Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Build Threads & Blogs for The Great South East (QLD)

Page 7 of 9
Roomeat
Desertdwellers
Roomeat
OH.. Where is your build thread or blog Desertdwellers?

Hi Roomeat,
our blog is http://thathousetherurisbuilt.blog.com/

Awesome!! Will be watching your build with great enthusiasm. I thing you and I are the only ones building Parkhills

will also be watching yours
i havent spotted any parkhills either!
Desertdwellers
Roomeat

Awesome!! Will be watching your build with great enthusiasm. I thing you and I are the only ones building Parkhills

Have you got a larger lower floor plan? The one on your blog doesn't seem to open up like the upper floor.
Did you go for a Diamond kitchen or just upgrade the sink to undermount?
Hi all,

I've just caught up - can I join the party?

I'm building with Metricon in North Brisbane, a Barkly 29. My thread is in my forum sig below.
Chaton
Hi all,

I've just caught up - can I join the party?

I'm building with Metricon in North Brisbane, a Barkly 29. My thread is in my forum sig below.

You most certainly can join the party. It's BYO though lol.
Have added you to the list
Roomeat
Desertdwellers
Roomeat

Have you got a larger lower floor plan? The one on your blog doesn't seem to open up like the upper floor.
Did you go for a Diamond kitchen or just upgrade the sink to undermount?

Sorry for that response, have just seen this.

ill update the floor plan on the blog it is not correct.

we made loads of changes extending thefamily room/study, putting a shower in down stairs, creating a butlers bantry in the WIP etc.
the kitchen is sapphire, ut we upgraded lots of things in there aswell.

Hows everything progressing for you?
Hi Roomeat. Great idea. We've just finished a build in Middle Park, Brisbane with Steve Parcell Builders. Happy for you to add us to your list as a reference for others if you wanted. All the best.
Hey SEQers, just wanted post a couple more recs for various trades, and to ask a question...

I'm getting my WIR done through Just Wardrobes and Storage, you can see my plan on my thread on page 31.

I'm also going to use Gold Coast Landscapes for my post-handover landscaping. They've recently landscaped a friend's property and did a great job, it looks very schmick, for a very reasonable price and really quickly. I met with Troy the boss onsite today and had a discussion, he wasn't pushy or giving me a hard sell. I'm going to send him my proposed plan and should get a quote back in a couple of days. He itemises everything, so you can see exactly how much everything costs and take out things that are just nice-to-haves, etc.

Also, does anyone in the GCCC area know about garden shed regulations? I'm trying to get my head around the building advisory notes (link here). As far as I can tell, in order for a garden shed to need NO approval at all, they must be less than 10m2 and at least 1.5m from the side/rear boundary. If we want a small one within the setback area, we have to lodge a referral agency assessment application which is $1000! Is that everyone else's interpretation too? Dave really wants to put one in our back corner but I think it will be in the setback area and I don't want to risk it, but I don't want to waste space on our main lawn area on a shed...
One more local business plug...There's a gorgeous new candle store in Australia Fair, upstairs near K-Mart, called Raw Wix. All the candles are handmade and she also does a recycled range of the bottoms of old candles. Her partner builds little gift boxes and also gorgeous tealight holders etc all out of recycled timber also. It smells amazing every time I walk past. I got some gifts from her today and will definitely become a regular once we move and I can unpack all my holders and burners
Great idea to plug businesses you are pleased with!!
Any one have recommendations for movers? Also maybe a long shot, but valuers (for art, rare books, that kind of thing)?
We used minimovers for our last move and they were great. Could reduce the costs if you got in and helped, which we did
Ilaeria
Any one have recommendations for movers? Also maybe a long shot, but valuers (for art, rare books, that kind of thing)?

Shanniidc owns a removalist company but not sure if does Southside
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me MrBee, I've PMd her now
Anyone getting or had a TV aerial installed after handover? Any recommendations?
Sent you a pm

Cheers
can I have that PM as well? lol
Roomeat
can I have that PM as well? lol

Done

I have half a pallet of PGH "Perisher" bricks, free to a good home, first come first served, they're going on Gumtree too so be quick! I need them collected today or tomorrow. PM me if you want details
(We've kept half a pallet for ourselves too, don't worry
)

Also a baby gate from Masters, also free, unused except two of the little stick-on seating bits were stuck on and then removed. PM me if you're interested in that too.
Pic of the bricks:

Sent from Tapatalk
Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum