Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Bayside : Our Glendale 45

Page 7 of 32
Drew01
blackcat20
Sounds like a charmer... people seem to forget that these things come back to bite them on the butt.

Yep, worst bit is it's costing us another $935 to get the bricks laid from our side...

His tenants are lovely young people though

At least thats a positive.
Geez he doesn’t even live there and it sounds like the renters wouldn’t mind. People can be so inconsiderate. On the plus side, at least he is not the one actually living there!!

Dani_J
Geez he doesn’t even live there and it sounds like the renters wouldn’t mind. People can be so inconsiderate. On the plus side, at least he is not the one actually living there!!

The tenants are ecstatic the empty block will be built on, and they'll have neighbours (and a new fence) ... The DH covered the temp fencing with hard plastic, so whenever it's windy, it blows over, and I'm sick of driving over there to stand up 40m of fence on my own...

Hey Drew,

Wow you are a patient person I cant believe how long it has taken to get all your approvals and the weird and wonderful issues you have encountered like the council verge and your charming neighbour.

You must be so relieved your on the cusp of starting, we had a rough run for a little while so I understand how frustrating it can be. Good on you for sticking with it.

It will be great to see your slab laid too, we are a E soil classification with some heavy duty piering and strip footings.

Lovely colour selections too, looking forward to following along.
As of today, we're officially handed over to construction. All things being well, we should have a start on the 4th or 6th of April

Congrats.
blackcat20
Congrats.
Has been about 15 months since we signed or sales contact last year... We're just keen to get cracking now

Drew01
blackcat20
Congrats.
Has been about 15 months since we signed or sales contact last year... We're just keen to get cracking now

I know the feeling...
We're off and site scrape is underway!!

Drew01
We're off and site scrape is underway!!

Woo Hoo, congratulations, welcome to the race to being in before Christmas
Drove past today, it's amazing how small the house space looks on the block...

I guess it will look bigger when the slab is poured. Can't remember what our last build looked like at this stage...

I have just started following your thread Drew01, great to see your build starting. I look forward to following the progress. I can't believe how long you have been waiting! I hope it all goes smoothly from here. We bought land in December, which settles in 3 weeks, and hoping to start the build by Winter.
Getting there Drew! We've just started our our Glendale as well, It will be good to compare
elieassi1992
Getting there Drew! We've just started our our Glendale as well, It will be good to compare
For sure - I'll have to start following your thread

So, Monday is scheduled to be our slab day - over 20 trucks of concrete have been booked!!!

As they were digging the foundations to the garage, they found a massive gum tree root, which I had to get our arborist back to get rid of, as a 5-tonne excavator couldn't move it.

I cannot recommend Able Tree Services (http://www.abletreeservices.com.au) highly enough, they have bent over backwards to help us out!

I was there earlier in the week, and our piping had all been done, with a few tidy ups required, in general looking pretty good!

Our slab manager has been doing an amazing job, of the rest of the build goes this smoothly we'll be stoked.

Will get some more photos on the weekend, when the guys are finishing the boxing and setup for Monday's pour

Looking good! 20 trucks OMG! That’s crazy 🤭
Drew01
I cannot recommend Able Tree Services (http://www.abletreeservices.com.au) highly enough, they have bent over backwards to help us out!

Always good to get recommendations for businesses that take care of their customers, thanks for the tip.
shokel1975
Looking good! 20 trucks OMG! That’s crazy 🤭
Yeah, our slab manager said it's the biggest slab he's poured in years. Double height waffle with deepened edge beams

Is it not a standard slab?
Hey Drew,
How exciting. Your house is going to be a cracker and another large Home going up.
We are building the franklin 53 and pretty much at the same time. I’ll slab is scheduled for the 3/5. I can’t wait as the admin side took for ever. Any small things they do on site is so exciting. I’m like a little kid waiting for my present every day.
Good luck with everything

Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum