Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building in Glenmore Ridge?

Page 7 of 41
Have removed my post as someone pointed out to me I could be done for defamation.

Suffice it to say we were not happy to build with someone who would not negotiate when they made a mistake.
Hi Guys,

i am going OS next week, just when building starts,
so i will be back in 2-3 weeks, with some pics of work that has been done ( i hope )
see you all then,
Richard D
essilou
@Annette - hope all works out for you in the search for your new home & lifestyle outside of Penrith. Such a shame we won't be neighbours though
The search begins again……anyone own lot 210 or 212?

@GeorgieGirl & @Cameron & Katie - welcome to my forum!! It's so great to see new members. Our community is really coming together. We too are building the HavanaOne! Sounds like it's everyones favourite MJH design
We loved it from our 1st visit to Oran Park and love the Jordan Springs display too! The whole MJH team are so friendly and helpful. We should be starting construction towards end of October and we can't wait

@Richard - Your chosen design is very similar to the Havana floor plan….not long now and you'll have action on your site!

@Cass - lovely seeing you & your family today at Jacaranda Puddle lol……such a shame the sun wasn't shining for us to enjoy a picnic….oh well there's always the next Stockland function.
Totally agree that the wood-fired pizza's were a hit today in the wet conditions.

@Drew - The front facade of your house looks amazing…..we've picked the similar colours. So lucky that you'll be moving into your house over the next month and sounds like you've already made a few friends in your street.

Have a great week everyone and hopefully the rain stays away so the tradies can do what they do best

Cheers
Esther & Tim
http://lot211glenmoreridge.blogspot.com/

@essilou - Thanks guys.... we are really happy with the colour selections and the way it is all coming together. So many choices it feels good when it works.

We have been locked out for 2 weeks now and haven't been in the house.... I wish we could get in and take some photos... I am going down in the morning... doubt anyone will be there long weekend though.
Went past today. They have mowed the vacant lots, which is good. Lots has been happening the last week.

Has anyone noticed the colour bond fence that is going up? Doesn't look like it is woodland grey? I wonder if they have relaxed the colours?
We saw the "SURFMIST" fence today... very light in colour that is for sure.. There is another going up in my street which is woodlands grey.

If we can do what we want then IRONSTONE fences will soon be going up around my place!!! ... and from what I have seen there are 3 fences up, which are all different.

PS check out the blog guys... took some internal pics of the house
starting to take some shape now!
Hi all

Not much happening from our end. We come off the 2 week neighbour notification tomorrow, so fingers crossed no problems and we will get an approval shortly from the council.

I noticed the surfmist fence and its supposed to be just woodland grey or timber but for those in the fire zone only woodland grey.

I don't like the idea of the mixed lolly bag of fences. It would be better if they are all the same.

Drew - inside is looking fantastic - floor is brilliant and your kitchen is coming along very nicely.

I do hope that in a few weeks we might see action on the block but based on Matt and Linda it might be more weeks then they say.

Matt and Linda how are things going? We have not been by our block for a bit so might do a drive by this week.

We went 4WD and camping this weekend and kids had a ball in the mud and sitting by the fire. Just back now and having the fun of washing muddy clothes.

Richard - hope Os trip is a holiday! Look forward to seeing some pics!

Camkat - liking your blog! you on my list now of fav blogs!

Have a good week everyone... keep the blogs and pics coming!

cass
Spoke to someone today about the fence as my wife and i were concerned it would end up a free for all on fencing... Council has no issue so it all depends on if Stockland do anything (i was told today it was un likely they would force the issue)

I will be sure to out my fence up first to avoid having multicolour fences!

Hopefully i have neighbours who are happy to follow the guidelines and there will be no issue...
Hi

I have sent an email to Stockland regarding this. I feel that we went through a Design approval process that cost us all a minimum of 5 days, then why bother with that if they are letting a builder put through any colour fence they want. To be honest it looks awful, it does not even fall within the colours on the original design element. I will keep everyone posted about what Stockland have to say about this.

Welcome Banksy - where are you building?

We will be following the guidelines, which for us is Woodland Grey Colourbond because we are in the bushfire zone.

Had a drive by today and there are tonnes of fences and portaloos up in my street.

But not us... clock has been stopped on our DA for some reason, now need to find out why... have sent Wisdom and email to contact the council and find out why... so another unknown hump in the road...

What I don't understand is the houses either side of me, was able to use the comply and develop method, so feeling annoyed that we were unable to do this as our 149 said full application.... go figure.

Anyway the waiting continues.........
Wait for this one guys..... Apparently........ *drum roll* builder tells me today that the bushfire impact on blocks some of the new blocks has been changed... and apparently there was no reason for anyone to pay more for these impacts.

If this is true it means people like me and lots of others have paid extra for stuff we may not have needed... I hope this is not true!!

Further to the fences I think that it is a free for all with the fences... So far we have

1. Completed Jandsen home with timber fence
2. Near completed Jandsen home with colourbond SURFMIST fence
3. Near completed owner builder home (end of my street facing Ridgetop drive) Colourbond Woodlands Grey

Lets see what is next...

also out of interest.... The house that is nearly finished on Ridgetop Drive (Renogain?) constructions is nearly finished and has a for sale sign up... Single storey 28sq for $640,000!
dtechstr
Wait for this one guys..... Apparently........ *drum roll* builder tells me today that the bushfire impact on blocks some of the new blocks has been changed... and apparently there was no reason for anyone to pay more for these impacts.

If this is true it means people like me and lots of others have paid extra for stuff we may not have needed... I hope this is not true!!

Apparently they have OR are changing the 149?

Further to the fences I think that it is a free for all with the fences... So far we have

1. Completed Jandsen home with timber fence
2. Near completed Jandsen home with colourbond SURFMIST fence
3. Near completed owner builder home (end of my street facing Ridgetop drive) Colourbond Woodlands Grey

Lets see what is next...

also out of interest.... The house that is nearly finished on Ridgetop Drive (Renogain?) constructions is nearly finished and has a for sale sign up... Single storey 28sq for $640,000!
Hey, we have block 1460 in glenmore ridge...

Looking forward to getting into the important stuff, but for right now we are just doing our research and finishing our current house to sell it!

The changes to BAL ratings wouldnt surprise me, i was told some time ago they were grossly over estimated by a member of the mountains bush fire brigade (with well over 30 years exp) but i do hope no one has forked out on un neccessary items...

As for the fence issue, without naming names it came from a source that will dissapoint many of you with regards to Stockland doing anything about it! Basically i would be getting your fence up if u have any fear of neighbours going rogue and making your new home look like a mt druitt mansion...

Have enjoyed reading through your previous posts and learning as we go!
Drew, that is interesting about the bushfire side of things. I just found our DA has had the clock stopped, yet to find out and wondering what is the problem. Wisdom did not submit a bushfire report as they wanted to wait and see if it was required. Some of the blocks around me have submitted the report at the back of our contracts.

What did you need to submit?

BTW - your house is looking fantastic. Showed hubby your floors - both agree look amazing!

28Sq for $640K... well that is promising.... for the rest of us!

As for fences... I would prefer all to be the same.. but will have to deal with it as it comes. For us we would be looking at a dark coloured fence out of preference.

Drew - are you guys going to be the first here to have the turf laying party....
Does not seem like long and you will be moving in!

I will be happy if we get to lock up before christmas at the rate we are going....

Banksy, that is my main concern different fences will make the estate look messy..... well regardless of what my neighbours do, if they get in before me, I will just spray my fences on the inside so they are all the same colour... if it comes to that, i dont want 5 difference fences (i have 5 neighbours)..... can you imagine...
I have just sent another email to Stockland, I will push for this, and I am going to contact Jansen homes tomorrow... if we all had to submit colours to stockland, and we are all abiding by the guidelines.. then they should too, they can spray the fences to fix them.
5 neighbours? Ouch! Just dividing your fence costs is going to require einstein himself...

How nice would it be if everyone just did the right thing?! Haha yeah right! If nothing happens with that fence, then its going to be the case in every street...
Hey Cass...

The builder is turfing the whole block for me... so I dont have to worry... but maybe we can have a few beers and some wines and sit back and watch while they do it!!

In regards to the bushfire impact your builder needs to do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get an bushfire certified person to complete a report specific to your block
2. Get the rural fire service to do the inspection

Wisdom didn't submit one for Matt and Linda first time around either.

Here are the facts......

http://housingcode.planning.nsw.gov.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=uMjvQicfEBE=&tabid=69

You CAN lodge a complying development application as long as the impact to your block is not BAL40 or BALFZ
I have 4 neighbour fences as well!
Thanks Drew, Wisdom have been great so far except for this part.... its really frustrating to come to this point. I am sure that is how Matt and Linda felt too.
Thanks Drew,

I will be jumping on Wisdom as soon as 830am hits tomorrow. I spoke with Wisdom several times regarding this report, telling them that we are in the low prone area, however would need a report. I know at the end of the day, we will get the design we want.. but the process is dragging on, I think what has added to the process for myself and Matt and Linda is the fact that we had to do the 2 week neighbour notification for a double storey, basically council just lets the file sit until that is over and then begins to assess the file.

Its to late now for the comply development, I just have to keep reminding myself that as soon as the admin roller coaster is over, at least we jump on the building roller coaster.

Mind you, it seems to be taking Wisdom a while to get working on Matt and Linda's site, I hope they get cracking soon for them.

As for the beer and wines.. I like the idea of sitting back and watching... maybe we can have a slab party since we never got a chance on yours... your home flew up!

How have your boys enjoyed seeing the house go up. My 7 year old today asked me, "mum are they ever going to start our house or have they forgotten about it", poor kid, he just wants it to start just like we do.
Slab party sounds great!!

I felt for Matt and Linda as well... no sooner did their block get scraped it rained and i am sure it would be mudded as hell!

Done worry... once you start it goes fast... but things slow up at the end when they have to do all the bits and pieces...

let me know how you go with the fence info with stockland
Drew, I will let you know. As usual I am up late doing uni work and flicking back in to the H1 forum for a break from the uni books....
I'll trade a block of flats for a different colour fence any day

As much as the applications go through i-scope initially and this can hold up your application to council, I can't see how anything in the Design Essentials can be policed from there on in? Does someone from Stocklands come out later? What power would they have once it's done? I assume it is out of Councils hands, its not legislation of any kind, is it?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the guidelines but I just can't see any follow up inspections, little alone enforcement.

Interested to hear what they come back with.
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum