Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rex's Redink build - LANDSCAPING

Page 7 of 33
That's a good sign, fingers crossed it happens this week!!!!!
Looks like everything is raring to go!
Yes hope the brickies show up soon. They cant possibly want those things sitting there too long, right? Door frames arrived today too!
Hi rex777, I hope you have your bricklayers soon, we have been waiting 7 weeks for ours and we got told yesterday, they have been delayed at previous job so will confirm for second time this when they will start!

I have lost all meaning in the word 'confirm'!!

I find it hard to believe the shortage excuse when my next door neighbour started site works a week before us and they are nearly at lock up!! Go figure.

Again, good luck...
well my brickies finished this arvo...got the invoice this morning :p so if by some small chance its the same team they are starting elsewhere tomorrow!!
Quote:
="xxkatxx"]well my brickies finished this arvo...got the invoice this morning :p so if by some small chance its the same team they are starting elsewhere tomorrow!!

Wouldnt that be fantastic! Fingers crossed when we drive past later today we see brickies

Congrats on your brickwork being finished!
Jayney35
Hi rex777, I hope you have your bricklayers soon, we have been waiting 7 weeks for ours and we got told yesterday, they have been delayed at previous job so will confirm for second time this when they will start!

I have lost all meaning in the word 'confirm'!!

I find it hard to believe the shortage excuse when my next door neighbour started site works a week before us and they are nearly at lock up!! Go figure.

Again, good luck...

7 weeks!!! Thats crazy, so true the word confirm must mean something else in the building world
We feel your pain rex777. We had slab go down roughly at the same time as you and we are still waiting for brickwork to start. Our land is fully loaded with bricks, frames etc we've even got the yellow pile of sand. We were also told a few weeks ago SS was delayed at previous job and today we were told the brickies they had lined up had declined our job and they are currently organising for another team. Very frustrating!
These bricklayers have all the power right now dont they. We have been told end of this week our bricks will start. Maybe I should put some cartons of beer on the slab so they dont pull out on us.
Sounds like a good idea rex777
Our bricklayers arrived this morning. What a great feeling it is! Photo to come shortly.
That is fabulous news Rex!!!!!! Congrats on finally getting to this part!
Woohoo!!!! So happy for you
Looking forward to the photo!
Oh woohoo that's great!!
A little bit done today. All the prep work would have taken a while. Marking the walls on the slab, shovelling off the sand from the slab and footings, setting up the levels. Anyway these photos show the first bricks layed.

Congrats Rexx!!
Yay after your long wait. What a relief for you
YAY for walls!!
Yay, some bricks have been laid, great news.
Related
2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum