Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First timers building in Whiteman Edge

Page 7 of 11
Hey mel I'm a bit behind than you and frannny she may be in before Xmas I'm thinking bout April for myself who are you building with
We are building with aveling homes. They have been fantastic so far.
Hey Mel!!

Wow so good to hear from others building in Whiteman Edge but even more exciting to hear from others building on our street!!

What number are u and your partner at Mel?

It sounds like you are at about the same stage as us.. White set is being completed this week, along with the pour of the concrete floor in the garage. Our windows were put in last week too which was exciting!

Our builder hasnt really said anything regarding early handover. It was originally the end of Feb but considering how fast they are progressing, my partner and I have been secretly hoping for keys before Christmas!

So glad Aveling have given you a smooth and enjoyable build! We too have also had a great build with our builder, Aussie Living!

Have Aveling told you that you will be in by Christmas??

AC27- how is everything going for you on Ardwick? Was that a slab I noticed on the weekend?!
We are number 4, no immediate neighbours just yet
!

No they haven't said. All I was told if there aren't any problems to be rectified at final inspection then it should be ok other wise the "10 day maintenance" will cross into the Christmas break up period! We are also secretly hoping for before Christmas
Hey Frannny, yep our slabs been down almost 2 weeks now hoping for bricks to rock up this week. We're also a number 4 Mel. It would be great to be in before christmas, I could of down so much stuff over the xmas break to the house.
Hey Mel89 has your house got a white roof? you should go on nearmap (search on google) and check it out.
Yes thats our house, by our map the long wall looks crooked but im hoping its the map. I did notice that the retaining walls and footpaths didnt match up either. Please just be an error
I was looking at my house then just scrolled around the suburb and I noticed that roof before I relised it was yours. I thought I'd let ya know before hand over just incase. But you maybe right might just be a satellite image error.
Thanks AC27! I must admit i am paranoid at the moment, must check that out this weekend
Hahaha i was looking at your house and actually thought to myself jeez love the straight walls on that one...:s but then noticed that was where the pictures were patched together
my retaining wall is way off down the end too so its just the photo
Oh and Mel if you want to check out another aveling build there is one on heaton rd, its the most complete house on the street pretty much in the middle!
Does everyone love the aveling homes theme song
Hey everyone!!

Ive been a bit MIA lately and havent given an update in a while so thought its about time I did one!

We had our tile meeting with our site supervisor this morning, it was soo good to be able to get inside the house and have a look at everything (being locked out sucks lol).

Tile meeting went really well, our tiler was an older man which was reassuring. He seemed really switched on and from what he had already done of the tiling, it all looked great!

All our cabinets, benchtops and sinks are in and it all looks soooooooo nice!! We are very happy with all of our selections, its so nice to see it all in real life - finally!

The best thing to come out of our meeting this morning was the news that our site supervisor gave us - that we will have keys before Christmas!! OMG we are sooooo excited! Its going to work out so well as both me and my partner have 2 weeks off over Christmas so we will be able to get in and start painting, yay! Fingers crossed that we dont come across any delays in the next month!

Our supervisor told us to make the call to organise our fencing and landscaping, but I seem to have lost the letter with the details on it. Does anyone happen to have those details please?

As we were leaving the estate today, we did notice that about 4 of the display homes have had nearly all of their windows smashed, gggrrr it makes me so angry that people get amusement out of doing those kind of things!
i saw the smashed up windows too...horrible little turds....
the only contact details i can find regarding the fencing and landscaping are for roxy at stockland ph 61418272
Thanks Kat!!
Yeah I had a meeting with my SS on wednesday morning and saw all the smashed windows, the SS also said someone tried breaking into their site box at the front of my house.
Argh that is so frustrating!

Some ppl just have no respect and have no idea how much people sacrifice to be able to afford to build a house!
I saw a fence up this week in whiteman edge, what appears to be a browny colour. Is that the colour of the fences throughout whiteman edge? of do you get to pick the colour, I am guessing not.
I finally got to go through my "locked up" house today
the tiler was so nice! I can't beleive how much has happened in a week, we now have cement in the garage and all of the cupboards in. I can't think of much more there is to do!

Ac27 I also saw the fences up... We can't choose
Stockland wants us all to be the same. Grow big trees along the fence line

Then I saw the horrible smashed windows at the display homes
. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone building to set them back for moving in!
hey mel89 we drove past 10.30amish. How annoyed would you be if something like that happpend right before handover before xmas and you're delayed over that holiday period you'd be devestated. Lets hope I ain't jinxed it by saying that. But it's annoying how their idiots in the area that did this could return.
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

13/09/2023
Slab edge Dampness

General Discussion

Quarter of it

4/10/2023
New Travertine mitred edge pillar CHIPPED

General Discussion

get them to replace the chipped tiles. It will stick out like a sore thumb overwise. Also tiler will be siliconing the miters rather than grouting. Grouted miters crack…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum