Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Better Built Homes

Page 7 of 7
Hi Annu, i have started a new topic entitled "our better built home journey" feel free to follow. I have put up our plans and will gradually add more details about our build over the coming days.
Few photos after moved in. Landscaping, blinds still pending. Still waiting for Telstra broad band connection.....

Hi Mansawant,

That really awesome, congrats on your new home, wish you have a good time

Thanks again sharing with us your dream home and your experience.

Cheers
krusade25
Hi Annu, i have started a new topic entitled "our better built home journey" feel free to follow. I have put up our plans and will gradually add more details about our build over the coming days.

Z

Hi krusade25, I cant find the topic, please forward me link

Cheers
Annu
Hi Annu. I think i finally worked out how to link the post after all this time. Fingers crossed. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Our Better built Home Journey

Hi everyone. For some reason the thread that I started on my iPad could not be found by anyone which is highly annoying. Not sure if it was a problem with tapatalk but I started a new thread with the same content regarding our personal better build journey.

Hopefully one of these links works:

Our Better Built Home Journey

Our Better Built Homes Journey

Thanks for your support everyone. Hope you are all doing well. Also I hope you are settling in well Mansawant!
Hi everyone!

Just to let you know today is our slab PARTAY! Check out our photos on our better built home journey thread!

Hope you are all doing well!
Hi I am researching for builder and came across this thread.

How's your experience with Better Built Homes in general? Price vs quality?

THank you!
From my experience, they have given excellent customer service and have done what they said they would when they said they would and if that wasn't possible their communication has been very good. I have found that they are not the cheapest builder, however they are definitely reasonably priced and their variations are realistic and not overinflated.

I have started a mini post regarding our personal journey so feel free to follow and see how they handle our building journey.

All the best with your decision. Such a huge decision choosing a builder and definitely not one to be taken lightly.
Hi everyone. Just checking in with mansawant. Just wondering if you are happy with BBHs after sales service? I hope you are settling in well in your new house!
krusade25
Hi everyone. Just checking in with mansawant. Just wondering if you are happy with BBHs after sales service? I hope you are settling in well in your new house!

Getting close to 3 months. They have asked to send the list after 3 months. There are few things pending but as they said they will deal with them after 3 months. But would like to mention that they have rectified few issues immediately (e.g. plumbing and fibre cable for NBN).

mansawant
krusade25

Getting close to 3 months. They have asked to send the list after 3 months. There are few things pending but as they said they will deal with them after 3 months. But would like to mention that they have rectified few issues immediately (e.g. plumbing and fibre cable for NBN).

Great to know that they have done the important things regardless of the 3 month waiting period. Also glad to hear that 3 months on they are still in communication with you! All the best mansawant! Great to hear from you!
I have a question to the other folks building with Better Built Home.
We accepted our tender on 20th April followed by plan presentation on 6th June. We were not informed about their requirements of Landscape plan from a certified planner on the plan presentation day and neither they confirmed us the time they will take us to file our DA. After 1 week I was a bit puzzled when I received no communication and only when we rang their customer experience we learnt they are sitting on it since we have not submitted landscape plan. We have now sent them a manually drawn plan and they are saying they will take 4-5 weeks minimum from now to be ready for DA. Also they have communicated us that council still may need a formal landscaping plan. It is Hornsby council and their town planner has advised us that they are happy with a indicative plan. However they have not given us anything in written so far.
How long are taking for DA approval preparation? Any unwarranted delays?
Were your required to submit a formal landscape plan by architect?

Seems like the experience with BBH is diluting to that of the BIG builders.
krusade25

Sent the list couple of weeks ago but still waiting for someone to come and look at the issues.
Sent reminder email to construction manager who is the co-owner on 2nd August and was expecting response but nope nothing.

It seems they are busy building new houses and don't have time to look at the houses they handed over.

Will update you guys....
Looking good Krusade. After 16 weeks in Liverpool council we have finally heard that we should be getting approval next week!
We are aiming for Christmas 2018

mathewfrost
Looking good Krusade. After 16 weeks in Liverpool council we have finally heard that we should be getting approval next week!
We are aiming for Christmas 2018

Great news about council approval! 16 weeks is horrendous! Hopefully the build for you is not as drawn out and hopefully you are in way before christmas 2018!

Related
26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

7/05/2024
Which 90cm rangehood is better

Building A New House

Canopy and Undermount are best, and need to be ducted externally. Which one you go with will be largely determined by your design and joinery choices. What you should be…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum