Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Sierra - We have the keys

Page 7 of 12
How frustrating that they won't give a time line. I know what people mean now about the last few weeks feeling slow, our build is dragging its feet a bit too. Lots of things that were meant to be finished this week haven't been touched yet. We just have to stay patient, and keep busy.

Dan has been working on the blinds for us too, but they were a lot more expensive! We were either looking at $1400 for 3 windows or $750 if we get the three blinds with a single year warranty. I think I'll have to do a bit more research!
The good thing at least Agentnaget is that I'm just kind of over it! At least if I'm over it, I'm not really thinking about it and don't really care. There have been times in this process where I hate the house and just can't wait to sell it!
I was tired of being excited, now I'm exhausted and my interest has really wained. We'd normally go and see the house once or twice a week, now..unless we hear that stuff has happened we probably won't check it out again until next weekend.
Definately look around for blinds, I think the company we used is only in Victoria, however hopefully you'll find something a bit cheaper...but who knows, maybe the quality of the ones you're looking at is much better than ours.
Just found out our SS will be changing, a new guy has taken over so is in the process of seeing where things are at and providing us with a PCI date. This is a little frustrating, however the new guy seems pretty on top of things and has organised a site clean for tomorrow as he thought it was pretty bad.
He told us that our previous SS had estimated PCI for the 18th of March. Hopefully the new guy has the same date, if not earlier.
I'm not sure if much was done last week, if anything from what I hear which is a little dissapointing.
We'll have to move 3 pallets of bricks tomorrow that we want to keep, so we'll see what might have changed since our last visit on the 24/2.
Our new SS said he should be able to give us a PCI date tomorrow, fingers crossed he can because I'm giving up a trip to Adelaide for it.
Wow they are changing it now? Neat the end? Hmmmm when ours got changed it delayed our build by about 2 weeks
hopefully it's the end of March for you guys still
The other SS is leaving the company, not much can be done about it!
Ahhhh well your house is a fair way along so I doubt it will delay it at all. We are currently having our painting done, it seems to be going so so slow now
deluxes
That's really good! Great price.

I'm doing my own through BlindsOnline, and Loveyablinds.com.au

just wondering how you went with Blinds online. I'm about to buy one for my daughters room, blockout as she is pre teen and getting cranky about the dawn waking her

Price seems ok for what we need, just wondering about quality and service....any other suggestions welcome.
I haven't personally used them... however someone I work with has.
I've seen her place with them in and they looked lovely.

There was a couple of people on here who have used them and been happy as well
We went to the house yesterday as we had to move 3 palletts of bricks that we are keeping that were left over. Fun, fun, fun....not!!!

Anyway, our mirrors and showers screens are in. The shower screens seem a little short and flimsy too.

I also got a better photo of some of our lighting...why couldn't they have used their brains and put everything inline, I've noticed one of our hallway lights isn't in the middle either, not sure what can be done about it now.

Oh wow! So so so exciting! Not long now! When is your flooring going in?
I've been told its going in next week. Our new SS is just confirming that everything is locked in.
Your house is looking great, shame about the lights not lining up. You could see if the lights were put in as per the plan, if not bring it up with them and see what they say about it fixing it? Your shower screen looks nice, is it the grange one?
Hi StephyD, not sure what you mean by Grange? All we did was get the standard inclusion...nothing exciting...especially since its the same as whats in our current house!

On our lighting plan, they're pretty much where they are meant to be, however the plan says that its only approximate, you'd just think they'd use their brains and think that most normal people would prefer everything lined up. Not much we can do, even if they fix it there is still going to be a patch on the ceiling. We'll be getting downlights after handover so will figure out what we're going to do about it then.
How much notification should I get for PCI?
how many weeks has been since your fitout started??
We pushed through our PCI lol only because John was starting school and we didn't want a disruption. If the SS reckons estimated date was 18th then go with that!

How exciting. You are so close now.
stayxtrue
how many weeks has been since your fitout started??

It's hard to know exactly because stages blended into each other, officialy fitout finished on the 13/2 and then our 'final' stage started from there.

I'm not even looking for confirmation of the PCI date, although it would be nice, I'd just like to know how much notice I'll get beforehand.
Grange is the semi-frameless option.
We got down lights put in our current house and had to get the hole for the standard light patched, I don't even notice it. A good plasterer should be able to make it look like new if you find you need to get rid of it when your doing your down lights.

Did you have to give notice that you wanted to keep the leftover bricks? Sorry for all the questions!
Yeah, we'll just have to find someone to do a good job with the plaster. No point of getting it lined up, now as its just going to have to be patched up anyway.

In regards to the bricks, our first SS asked if we wanted them, however our 2nd SS didn't realise this and was going to get rid of them before I told him we wanted them. Might just pay to ask...just in case.
Will do, thank you.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum