Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home, first build. Redink Homes NOR

Page 7 of 10
Have you tried opening the windows and doors fry??? LOL

That's all I ever do and 8/10 times there is 1 open
Yeah I always try but they are locked which is a good thing really

Quick update, went to the house Saturday morning but no more work had been done.
Garage grano poured yesterday.

Will talk to the SS today to see if the front garden can be cleared up as I will get the guy in to do the soak wells before Christmas.
Nice Size Garage Wfry ....it looks much bigger with the Grano poured
Yay things are happening!!
Thanks AKB, looks much more like a garage now. Any work is good news so I am happy
Shower screens and mirrors in the ensuite and bathroom were installed yesterday.
Ohh I really can't wait to see my screens and mirrors in!!
So got to take some photos inside yesterday, first time in over a month I have been in! Thought I would make the most of it and take a few photos.

Bathroom

Bathroom shower

Ensuite

Ensuite shower

Kitchen bench with the Essastone Carbon

Laundry

Golden dune pavers

Looks good - what's the plan for this week?
Are you happy with everything wfry?
Well I am happy with how it is looking and the recent progress but furious right now though

Told the SS months ago and last week! in emails that I need at least a week's notice before paving starts so that I can get the guy in to do the soak wells. I just called the SS asking about the pavers and he says he was planning on getting it done this Thursday... He then realised that soak wells aren't done yet and that Redink aren't doing them. So incompetent!! The guy I am getting to do them probably won't be able to do them until after Christmas (waiting for him to check his schedule to confirm when he can do them - he is understanding of the situation I think).

So long story short, no paving because soak wells need doing and that won't happen before Christmas so paving will have to wait until Redink open up again 6th Jan 2014. Poor work by the SS and Redink because in my recent update from them they didn't mention paving would be done before Christmas. This isn't a delay I guess but it is still annoying.. Could have had it paved this week! Grr.
Don't know what the plan is this week asj - appliances fitted and maybe start of electrical and/or plumbing finals. I will find out later today.
Great progress fry!

Grrr about the paving issue though!!! Can I borrow your paver??? Mine was supposed to be back today (3rd time) and at at 10.30 was still a no show....
That's annoying about your pavers!!! Good progress though, the end is in sight!!!
Yeah their scheduling leaves a lot to be desired. Would have been nice to see it done!
Looks greats. Love your floor tiles in ensuite and laundry what colour is it.
Oh that is so frustrating re paving.
Quote:
Looks greats. Love your floor tiles in ensuite and laundry what colour is it.

I can't remember what colour they are called but will post on here once I check. The laundry looks lighter in real life and is grey rather than the black in the ensuite.

Paving in on hold until the New Year. Soak wells start on Tue 7th Jan. Keen to move into my house, not too much longer to go hopefully
The temptation to not buy any furniture or things for the house until I am in is probably turning into the hardest thing now.
Haha - I hear you!
I think I have been exceptionally good and not purchased a single thing! Even though I come from share houses and have no good furniture! In fact i have hardly anything to fill ny enpyr house! Haha. We are paying for all of or stuff ie; paving, flooring, painting fencing out of pocket - so no money for shiny new things haha
Keep resisting until you get the keys at least so it saves having to moves things twice. I haven't even moved out of home yet
but I bought couches and a few easy to move things already. Yeah I am the same, going to be emptying my pockets to finish it off and get furniture. Once I get those keys it is time to spend spend spend! That'll be a scary time but definitely exciting.
Haha - yeah. Anything happening for you this week?
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum