Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR: Metricon Signature Split Level Sloping Block

Page 7 of 10
Vantage_35
Could also be due to type of house....I'm sure they are a lot more accomodating to some one building a Signature house rather then a Home Solutions build

Yeah not sure, they're looking to build a Glendale. But it was all okay up to the site fall testing. They had photos of the block prior.
It's interesting isn't it. We supplied our own site survey to Metricon (and the other builders we tried) so they could assess with the actual levels. We had this though as we went custom design before going to project builders.
And we're painted! First coat, at least. This house is going to be so bright and airy.. really excited. It looks very different painted, didn't really think it would make that much of a difference.

PVBuild
And we're painted! First coat, at least. This house is going to be so bright and airy.. really excited. It looks very different painted, didn't really think it would make that much of a difference.

Looking great what colour did you choose for your walls?

Lexicon half for walls, quarter for arcs, skirts and ceilings. Main bedroom we did slightly darker though.

It's going to be one white house... have some artwork and soft furnishings planned, have a dark couch and dining chairs. Really wanted the timber floor to be the main feature.
Scaff removed! Bit bunker like, the timber front door softens it. One of the timber windows is incorrect and needs to be replaced. Once we get some soft landscaping in it will improve the facade.

I LOVE how light the house is. 5pm when a storm is outside, and this is the living area. Last coat of paint on tomorrow!

Love the facade and bright spacious interior...did you option the windows bigger?

PVBuild
Lexicon half for walls, quarter for arcs, skirts and ceilings. Main bedroom we did slightly darker though.

It's going to be one white house... have some artwork and soft furnishings planned, have a dark couch and dining chairs. Really wanted the timber floor to be the main feature.

Love the white walls!

So fresh and crisp!

Can't wait to visit tomorrow to see the final paintjob! Will have to do some weeding round the block, too.

Vantage, no - all the windows in the living area are standard.
Stacks of work over the weekend.Painting is complete, stone benchtops are in, undermount sinks are in, pre-tiling QC completed by Beaumonts. Stone is organic white throughout the house.

Did you upgrade all your windows as they seem really large as opposed to the usual split of openable window and glass pane below.

Metricon Vantage

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
emmyawards
Did you upgrade all your windows as they seem really large as opposed to the usual split of openable window and glass pane below.

Metricon Vantage

No - these were standard inclusions, but I suspect only standard in the Signature range. We downsized some of the windows to the minor beds, they were a bit big. Can now put a bed underneath the window.
Very nice progress looks great. Love those undermount sinks.

Great progress...white and bright!
Can't wait to see it with your floors revealed.
Love your kitchen sink haven't seen that one before.
What colour wood grain are your bathroom cabinets?

emmyawards

Metricon Vantage

I know right these windows are amazing. Signature range must have awning windows as standard.

Yeah, the awning windows were standard.

So, tiling should be complete by end next week. Fit offs have been booked for same timeframe. Still loads to do - it's a race to see if we get handover before christmas. Seeing as how our contract date is end Jan, it's 50/50 right now and I'm not sure they will finish.

Still have to do:

External

Internal

Vantage_35
Love your kitchen sink haven't seen that one before.
What colour wood grain are your bathroom cabinets?

Sorry Vantage, I missed this!

The wood grain is Laminex 'Honey Elm' with a riven (textured) finish. It's quite nice; looks good in.

The kitchen sink is an Afa Exact undermount.
PVBuild
Our floor is being installed under the cabinetry and skirts... at this point do I think the cost to get the wideboard (180mm) spotted gum with no quad was worth it? Well, it looks amazing in! Hope it looks spectacular when finished.

Are these a solid board, do you have a close up pic? I think we got the same thing - the middle of the range of flooring?

Also, how did they do under cabinetry? I assume the kickers went on last? We've been told we have to have quad on the island bench, such I don't understand really...

Love Love love your layout and style! Your kitchen and living room reminds me a little of ours. So open. Can't wait to see more pics!

Drew01
Are these a solid board, do you have a close up pic? I think we got the same thing - the middle of the range of flooring?

Also, how did they do under cabinetry? I assume the kickers went on last? We've been told we have to have quad on the island bench, such I don't understand really...

Hey Drew,

Our floor went in before cabinetry so no quad - that was a condition for us; and I got it in writing in the contract to be doubly sure. We went for the top of the range Metricon boards (engineered, post finished). I'm guessing they're doing your floorboards after cabinetry if you need quad?

Some slightly closer up not very clear pics, but they're not finished yet.

Thanks Jess, me too. Seriously don't think we'll be getting handover before christmas though. Went over this morning and there's just too much to do in terms of big jobs and little jobs. The whole front door is askew - carpenter has fixed it, but of course all the plaster and paint is wrecked. And it's not fixed - it's worse!!
Related
10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum