Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Longreach 33 - Clarence Town

Page 7 of 8
Ryalls_first_build
I've been wondering how youve been going... Good to hear your so close to the end!!!

Are you happy with everything so far?

We are, it's just the lack of communication that's a little frustrating for us.
As for the colours and styles we chose - we are really happy with how it's coming together. (Good luck over good management)

It looks huge, love your plan

View topic
Hahah nice!

I seriously dont understand project builders, Coral in particular .. So obviously they don't have their own tradesmen so we are paying them literally to project manage our build and lets face it they are sh!t at organising trades and communication.. How do these companies survive if the lack in both of these areas??

What a beautiful home
. And i have never seen a water tank that big before!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

Loooove your bathrooms.

Oh it really does look lovely!!!

I love the shower and the kitchen splashback

vonsta76
What a beautiful home
. And i have never seen a water tank that big before!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

LOL-there were 2 tanks bigger than that one, but yea it's a unit alright!

Gorgeous!
I really hope they pull their socks up and get through the next couple of weeks with everything perfect for your handover. You're right, communication is terrible. For a company that is apparently trying to 'be better' they don't seem to be addressing that bit.

Anyhow, it's all come together nicely and hopefully after a little break from HomeOne you're feeling better and excited about handover

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Looks so big and spacious!! So close now

Love love the bathrooms and I still adore the Raven bench top

That tank is massive and you have 2 bigger ones?
that's a lot of water. What colour is your tank? I think you I remember you mentioned it was basalt somewhere before?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Hello again,

Not good that the builders appear to be running over time. I agree the timeframe is tight for them to complete all the necessary work for PCI. Fingers crossed it all gets done.

Once this rain gives up we will be up to mow/hay bale depending on how well it has grown lol.
charlibear

that's a lot of water. What colour is your tank? I think you I remember you mentioned it was basalt somewhere before?

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Lol - no we only have the 1 tank. I was just saying there were two other tanks available bigger than ours.
It is pretty big and I'm SO glad that we changed our minds on the Raven benches. They look amazing in person.

Grakat
Hello again,

Not good that the builders appear to be running over time. I agree the timeframe is tight for them to complete all the necessary work for PCI. Fingers crossed it all gets done.

Once this rain gives up we will be up to mow/hay bale depending on how well it has grown lol.

The blocks don't look to bad, the winter has kept the grass down. I don't think we have mowed in about 3 months...

boatfalls
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Lol - no we only have the 1 tank. I was just saying there were two other tanks available bigger than ours.
It is pretty big and I'm SO glad that we changed our minds on the Raven benches. They look amazing in person.

Sometimes I'm so blonde
what size did you get?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
boatfalls

Hi boatfalls.

I have one query and one observation to make if you don't mind.

My query is with regards to your hand held shower and whether this was the builder's standard fitting or your own selection? The problem is with the shower hose attachment position and the length of the hose, if anyone accidentally drops it, it will hit the floor and possibly damage either the shower head, the tiles or both. At the very least, I recommend stocking some spare tiles because matching tiles can often be difficult to find.

Another issue is that if the shower base can retain water, the regulations require a back flow prevention device and you should check this.

boatfalls

I haven't read all of your thread but going by the size of your tank, I assume that you will be reliant on harvested water for potable use. If this is the case, then a maximum roof harvest yield would be of vital importance to you.

One problem with your water tank installation is that someone has very foolishly fitted a first flush diverter to the top of the wet system's vertical riser. The first flush diverter is also fitted with a dripper.

The purpose of a first flush diverter is to collect the initial dirty 'roof wash' but by fitting it to the top of the vertical riser, all it will do is fill with the settled water retained in the vertical riser while the first flush is still in the downpipes!

I can't tell whether the wet system pipe is 90mm stormwater or 100mm DWV but I would assume (and hope) that they used 100mm DWV. It is also hard to tell from the photo what size the first flush diverter pipe is but regardless of whether it is 90mm stormwater or 100mm DWV, the dripper will result in substantially more yield loss than the amount of water collected in the first flush diverter.
charlibear
boatfalls
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Sometimes I'm so blonde
what size did you get?

viewtopic.php?t=83643

We went with the 90,000L in basalt

Just to help out from SaveH2O's post the IFD for that area is 3.4 litres/min in a 1:20IFD. Roughly that would be 3.4 litres per sq meter of roof area not taking into account roof pitch.
Cleaners have been in last week and we are booked for a PCI walk through tomorrow!!! There is a bit to do, but it looks like we will be in in about 2 weeks time or less!!! I really can't believe it.

That is awesome. All the best tomorrow

Related
22/05/2024
Creaking noise in town house

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Appreciate your response.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum