Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

B & D's First build with HGWA

Page 7 of 17
Finance application in & got our final working drawings, we were all excited to be ready to go.... And there's mistakes.
So annoying that they can still miss things that we have signed variations of to be amended & things listed in our prestart costs that are missing.

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334
How frustrating Dee13. Hope it gets sorted asap.

Stilettos & Bricks, our Building Journey blog - http://stilettosbricks.com
Our Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85183
Hi Dee13

I'm your neighbour, we have lot 441. Think we meet briefly when blocks where first released ??

Also building with hgwa your design looks fantastic

We are at scheduling stage so should have slab within the next few weeks fingers crossed ?
Been a good experience with hgwa so far they are a little slow with paperwork but knew that and
as long as we get a good build I'll be happy ?
Hi Hally72, my partner and I were just talking about you the other day! We were wondering how you guys were going
We've had the odd little hiccup with drawings, but overall Homegroup have been really great. They've been awesome about fixing things & nothing has been too much trouble .

We are in scheduling too, so it looks like we will have slabs at the same time !

What design did you end up choosing? Have you seen how fast the one across the street has gone up?

Follow our HGWA build in Baldivis @ viewtopic.php?t=83352&f=31&p=1604334#p1604334
Great to hear back from you

Love your design and choices looks amazing ?

We are building the Bellevue but made some changes it's an older design we seen a couple years ago. We had a couple of extra issues as our garage wall is close to the retaining wall just ment more costs.
They have said slab should be down in December, have that said the same too you ? They are probably planning too do both of ours together.
Across the road has been super quick I'm hoping for a 6 month build if no hiccups ??
Super excited now, bring on the moving in drinks ??
I'll post my plans
We had to change our finance (we did it all backwards got pre approval, then did all the planning, prestart & then finalized the mortgage) so that will all be finished in the next few days, but we already have our building permit, so they've said normally 4 wks after finance, but should be quicker because everything is pretty much ready to go, so hoping December too

Can't wait to see everything come together now, looking forward to seeing yours too
what color scheme have you gone for? I remember looking at the Bellevue, it's an awesome design! The facade is lovely

Sounds like once your finance is complete it be ready to go, we have building permit too so wont be long now

we have changed a few things on design, I cant upload a pic of plans not sure why
what am I doing wrong ?

We have gone for creams/light browns and taupes, very different to what I'm used too normally go for black and white.
Do you use the tapatalk app? I can only upload pics on that, the computer was way too hard lol

dee13
Do you use the tapatalk app? I can only upload pics on that, the computer was way too hard lol

Yay uploaded
, made a few changes to original plans.
I haven't got any pictures of colours etc Steve has them on his email I will get them
These plans don't show the gardens we haven't got much to back but some to side. We didn't want much gardens as we have teenagers and a little old dog who doesn't walk much

Finally sorted approval for our loan! Long story short ANZ are such a pain...We put in our application for our build with window fittings (we were told they had to be in there to get approval, but originally wanted to pay cash for them) they came back and said we had to take them out, and each time anything is changed its a 9 business day turnaround
. So we've waited nearly a month, only for them to come back with full approval, with the blinds included and they've added an extra $140000 into our loan?? Lol we'll sort the final total out this week (our finance broker and her team have been amazing taking care of it all) But at least Homegroup will be able to book everything now, they've been so patient & helpful & because we already had pre approval, it hasn't held anything up & HG have building permits and everything in place ready to go, so hopefully should be good to start in a few weeks

Oh and anyone one in Perth looking for great prices on window treatments, check out Perth Window Decor. I work in Purchasing, so I'm really fussy about quotations & getting heaps of them lol. I saw their page on Instagram & thought they would be way too expensive, as they do a lot of display homes, but loved her sheers so I gave her a call. I got quotes from 6 other places & she beat them all by at least $150 in every room & sheers were a huge amount cheaper. I've managed to upgrade and add in some shutters & saved thousands

WOOHOO for sorting finance.

Our window treatments will have to wait awhile.

Yay how exciting Dee !! Not long for the slab
Fingers crossed, all this waiting gives me too much time to think and second guess my choices haha!

[quote="spuddles76"]WOOHOO for sorting finance.

[/quote

Lol yep I'm thinking tin foil is looking like a good option right about now
I seen your temp blinds on Instagram, such a good idea, they look awesome & I love your paint choice as well
Has anyone upgraded their air con to Daiken?

dee13
spuddles76
WOOHOO for sorting finance.

[/quote

Lol yep I'm thinking tin foil is looking like a good option right about now
I seen your temp blinds on Instagram, such a good idea, they look awesome & I love your paint choice as well
Don't put foil on your windows, it ruins them.

We upgraded to Daikin by the advice from my bro in law (he's a fridgie). Well worth it.

Only kidding
I'd never do that, its my biggest pet peeve on new houses lol Was it very pricey to upgrade? Just trying to be prepared

[quote="Hally72"]Yay uploaded
, made a few changes to original plans.
I haven't got any pictures of colours etc Steve has them on his email I will get them
These plans don't show the gardens we haven't got much to back but some to side. We didn't want much gardens as we have teenagers and a little old dog who doesn't walk much

I went for a drive today & seen that you guys have had your reo delivered! You must be so excited!
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum