Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Lennox with Celebration Homes in the South West

Page 7 of 12
Woohoo, I think it's ready for Colourbond

We are 12 weeks from slab down. They let our slab sit for 6 weeks without bricks so the slab had time to cure. They have done most of the work in the last 6 weeks. There was a large tank out the back yesterday which I'm assuming is our septic tank as we need to put in all our own tanks and sewage etc.
Colourbond was due approx tomorrow or the next day but it's meant to be pouring with rain the next 3 days so I'm not sure what will happen?

I'm so excited, it's starting to look like a real house
So excited for you JMCL! hopefully they don't make you wait too long for the colour one to go on. House looks great
Oh my gosh how EXCITING! It does look like a real house
Looking forward to pics of the roof cover on!
you have almost an identical elevation to me
And we're at the same stage! Hope the weather holds for us both so we can get wiring + plumbing done so the colorbond can get thrown on quickly!
Woohoo, the Colourbond is on

And if you look close enough you can see some of the electric cables for our front lights

kellie_87
So excited for you JMCL! hopefully they don't make you wait too long for the colour one to go on. House looks great

I thought it would take a little while because it's been so wet but it turns out we didn't have to wait long at all

MalSannie
Oh my gosh how EXCITING! It does look like a real house
Looking forward to pics of the roof cover on!

You're right, it's looking like a real house. I have waited soooooo long for my house I think I will probably cry when I finally see it

jlo1990
you have almost an identical elevation to me
And we're at the same stage! Hope the weather holds for us both so we can get wiring + plumbing done so the colorbond can get thrown on quickly!

I can't wait to see your house and what you're going to do with the garden when it's finished
We seem to have very similar tastes with the elevation
Well the Colourbond is on, electrics done and they are currently putting in the sewer and septic tanks etc. We had to put all of that in our selves as our area didn't have any of those amenities. I wonder how the back yard with look with it all dug into place???

We are due to be at lockup in about 2.5 - 3.5 weeks, I wonder how it will all work out? That means they now have to finish site works which is the sewer and septic tanks, and also do plaster, white set, ceilings and cornices in that time frame. The weather is also really wet so it will take a while for the plaster to dry.

I'm excited about how everything is looking
JMCL it looks lovely with the roof on congratulations!!!!! And by the looks of that dramatic sky not a moment too soon either. I can see the electric points for the lights
when're you due to see it in real life? Bet you can't wait!
Congrats!!! It looks great - the colourbond really makes it look like a house. We're at the same stage - I think the next few months will be exciting seeing it all come together!!!

MalSannie
JMCL it looks lovely with the roof on congratulations!!!!! And by the looks of that dramatic sky not a moment too soon either. I can see the electric points for the lights
when're you due to see it in real life? Bet you can't wait!

Thanks Malsannie! My husband grew up in really hot weather his whole life whereas I grew up close to the snow. Do you know what the first thing he said was when he saw the photo 'Look at the clouds, how am I going to cope with the cold weather' LOL

I'm not sure how they even did the colourbond as it was meant to be stormy all last week?im so glad it's finally on now

SmartHomesBuild
Congrats!!! It looks great - the colourbond really makes it look like a house. We're at the same stage - I think the next few months will be exciting seeing it all come together!!!

Thanks SmartHomesBuild, I was just looking at your build a few days ago thinking it was looking amazing and how fast your build has seemed to go! I can't wait to see all your internal choices, that my favourite part of watching people's builds
I've been wondering how the house is going so I asked a friend to go and check on it today and this is how it was looking

Render on the front

Front hallway

Looking at the dining room and you can just see the larder on the right

My kitchen

Master bedroom

Plumbing in the ensuite

Not all rooms have the grey float done yet which I was expecting. More site works have been done on the backyard and a bobcat has flattened all the backyard surface.
I'm expecting the grey float and the white set to take a little while longer than normal because it's been so wet and apparently it takes longer to dry between coats?
I'm really liking how everything is looking. We move in about 8 -10 weeks so we are on the homestretch now for us.

I just ordered my lounge yesterday. Its a dark grey leather one from KuKa in Bunbury. They only had the one I bought in white so I can't wait till I can see it in the grey
It's fun buying new things
JMCL it looks wonderful I'm so excited for you! The lounge sounds great this KuKa place sounds like a destination all in itself it keeps popping up in threads and I wish I could go too
Thanks Malsannie! Kuka has great products and their customer service is wonderful. Worth a visit whenever you finally get to come over for a visit.

Has anyone noticed the last photo that I posted? What type of quality is the grout over the ensuite taps? No one else seems to have missing grout in places like I do? I think I might call Celebration Homes tomorrow and ask about that???
A huge reason I went with Celebration homes was 1. I LOVED the floor plan and 2. Their quality has vastly improved greatly the last few years.
I'm hoping the ensuite taps are okay with the grout like that???
JMCL I don't think it is anything to worry about, but I'm no expert! I've had a look at a few other threads - search for 'chasing' - they look similar to me. It'll have float going over it and tiles so should be fine I think!
Thanks Malsannie! I have emailed the builder and asked my CLO to go and check on the house? We're not allowed contact with the site supervisor otherwise I would call him tomorrow? I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about but the grout looks really messy compared to other builds
I don't think it will be anything to worry about, it'll all get covered with the grey float anyway. But, I always think it's a good idea to let the builder know that you are noticing this stuff so go ahead and query it if you want, make them work for their money

Looking great JMCL! Loving your front elevation, will look fab with a picket fence.

My final plan is with estimating at the mo. Can you remember how long it took Celebration between you signing your PPA and when you received your contracts? I'm nearly there, apparently if I sign up by the end of June they're going to waive the 5% Margs loading ('saving' $11k) Another potential win for me after 30c ceilings and Caesarstone in all wet areas became standard last month!

Omg I have missed all this . It looks great and hopefully lock up soon .
Well Trixee and Malsannie you were right, nothing to worry about as it is getting 2 coats of grey float over it apparently?
Trixee, I definitely notice the finer details

FantasticFour
Looking great JMCL! Loving your front elevation, will look fab with a picket fence.

My final plan is with estimating at the mo. Can you remember how long it took Celebration between you signing your PPA and when you received your contracts? I'm nearly there, apparently if I sign up by the end of June they're going to waive the 5% Margs loading ('saving' $11k) Another potential win for me after 30c ceilings and Caesarstone in all wet areas became standard last month!

FantasticFour, you have had some great wins! We had to pay 3% loading because we are outside Bunbury and I noticed the ceasarstone benchtops are in all wet areas now as standard
the house has gone up almost 20k since we signed last year. To put ceasarstone in my larder, laundry and bathrooms was going to cost an extra 9k back then and that doesn't include what we paid for the kitchen caesarstone?
Don't laugh but which form is the PPA? Is that the final contracts??? I've signed so much paperwork now I don't know the names of any of the specific contracts?
I did Prestart in Nov, signed everything in the middle of December as I was flat out and couldn't do it earlier. Most people sign those papers within a few days after Prestart I think? Late Dec I asked could I redo my electrical plan as I spoke to an electrician and got quoted on paying for extra powerpoints and it was going to cost about 3/4 times the price compared to getting them done during the build. I got my electrical plan back to them and about 2 weeks later I think I was on the siteworks list? They started siteworks early feb but it took 3 weeks to do the siteworks as my land was clay and and then slab about 4 weeks after siteworks had started. I noticed a lot of recent builds in Perth had slab down anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months later after signing the final contracts?
There are a couple of people in Perth who had slab down the same time as me and already have cabinets etc and they are only 17/18 weeks from slab down? Their houses are a lot smaller though.
Celebrations like to do things fast generally though?

Melsie68
Omg I have missed all this . It looks great and hopefully lock up soon .

Melsie, I can't wait for lock up! I can't wait to see my kitchen and all my choices come together

My kitchen won't be fully finished though as we are organising the overhead cupboards ourselves in the kitchen, larder and laundry. I'm also going to redo the splashback. It might take 6 months to do all of that but it's all liveable for now. The cost of overhead cupboards with Celebrations was ridiculous and I've found a fab cabinet maker who lives near us who can put them in up to ceiling height for less the half the price of Celebrations short cupboards.

Looko g forward to seeing your patio Melsie
PPA was the very first form I signed with the builder.
Related
15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

15/06/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Update time: In my last post I had everything programmed to the minute for June a 13 handover....well that didn't happen as you can see from the photos below. We seemed…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum