Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Newport 19 with Coral Homes in Saddlers Ridge

Page 7 of 24
Good stuff cubshome, Must be so exciting to get it started and boy when they start going they really do move. Good luck with the time frame and the weather.
Woohoo! How exciting cubshome! Congratulations
jul33m1
Hi cubshome, how exciting,looking forward to following your build,we were supposed to have our site start the 24th November,however due to the high volume of builds,it won't be until December 3rd, hopefully we'll have our slab before Christmas. Julie

Bummer about the start date being pushed back. Are you building in a new estate or something?

I would say you definitely should have a slab by xmas as they probably want to put up the temp fencing and all that before xmas so nothing happens to the block or anything over the break.

Do you have a thread on here?
daydream_build
That's so exciting!
Hoping we get our start date soon

We also had problems with our bank and the lendor as well but once it was all sorted we finally received a start date after the variations were signed

Hope you get a start date soon too!
jwbear
Good stuff cubshome, Must be so exciting to get it started and boy when they start going they really do move. Good luck with the time frame and the weather.

Thanks Jwbear! it is very exciting to finally have something finally happen.
Mellywil
Woohoo! How exciting cubshome! Congratulations

Thanks Mellywil! it is very exciting to see the start of the construction especially after all the troubles we have gone through so far.
We went for a drive to the block today and noticed that we have a LOO!!!!!

Never been so excited to see a toilet haha

The pile of rubbish is still sitting at the back of the block though, we thought they may have got rid of it for us or maybe they will later on.

They also laid the temp drive way and put a couple of pegs in the ground as a rough estimate where the house is going to be.
cubshome

The pile of rubbish is still sitting at the back of the block though, we thought they may have got rid of it for us or maybe they will later on.

They also laid the temp drive way and put a couple of pegs in the ground as a rough estimate where the house is going to be.

It's funny what things you get excited about when you're building! Something only fellow builders understand!
Hi cubshome,we're building at Oran Park, apparently our SS has 14 other Coral homes in our area. I'll definitely keep posting any updates,and eventually workout how to post pictures. So on the site start day,
do they actually cut your block? My hubby still has the cut side retaining wall to build after the block is cut,before they can do the slab,we're trying to workout a timeline,I'm so glad that we're the other side of all the paperwork,we get the final plans and all of our selections a few days before they start,I hope everything's right. Bring on the build.Julie
daydream_build
cubshome

It's funny what things you get excited about when you're building! Something only fellow builders understand!

Haha yeah i think i am going to seem like a loony by all my friends and family with the silly things i will get excited for
A loo! That is indeed exciting

Julie, I wonder if we are one of those 14....? We still aren't even in council yet so probably not.

Hey Julie, where/how did you do your colour selection? We've done our tiles but that's it so far. Did you just do it at the sales office at Gregory Hills?
jul33m1
Hi cubshome,we're building at Oran Park, apparently our SS has 14 other Coral homes in our area. I'll definitely keep posting any updates,and eventually workout how to post pictures. So on the site start day,
do they actually cut your block? My hubby still has the cut side retaining wall to build after the block is cut,before they can do the slab,we're trying to workout a timeline,I'm so glad that we're the other side of all the paperwork,we get the final plans and all of our selections a few days before they start,I hope everything's right. Bring on the build.Julie

Wow 14? Your SS is definitely going to be very busy! Though with all the coral homes builds that are poping up it seems that Coral are getting a bigger foot print which is good. Within our street alone there are 3 other coral builds that our SS is looking after.

On the 18th the meeting with the SS was at 8am and by the time we got there just before 8 they had nearly finished clearing it and were about to change over to the cutting attachment while our meeting continued. We didn't go see the block yesterday but we assume the temp fencing and the porta-loo were set up because today (20th) they are supposed to start excavating and installing all the plumbing, install the lead-ins for electricity and the fibre.

I am not sure if our construction being classed as urgent has anything to do with everything happening very quickly but it may be possible that Coral will allow you to do the retaining wall after they cut the block and before they do anything else for the slab?

Yay for being on the other side of the paper work and when you do finally get the final plans and everything i would advise to go through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure all the variations and changes you wanted have been included on the construction plans.

When you have the meeting with the SS on the start day he will go through your tender and make sure everything is correct and get you to read a document just for oh&s stuff in case you are getting your own tradies in and if you want access to the build.

I hope that helps Julie unless someone on here can advise any more info if you have had to have a retaining wall built?
Mellywil
A loo! That is indeed exciting

Julie, I wonder if we are one of those 14....? We still aren't even in council yet so probably not.

Hey Julie, where/how did you do your colour selection? We've done our tiles but that's it so far. Did you just do it at the sales office at Gregory Hills?

Haha yeah now when we go visit the block and we need to go at least we can use it....... maybe lol
cubshome

Haha yeah now when we go visit the block and we need to go at least we can use it....... maybe lol

You ever been in one of those things?
I'd advise against it, especially after it's had some use
Thanks cubshome

Looks like emailing the other builder's head office did the trick, they emailed back saying they have removed all the rubbish. Haven't gone to check the land out yet though after that.

We are waiting on our start date now, you guys must be really excited to see the slab work prep started
Mellywil
cubshome

You ever been in one of those things?
I'd advise against it, especially after it's had some use

hahahahahaha yeah well that thought had gone through my head so i think it would have to be an emergency before i would even consider it!
shadowarrior
Thanks cubshome

Looks like emailing the other builder's head office did the trick, they emailed back saying they have removed all the rubbish. Haven't gone to check the land out yet though after that.

We are waiting on our start date now, you guys must be really excited to see the slab work prep started

Your welcome

Oh well that's good lets hope they have actually done what they have said.

oh the last little step to wait before construction!!! Lets hope that the date isn't far away
Yeah we are both really excited to see all the work now because we have increased our visits to the block from about once a fortnight to twice in a week haha
Thanks cubshome, there's so many things to do,and I will definitely go through the final plans with a fine tooth comb,I've learnt that Corals Head Office make a lot of mistakes,fingers crossed that everything is spot on.

Mellywil,we had to chase our own colour appointment up,and it was in the garage at the Marcoola 32 display,at Gledswood Hills,ask your sales consultant for the colour ladies details,and push for your appointment. The colour was my least favourite,it was tick and flick, make sure that your not hurried and go through everything twice, before you sign.Also the light in the garage isn't very good,so take your samples to the study or main bedroom so you can see how it looks in natural light,just take your time. Good luck Julie
Mellywil once colour is finished ,it took about 4 weeks to finalise all the variations,Julie
Thanks Julie, that's good to know. Once we get this bank stuff sorted I'll get on the colour appointment. I'd hate for the colour variation stuff to hold us up. We're not even in council/CDC yet so we have a couple of months up our sleeve.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum