Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Elderton Homes - experiences & reviews

Page 7 of 11
I asked for them to give me a rough estimate as to when we will be in, at least another 10 weeks!!! That puts us into December so nearly a 4 month delay. Anyone who is even thinking of going with them stay away.
I agree stay away and build with someone else. I have been so disappointed with the tradies work as well.

Hi all....ive signed my tender about 3 weeks...The main reason was It could fit in my budget...just Wondering is anyone getting a house inspections done by private company during construction? Not sure even elderton allow that?

You can, you'll just need to organise it with your site supervisor.

We chose not to, everyone has their preferences though. If you want that piece of mind then it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.
Elderton have been disappointing but my supervisor is awesome. I've been able to get all sorts of things like landscaping done with no issues. I hope you have a great experience get2rush

I have got to agree with you there mrpatto - I'm disappointed with the delay however, the workmanship has been up to par so I guess it's better to have a late handover then them do a sloppy job and my s/s + c/s rep have been amazing to deal with.

We had gyprock completed today so fingers crossed for a smooth final stage!
Did anyone else get the delay letter/email today?
Hi all,

How's everyone enjoying their new home (if finished that is)? I have been thinking about my first build with them. Price is reasonable but I think they have recently increased it again.
Got a quote to build Mitcham 34. Facade is a major issue as I can't justify paying 10k+ with no rendering or works done let alone adding a balcony. If I go with Ilkua facade that will set me back almost 18K with some rendering. They hardly have facade options compared to other builders out there...

Is anyone thinking of building with them and facing similar issue?

Need to consider delays that everyone is facing in this forum also...
Emma1906 what was the delay letter. All I know is we are so close however have been waiting about three weeks just for a little bit of painting and hand over. They are a joke. In saying that I told the supervisor I'm going ahead with the things I am supposed to do after handover so I've just finished all my concrete including driveway. Also booked flooring in for the 19th. So by the time they hand over at least I'll be done.

Hmm so if you didn't get it then I'll assume that I only got it because my house should have been finished today and we are still only at waterproofing (which was finished two weeks ago yet still no progress). Tired of this crap. I'm ready to rip the fences down myself and get my landscaping and fences started.
This is the letter:

7 October 2015 Dear Valued Client I am writing to inform you that as a result of current market conditions we are experiencing some delays which have affected us from achieving our pre-construction and construction timelines. As you may be aware the NSW property market has experienced exponential growth and record sales over the past 12-18 months. This growth has resulted in a shortage of experienced staff, shortage of experienced tradesman, and also major supplier issues across the entire residential construction industry, and many other related industries, such as manufacturing. Whilst Elderton Homes are not alone in this current situation we are and have been applying a strategy to employ more staff and on-site contractors as well as lock in new supply chains, however with most other builders in a similar situation this has been a struggle to gain quality skilled people. In the past six months alone our staff numbers have increased in excess of 50% and are still continuing to grow. I would like to reaffirm that you are a valued client and I ask for your patience during this time, we are doing everything within our power to return to our normal operating timeframes and provide an acceptable level of service to all of our clients. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time. Regards Richard Whitehead Group Managing Director
They are a joke Emma1906! I would talk to the supervisor and get in. I've been able to get access to do landscaping, concrete, flooring, tiling and aircon. Pretty lucky if I had to wait there was no way I was going to be in by Christmas. When I talked to my supervisor he encouraged me and told me it stays between him and I.
Well that's the same problem I face. We were pushing it getting everything done in time by Christmas (with two small kids you need fencing) but now, I know it's not going to happen!

I'll have a chat with him today. I was told I couldn't even put a shelf up myself before handover so they can put my monitor and hard drive for the security system on it.
Hi Emma, ive also got it but I'm still initial stage having all my appointments this month....

We also have got this letter..but we are still in early stages..Had our color appointment last week..Electrical appointment is next week..
We got the letter.
Our land is finally registered and settles friday, we were hoping things finally will start to move along, but I guess not

I spoke to the site supervisor today and he said 5-6 weeks. Fingers crossed!
Can any of you share with me how much extra they charge for BAL rating of 12.5?
Was the letter in the post or email? I have not received any letter from them. In saying that, frames should be delivered today and finished in the next 3 days (as I was told by our SS). With this, we are still on schedule with the Construction Diagram.

@mrpatto, good thing they allowed you to do your bit before the handover. I am also doing the flooring myself.
Are you all happy with the quality and progress of Elderton homes. I have just received initial quote from them however it's for custom design. They have quoted build time 32 weeks excluding Christmas. As I have already plan ready just need construction certificate they are saying the slab will be there before Christmas.

How is your build? Is it happening according to the plans?

Any info much appreciated.....
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

27/01/2024
Sienna Homes - Reviews?

Building A New House

Hi starting the process of looking around for Dual Occ builders. Looking to build a home shared with family either as a duplex or front back. Has anyone done any recent…

18/04/2024
Reblock Reviews Victoria

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

I cannot find a review for the Reblocker I am getting a quote from. Am I doing something wrong, or are numbers of reblockers who hold VBA registration not reviewed on your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum