Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Mainvue Aegean430 - 45sq in Berwick Waters

Page 7 of 15
Aegean430
It was done at tender as that's when preliminary drawings are done. That's a bit weird that its at the front only, honestly I would be fine with it flush at the back, but wouldn't that then shorten the length of the garage?

This option was never discussed, it was either flush front & back or set back front & back.

Our MainVue Aegean 430
I was not given any option as developer requirement is to have front set back and Henley did a flat at the back and in result my stairway window changed from 1200x2700 to 600x2700.
To make things worst, I was not told nor informed at tender nor contract. Now the house is constructed and Henley just said that they have build according to what I've signed.

vintay68
Aegean430
It was done at tender as that's when preliminary drawings are done. That's a bit weird that its at the front only, honestly I would be fine with it flush at the back, but wouldn't that then shorten the length of the garage?

This option was never discussed, it was either flush front & back or set back front & back.

Our MainVue Aegean 430
I was not given any option as developer requirement is to have front set back and Henley did a flat at the back and in result my stairway window changed from 1200x2700 to 600x2700.
To make things worst, I was not told nor informed at tender nor contract. Now the house is constructed and Henley just said that they have build according to what I've signed.

But how is it based on what you've signed if they've never told you? Perhaps ask for the paperwork stating this with your signature on it (PCV or whatever).

Our MainVue Aegean 430
Aegean430
vintay68
Aegean430

Our MainVue Aegean 430

But how is it based on what you've signed if they've never told you? Perhaps ask for the paperwork stating this with your signature on it (PCV or whatever).

Our MainVue Aegean 430
No PCV or paperwork.
I was told that I've checked the drawings and signed. Henley just build according to what I've signed.
I'm so upset when I say the window and the reply from the admin manager

vintay68
Aegean430
vintay68
[quote="Aegean430"]It was done at tender as that's when preliminary drawings are done. That's a bit weird that its at the front only, honestly I would be fine with it flush at the back, but wouldn't that then shorten the length of the garage?

Our MainVue Aegean 430

Our MainVue Aegean 430
No PCV or paperwork.
I was told that I've checked the drawings and signed. Henley just build according to what I've signed.

[/quote]

So you've signed the drawings with these amendments on them? If so not sure there's much you can do about it. If you haven't signed off then I would take it further.

Our MainVue Aegean 430
Aegean430
vintay68
Aegean430
[quote="vintay68"][quote="Aegean430"]It was done at tender as that's when preliminary drawings are done. That's a bit weird that its at the front only, honestly I would be fine with it flush at the back, but wouldn't that then shorten the length of the garage?

Our MainVue Aegean 430

Our MainVue Aegean 430
No PCV or paperwork.

[/quote]

So you've signed the drawings with these amendments on them? If so not sure there's much you can do about it. If you haven't signed off then I would take it further.

Our MainVue Aegean 430
[/quote]Yes all sign but was not informed about the window size changed.

Ok, so building permit is in ✔️

The tail end of this admin process is hell! We were told we'd be on site by mid, then end August, it's now September so who knows?

It seems that whenever I ask a question, it has to get sent off to some other area and it takes a week to get an answer! I questioned the cost of added insulation to bring our energy rating back up to 6, and they came back saying that only some of it is required now as the house next door is a single and affects our rating positively.

While this sounds like a good thing, it annoyed me bc Henley are building that house too and they've known that all along (I'm in contact with my neighbour and they had site scrape yesterday) so this isn't new information, and if I didn't question it I'm sure they wouldn't have said anything. It's also delayed the process and my admin said something about having to resubmit or amend the building permit.

I've called my admin twice this week to discuss where we're at and all she does is email me an update on one thing and doesn't call. She has been so good for 8 months now, couldn't fault her, but it seems that since I gave her a good review when service excellence called, she doesn't care anymore...

I thought she'd want to wrap this up to get rid of me! Lol.

So I've just been shopping up a storm while I wait, layby'd dining chairs, bought lights for the outside pillars, prints for the girls' rooms, have a quote I think we're going to go with for the theatre setup and are trying to narrow down fabric colours for the couches for the theatre and family room downstairs.

Dining chairs - trying unsuccessfully to find kitchen bar stools that match...

Pillar lights for the facade.

Hopefully will have some news of progression to construction soon

Our MainVue Aegean 430
Hi A430

Why were your site costs at $14000. what was the soil class
pEast
Hi A430

Why were your site costs at $14000. what was the soil class

Hi pEast,

The site costs are:

Certainty fixed site costs - $8,599
Council and OH&S - $2,475
South East Water - $3,204
Extend slab to alfresco - $233
Opticom - $1,937

Total actually $16,448

Soil report is "P" problem & "H2" highly reactive.

Hope this helps.

Our MainVue Aegean 430
same for us

Certainty fixed site costs - $9600
Council and OH&S - $2,475
South East Water - $3,204
Survey- 800
Opticom - $1,937

Total actually $18,000
Thanks for the info A430 and bhutani

Now, I will look at how my site cost break up is cos all I can see is capped at 13700 and if less then credited back. Probably getting soil report within a week or so.
WEEK 1, Day 2...

Ok we're off and running!...
Site scrape done today & portaloo & bin delivered.

Happy to see some movement finally!

First pic is pre start.

Then pics from today.

Our MainVue Aegean 430
Aegean430
WEEK 1, Day 2...

Ok we're off and running!...
Site scrape done today & portaloo & bin delivered.

Happy to see some movement finally!

First pic is pre start.

Then pics from today.

Our MainVue Aegean 430

A couple of sunny weeks and ur frames should be up. Exciting times for u coming up.
Thanks pEast, yes fingers crossed the rain holds off, slab pour loosely scheduled for next Friday 🤞🏼

Our MainVue Aegean 430
WEEK 1, Day 3...

Temp fence, banner and site set out

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
WEEK 1, Day 3...

Temp fence, banner and site set out

Our Henley Aegean45

Woohoo, love the reserve banner can't wait till we have ours. Now the days are getting longer and warmer it's the perfect time to build.
Really looking forward to watching your house go up.

Thanks FTH,

Me too! It's still a bit surreal... Once the slab is down, will give us a bit of a feel for the size of downstairs, back & side yard size etc. How are you travelling?

Our Henley Aegean45
T

Our Henley Aegean45
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83375
Aegean430
Thanks FTH,

Me too! It's still a bit surreal... Once the slab is down, will give us a bit of a feel for the size of downstairs, back & side yard size etc. How are you travelling?

Our Henley Aegean45

We're still plodding along, contract signed and waiting for developer approval.
Our admin has been trying to push things along as quickly as possible (maybe she's sick of us already).
So jelly you're at construction but it's great watching another Aegean go up, there's a few in homeone and on Facebook building it.

Aegean430

The tail end of this admin process is hell! We were told we'd be on site by mid, then end August, it's now September so who knows?

It seems that whenever I ask a question, it has to get sent off to some other area and it takes a week to get an answer! I questioned the cost of added insulation to bring our energy rating back up to 6, and they came back saying that only some of it is required now as the house next door is a single and affects our rating positively.

While this sounds like a good thing, it annoyed me bc Henley are building that house too and they've known that all along (I'm in contact with my neighbour and they had site scrape yesterday) so this isn't new information, and if I didn't question it I'm sure they wouldn't have said anything. It's also delayed the process and my admin said something about having to resubmit or amend the building permit.

I've called my admin twice this week to discuss where we're at and all she does is email me an update on one thing and doesn't call. She has been so good for 8 months now, couldn't fault her, but it seems that since I gave her a good review when service excellence called, she doesn't care anymore...

So I've just been shopping up a storm while I wait, layby'd dining chairs, bought lights for the outside pillars, prints for the girls' rooms, have a quote I think we're going to go with for the theatre setup and are trying to narrow down fabric colours for the couches for the theatre and family room downstairs.

Our MainVue Aegean 430

Nice choices.
Can I please ask where you purchased your outdoor pilar lights from please?

kerryandjen
Aegean430

Our MainVue Aegean 430

Nice choices.
Can I please ask where you purchased your outdoor pilar lights from please?

These are called "Southampton" lights from Beacon

Our Henley Aegean45
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum