is now coming down. Can finally get a good look at the outside of the house.
Next up should be the remaining lower roof sections for both the front garage and rear open living area. Hopefully there'll be some more progress during the remainder of the week.

Wow those bricks look amazing!! Great choice!

tapasr_Lexia4
Looking oh so gorgeous now firejack

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
Land Deposit - 20.08.2016
Land Registered - 27.09.2016
Land Settlement - 07.11.2016
House Deposit - 27.11.2016
House Contracts - 16.02.2017
House Build Starts - 10.04.2017
Building with Beechwood Homes

Thanks Lex.

Yeah it's getting there. Looking forward to seeing how much of a difference it makes when the lower parts of the roof are completed.
Mrs_W

stayxtrue

Hey there cheers guys.

I wasn't keen on the Blackbutt bricks at first, but they've really grown on me during the build.
firejack018
Mrs_W

stayxtrue

Hey there cheers guys.

I wasn't keen on the Blackbutt bricks at first, but they've really grown on me during the build.

That's our bricks and I think they are so in..black is the new cream bricks of before lol

tapasr_Lexia4
That's our bricks and I think they are so in..black is the new cream bricks of before lol

Ha! I was showing my 70+ year old parents a pic of the house the other day, and they asked why we didn't choose cream-colored bricks.
Looks like they are preparing to install the roof trusses for the front garage.

Lower roof trusses installed at the front:

And at the rear:

They installed the lower-roof horizontal battens and guttering today. So the remaining roof blanket and colorbond roof panels should hopefully be completed by early next week. And it looks like some cable has been run for our Ring doorbell and alarm system's strobe light. Lock-up not far off.

firejack018
They installed the lower-roof horizontal battens and guttering today. So the remaining roof blanket and colorbond roof panels should hopefully be completed by early next week. And it looks like some cable has been run for our Ring doorbell and alarm system's strobe light. Lock-up not far off.

How are things going mate? It's been a while since you posted

deepugjacob
How are things going mate? It's been a while since you posted

Heya all good thanks.

Couple things have happened this week:
- They cleaned up a load of waste material from the front yard with a bobcat and dump truck.
- The remaining scaffolding was taken down.
- Stacker door frames were delivered.
- And then today a delivery of roof blanket and colorbond arrived ready for installation.

Will keep you posted.

After a little bit of drama during the week, the lower roof has finally been completed.
Just took these pics this evening so there wasn't much light. I'll take some better pics tomorrow.

firejack018
After a little bit of drama during the week, the lower roof has finally been completed.
Just took these pics this evening so there wasn't much light. I'll take some better pics tomorrow.

Looking great... what happened mate? What was the drama

deepugjacob
Looking great... what happened mate? What was the drama

Heya D.

I'm not entirely sure as yet, but the roof subcontractors had all week to get the roof finished.
Everything started out ok on Monday morning. But then the subcontractors inexplicably left the site with the job halfway done.

Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with no progress at all, even though the subcontractors had informed our SS that they'll be working on the roof during those days. So the roof blanket was left entirely at the mercy of the elements. Luckily it didn't rain at all here during that time. But heavy rain had been predicted for Thursday night.

Then the subcontractors finally turn up again on Thursday morning, and we're thinking that they'll surely finish the roof before the rain hits later. But they spend all of Thursday just working on the rear open-living section of lower roof.

By the end of Thursday they had completed the rear open-living section, but the front section over the garage was still without ridge capping. The subcontractors didn't cover it with a tarp or anything. They just finished up and left the site with the garage roof blanket still exposed.

So the rain hits and saturates the exposed garage roof blanket through the ridges. I called Bradford the next day to find out if that's a bad thing and they advised me that it is indeed a bad thing, and that as a result of getting very wet the blanket can shrink and also mould will probably form in the blanket later. I'm pretty annoyed that the subcontractors only came out Monday and Thursday to work on the roof when they had 4 full days of sunshine to get it done. I informed my SS that the subcontractors hadn't finished the roof, and he informs me that they should have finished Thursday and that he'll go out and take a look at it. I didn't hear anything back from my SS, but I'm pretty sure he revved the subcontractors up because they were out there first thing this morning (Saturday) finishing the garage roof.

I'll talk to my SS on Monday to find out what happened. I've also informed Houspect of what happened, and they advised that they will thoroughly inspect the garage roof blanket when they carry out their next inspection.
Oh no that's not really good. Your subcontractors is surely giving you done grief. Hope things will get better from here on

tapasr_Lexia4
Oh no that's not really good. Your subcontractors is surely giving you done grief. Hope things will get better from here on

Cheers Lex.

Spoke with our SS on Monday to get the guts on what took place. So it turns out after I spoke with him on Friday morning he visited the site to check it out for himself. He then contacted the roof subcontractors and informed them that they would be removing the colorbond over the garage and replacing the wet roof blanket. And he instructed them to provide a signed certificate for the disappointed customer stating that they had indeed replaced the wet roof blanket with new roof blanket for our peace-of-mind. Man I love this guy!

In other news, Houspect carried out their pre-lining inspection today. Should have the results back by Friday.
Hopefully everything is AOK and we can proceed to Lock Up stage.

Looking great firejack. It seemed not long ago I still remember looking at your pics and that you were about to knock down and have a look at it...the transformation is amazing...Loooove it. Not long now

Good news about the blanket!
tapasr_Lexia4
Looking great firejack. It seemed not long ago I still remember looking at your pics and that you were about to knock down and have a look at it...the transformation is amazing...Loooove it. Not long now

I know right!?!? I can't believe it's been nearly 7 months already.

However, it seems time is dragging it's feet now though. Haha.
Thanks yet again Lex!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum