Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Build with Henley ( Palace Q1)

Page 7 of 25
Ok so update on the balustrade!! It can't and will not be moved to the other wall as per updated compliance 2014. The balustrade must be continuous on the same side ( only when there are no landings). The Palace has a continuous almost spiral like staircase were no landings between stairs! So for those who are building the Palace there's no way of changing it.

Hi mclaren77, how is it the balustrade is on other side in display home? Was it built before 2014?

spice girl
Hi mclaren77, how is it the balustrade is on other side in display home? Was it built before 2014?

That's right Spice Girl, the display home was built before 2014. I'm a little disappointed but it is was it is at the end of the day. We have decided to change the stain of the balustrade though because of it. Either the painter will do the staining with our own selected colour not through Henley or we will organise it after handover. What colour did you decide on for your timber balustrade Spice Girl? Henley's darkest stain isn't dark enough for our colour scheme. We are doing grey's, whites and dark timber

We are going with rich chocolate, the darkest one. It will be the same as the timber hardwood stairs as we have no carpet flooring. Upstairs will be timber laminated flooring Amstel, a dark brown. Downstairs open areas are marble porcelain tile, it looks like a warm cream colour.

spice girl
We are going with rich chocolate, the darkest one. It will be the same as the timber hardwood stairs as we have no carpet flooring. Upstairs will be timber laminated flooring Amstel, a dark brown. Downstairs open areas are marble porcelain tile, it looks like a warm cream colour.

We got Henley's darkest stain when we did our colour selection back in March and it wasn't very dark, more like a chestnut colour! Maybe they have more of a range now! You don't happen to have a pic of the stain colour do you Spice Girl? We are also doing porcelain, can't wait to see how they will look in the large entrance hall

Mclaren77
spice girl

We got Henley's darkest stain when we did our colour selection back in March and it wasn't very dark, more like a chestnut colour! Maybe they have more of a range now! You don't happen to have a pic of the stain colour do you Spice Girl? We are also doing porcelain, can't wait to see how they will look in the large entrance hall

Top photo includes timber stain called Rich Chocolate " , sadly I didn't take a photo of how it looks on a balustrade, but it is available in cosham.

Here's a pic of the stain but would like a much darker stain if Henley has one available.

The stain in my top photo does seem to look darker. You could ask your Admin about it?

Thank you!! Yes your stain does look darker. I shall ask

Front door is on

Brick Layers started the front too! The three front features piers will be rendered.

Mclaren77
Front door is on

LOVE LOVE LOVE this door what are the demensions of this one as we are getting the same one ibn 1200 x 2340 I am assuming this one is the same?
stayxtrue
Mclaren77
Front door is on

LOVE LOVE LOVE this door what are the demensions of this one as we are getting the same one ibn 1200 x 2340 I am assuming this one is the same?

Yes it sure is 2340x 1200. Love the door too! Can't wait to see it stained

It is such a good looking door and well worth the extra $$$$'s it is one of our non-negotiables! there is just something about having a pivot door! It makes it feel a lot more grand!
How much in extras did you end up adding to your house? Ours is already up towards the 70k mark! that isnt including flooring! We are doing this after hand over
stayxtrue
How much in extras did you end up adding to your house? Ours is already up towards the 70k mark! that isnt including flooring! We are doing this after hand over

Well I think we did ok, 65k from the base price being $287000. We were really happy with the plan of the house and didn't do any structural changes except extend width of garage. We are doing carpet upstairs and tiling to flooring only downstairs after handover. We've been quoted for porcelain tiles $3500 ( no labour, our friend will help us with this, as he is a tiler) and carpet $8800 supplied and fitted with premium underlay. Our cousin is a concreter which will help us with driveway etc and my husband has done all of our CCTV and data cabling! We are fortunate as we've helped a lot of people with their builds and now they are happy to return the favour! We will also do cooling after handover through another friend. I do suggest anyone needing carpet or tiles to go through Western Distributors in Melbourne! They have a great range at great prices.

The door is a statement for the entrance so that was a non negotiable item! Looks greet from inside too

Mclaren77
The door is a statement for the entrance so that was a non negotiable item! Looks greet from inside too

Love your door!!
PEARZ
Mclaren77

Love your door!!

Thnx PEARZ

Mclaren77
stayxtrue

Well I think we did ok, 65k from the base price being $287000. We were really happy with the plan of the house and didn't do any structural changes except extend width of garage. We are doing carpet upstairs and tiling to flooring only downstairs after handover. We've been quoted for porcelain tiles $3500 ( no labour, our friend will help us with this, as he is a tiler) and carpet $8800 supplied and fitted with premium underlay. Our cousin is a concreter which will help us with driveway etc and my husband has done all of our CCTV and data cabling! We are fortunate as we've helped a lot of people with their builds and now they are happy to return the favour! We will also do cooling after handover through another friend. I do suggest anyone needing carpet or tiles to go through Western Distributors in Melbourne! They have a great range at great prices.

Oh wow the base price of the house has gone up a fair bit then! When did you sign up for it? I suppose the other question is were your site costs reasonable?

I am hoping henley allow me to lay all of my ethernet cabling as well, how did you go about organizing this with your SS
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum