Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thinking of of building with M3tricon? Look elsewhere!!!!

Page 7 of 8
exactly what we will be doing in the next week or two.

For Jo's sake we did get pricing which was wrong or M tried to up the price. They were to go back and revisit those prices and get bckl to us with final prices 2 weeks ago.

The output from that would then flow into the PC.

hope that clarifies.

But as M are playing the "no contact" game all bets are now off. End of the day we have only outlayed $1500 for soil and contour report which we own so we have lost nothing, M on the other hand have already incurred significant labour costs to get us to where we are now so I am astounded that are playing this petulant game. It makes no sense to me.

Obviously they do not want our business and I sould suggest that anoby considering M should really re-evaluate and do due dligence.

M as you are no doubt going through these threads I would suggest you need to look carefully at how you are dealing with customers because word does spread.
Peter_OZ
exactly what we will be doing in the next week or two.

For Jo's sake we did get pricing which was wrong or M tried to up the price. They were to go back and revisit those prices and get bckl to us with final prices 2 weeks ago.

The output from that would then flow into the PC.

hope that clarifies.

But as M are playing the "no contact" game all bets are now off. End of the day we have only outlayed $1500 for soil and contour report which we own so we have lost nothing, M on the other hand have already incurred significant labour costs to get us to where we are now so I am astounded that are playing this petulant game. It makes no sense to me.

Obviously they do not want our business and I sould suggest that anoby considering M should really re-evaluate and do due dligence.

M as you are no doubt going through these threads I would suggest you need to look carefully at how you are dealing with customers because word does spread.

Hey Peter, you made the right decision parting ways with them. There are far better builders out there, its just a shame you have lost some valuable time.

And yes M the word does spread.....
Sorry for all your hassles with M.

We are progressing towards FC with Metricon in Vic at the moment but some of the alterations are way overpriced and we will have to chop some out to get back to budget.

Dale.
I would recommend to everyone thinking about building with M3tricon to look elsewhere.

I am totally disgusted.
Time to move on I think Peter........
House-To-Be
Time to move on I think Peter........

uhuh
Quote:
I would recommend to everyone thinking about building with M3tricon to look elsewhere.

I reckon they are pretty good here in VIC...
VJ
Quote:

I reckon they are pretty good here in VIC...

Well I can only relate to my experince of them up here and it sucks. Absolutely dreadful.

Worst experience of my life to be perfectly honest.
Yep same here VJ. I had one bad day when I had a bit of a meltdown and questioned things, but overall really happy.
They've accommodated everything we wanted at comparable prices. I've treated them with respect (no tanties) and had reasonable expectations and it's been pretty smooth.
Very happy at this stage.
again

Well I can only relate to my experince of them up here and it sucks. Absolutely dreadful.

Worst experience of my life to be perfectly honest.
Peter,

I completely understand you.
If it happened to us, we would have walked away already.

No builder is perfect.. all I can say is, based on our experience, M has been pretty good so far...
yes, we had some issues before, but they were all fixed to our satisfaction.

Good luck Peter.. hope you find a better builder.
You're paying hard-earned money.. so you should get what you will pay for.
Pick any builder and you will hear equal share horror stories with dream stories. I've heard just as many horror stories from M as I have from H3nley , PD and all the rest. It seems some times you just get lucky, and some times you don't. But as has been said, there seems to be quite a bit of variation between states.... so perhaps M in Vic is a different kettle of fish than in other states? Dunno!
why don't you try ownit homes

http://www.ownithomes.com.au/

We currently building with them, they have very good design and inclusion as well as flexiable to change things around to suit your need. Call Ken 0438 077 112 and he is our consultant - very helpful and allow us to make changes to the plan with minimum fuss.

We are building Seabreeze Outlook Entertainer with ownit homes - two storey.

Good Luck!

Bei
I think all big builders are the same, it's how you handle the situations you're in. I'm in talks with M and they aren't the best, but who is!

Good luck Peter.
been a while since I posted and a lot has occured during the period.

M kept running us in circles and we got sick of the game so cancelled it.

I'm in a new job which is good though very stressful.

Oh and wife and I have split up.

so obvioulsy not building now. Land is on the market and 8 years and lots of dreams are now flushed down the toilet.
Peter_OZ
Oh and wife and I have split up.

Seems to be a lot of that going on lately
yup and as the financial crisis and more of lifes pressures build up there will be a lot more.
Peter_OZ
yup and as the financial crisis and more of lifes pressures build up there will be a lot more.

Well I can say for me, it had nothing to do with the financial crisis or life’s pressures.
Michelle
Peter_OZ

Well I can say for me, it had nothing to do with the financial crisis or life’s pressures.

oh god not you too?
So sorry Peter_OZ
Had wondered where you'd gone. No posts for a long while.

All I can say is that I hope your life gets back on track very soon !
Related
18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

1/03/2024
Polytec timber look galleries

General Discussion

Interested in getting either the Polytec Boston Oak or Palace Peak for kitchen cabinets. Looking at the Boston Oak ones, it appears that the colour varies significantly…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum