Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 7 of 147
Deejay bought heaps of stuff from them and they are holding it until she moves in

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oooh, I wonder how long they hold things for. I'd like to purchase my white goods and put them on hold.. one less thing to worry about.
aloenyx
Oooh, I wonder how long they hold things for. I'd like to purchase my white goods and put them on hold.. one less thing to worry about.

That sounds amazing! Definitely going to look into that! I want to buy stuff now but nowhere to store.
Yeah, I am worried by the time the house is done I won't have the funds.. but if I just buy now.. then its one less thing on my mind.
My colleague bought stuff from that website. He said it s a reliable site. I normally go for the good guys. Yup, there is a lot to pay off when your house is ready.

Good guys is my other option, if I buy everything at once in cash maybe they will give me a discount

Cap, I'm dying to know what you saw on my block since I didn't make it down there
We are all dying to know what Cap saw!!

I think Dee said she called appliances online and asked if they could better then the online price and they did and gave her a discount off the already discounted appliances. I would like to buy from them but not sure if they ship up to where I am

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Sounds like I should give them a call
Might wait till just before Christmas though.
So kitty has been somewhat renamed again, finally settled on Cassidy
She's settled in very well, the puppy loves her.
OMG! While post on a fellow H1ers thread I just had an UH HUH moment.

So my slab is down... which means that no rock was found on my site. Booyah!! No additional rock removal fees for me

This was something that was stressing me out majorly a few months ago as my soil test was inconclusive and a rock clause was added to my contract, I was looking at 6k+ plus if they found rocks on site.

Ooh, nice to know that turned out to be an unfounded issue. Actually now the slab is down, my fears about dumping on my site, resurveying the block AND finding rocks are all over. Yay.
[quote="aloenyx"]Good guys is my other option, if I buy everything at once in cash maybe they will give me a discount

Cap, I'm dying to know what you saw on my block since I didn't make it down there
/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you but Good Guys is not doing it anymore and even they removed the slogan "Pay less! pay cash!" from their ads... but the good old negotiation skill always works...

bring on the pics
charlibear
We are all dying to know what Cap saw!!

I think Dee said she called appliances online and asked if they could better then the online price and they did and gave her a discount off the already discounted appliances. I would like to buy from them but not sure if they ship up to where I am

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I didn't want to spoil the surprise for Dawn. She would be over the moon seeing it. ...hint.. what comes after slab???

I'm thinking the jacuzzi must of gone in
P

Surely they can't be putting up frames yet, don't they have to wait for the slab to dry? XD
aloenyx
I'm thinking the jacuzzi must of gone in
P

Surely they can't be putting up frames yet, don't they have to wait for the slab to dry? XD

No need to Dawn...The slab will get the sunlight till lock-up..that's lot of time...
Well I'm sure the builder knows what he's doing, so if the frame is going up...whooohooo!!! I will definitely have to make my way down there this weekend to see the progress..
How exciting for you Dawn!! You must get to your block to check out the bones of your new home

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Will do! I wish I didn't live so far away/work even further away so I could sneak down mid week. But will have to be Saturday at the earliest.
Bingo! I couldn't believe myself too when I drove passed. He is probably speeding up things for you.

Not complaining here!! Eee, wish I could go down there today!!! I can't wait to see it all..

I have a feeling though it is going to go really quick, then come to a halt.. then pick up again XD.. though quick is good, as there is not enough room in this house. I've got two rabbits (in a cage) and a cat living in my 3x2.9m bedroom.. and a puppy who likes to visit. Puppy has gotten very big! She's 6 months old now.

I have a cat scratcher and a giant rabbit cage on the floor.. there's like... 30x30cm left of floor space left.. I'm forever tripping over things. xDDD On top of that under the bed and the closet are both stacked with boxes of kitchenware, etc for the house. Can't wait to have a whole house to myself. I need breathing room!
So much going on.. you might need a baby sitter

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum