Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Palace q1 Henley

Page 7 of 8

Not sure if this worked, supposed to be photo of our ground floorplan

lliigg
stayxtrue
We just did a few structural changes and made the kitchen far better!! We moved the fridge into the butlers and turned the whole wall into cupboards and a breakfast bar!! We are super happy about the change

Absolutely Love the idea of the fridge in the pantry. Our build has been sent from the admin team to construction team already does anyone know if we still can ask for a structural change?

I guess you can try, but it may cost you a variation fee and what ever the cost of the changes would be.. We just felt that the fridge was in an extremely awkward spot
stayxtrue
lliigg
Absolutely Love the idea of the fridge in the pantry.

We just felt that the fridge was in an extremely awkward spot

Have you deleted the door from Kitchen to pantry, or does that arrow indicate a slider? I wouldn't have thought the cavity would be big enough for a slider? I assume you have not kept the standard door, as it would open across your fridge cavity?
vigintitres
stayxtrue
lliigg
Absolutely Love the idea of the fridge in the pantry.

We just felt that the fridge was in an extremely awkward spot

Have you deleted the door from Kitchen to pantry, or does that arrow indicate a slider? I wouldn't have thought the cavity would be big enough for a slider? I assume you have not kept the standard door, as it would open across your fridge cavity?

You are correct we are going to have a sliding door, the fridspace ends up being well over 1 metre wide, so we can always build a bit more of a cavity to have the sliding door, we are still wiating for the variation costs though hoping it doesnt cost too much, but flipping the bench and having a full wall of pantry is definitely going to provide a lot more storage
stayxtrue
We just did a few structural changes and made the kitchen far better!! We moved the fridge into the butlers and turned the whole wall into cupboards and a breakfast bar!! We are super happy about the change

I like what you've done here but I've noticed the heating return vent is usually located on the wall in kitchen where you have added cupboard space. So if cupboards are going there, then where would the heating return vent be re located too? Hopefully not in an obvious place?

Mclaren77
stayxtrue

I like what you've done here but I've noticed the heating return vent is usually located on the wall in kitchen where you have added cupboard space. So if cupboards are going there, then where would the heating return vent be re located too? Hopefully not in an obvious place?

Well that's one thing I didn't pick up!! If anything that fridge space is extremely deep!! So I would hopefully try and get it within that space
or we have to find another way to get it to work

I just checked and we should be fine as we have actually extended the cabinets out, so we have lost a bit of floor space, but I think it will be worth it in the long run

stayxtrue
I just checked and we should be fine as we have actually extended the cabinets out, so we have lost a bit of floor space, but I think it will be worth it in the long run

Hopefully they can do that for you! It's not the nicest thing to look at but it required.

Well are starting to have second thoughts about the wall of cabinets, so we may still keep the bench the other way around and then we will keep the fridge where it originally was,
stayxtrue
Well are starting to have second thoughts about the wall of cabinets, so we may still keep the bench the other way around and then we will keep the fridge where it originally was,

Having bench other way round would make the family area feel larger?

Mclaren77
stayxtrue

Well thats the theory, we found that the space between the bench and the dining room was a bit of a wasted space, I think it would work better flipped, Plus the space between the end of the bench and the fridge seemed extremely awkward
stayxtrue
Mclaren77
stayxtrue

Well thats the theory, we found that the space between the bench and the dining room was a bit of a wasted space, I think it would work better flipped, Plus the space between the end of the bench and the fridge seemed extremely awkward

It would look nice! I know some Metricon builds have the island bench flipped and it does look good.

Mclaren77
stayxtrue

It would look nice! I know some Metricon builds have the island bench flipped and it does look good.

We have had all of the variations approved, we are just waiting to hear back on the costing of it all which should be coming through today! Fingers crossed
Great news!

It is, just a little bit scared of the cost, OUr sales Person thinks that the store room might be what costs us the money!
Think about the long term benefit, plus cost is spread out over 30 years with low interest, plus would be more costly if tried to do it later as a reno. That's how I've gotten through accepting all our costs, hopefully bank will be on my side.

spice girl
Think about the long term benefit, plus cost is spread out over 30 years with low interest, plus would be more costly if tried to do it later as a reno. That's how I've gotten through accepting all our costs, hopefully bank will be on my side.

Well this is true! But how long at these low interest rates going to be around for, I would hate to over extend myself!
Agree. I will be trying to pay it off as quick as possible.

stayxtrue
Mclaren77

Well that's one thing I didn't pick up!! If anything that fridge space is extremely deep!! So I would hopefully try and get it within that space
or we have to find another way to get it to work

In one of the palace display homes the return vent is actually next to the entry door to the laundry.
I have just requested mine to be move there pending cost.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum