Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

laura2009 - my build - new pics

Page 7 of 7
So much for PCI items being finished by 5.30pm Monday. We've just been told new tiles that need to be laid bathrooms are still going and tiler needs to work tomorrow too (without exaggeration, the cut around one of the door frames in the bathroom was so crap there was about 2cm of coloured glue or silicone filling the gap all the way around it - it was shockingly bad
. Other bathroom tiles had corners sticking up and they are not rectified so they were laid pretty poorly to have that happen).

Have also sent text to SS to get rid of builders rubbish in front of the house too. It's way too much for us to just chuck in the bin and why should we.

Our tiler is starting tomorrow! I love my tiles and can't wait to see them down! We got the tiles & tiler from Stiles flooring. The service there has been terrific so far.
Sounds like the tiler didn't take much pride in their work
Hope you get it fixed in a timely manner.
Fai&mont tiler is still going fixing the bathroom floors and painting still happening - both items from PCI. ('items from practical completion inspection will be completed 5.30pm day of handover' my a*se)

Even our tiler didn't start today, starting tomorrow. Why do things never run to time in the building world??

Dying to move in and start decorating! Will post pics when the flooring is finished.
Hi Laura,goodluck with your hand over,such an exciting time
Main area tiling has started now. I'm very happy with how tiles look in the house.

We are in the house and it's fab. Will post some pics this week!
Oh, I completely missed your pics of the floor tiles. They look awesome. So shiny, even though they're dirty. Can't wait to see some pics!

Good to hear you're having a great time in your new house. I'm hoping after all this anticipation, it'll all be worth it!
Here are some pictures of the living area. I love the tiles. Apart from my comments below, I love the house and all the space we have. It's more spacious than I had imagined, we have large pieces of furniture and they don't overpower the rooms.

Now we have been living with the tiling done in the living areas, in comparison, it shows up the less the average tiling job Fairmont did in the wet areas. I still have Fairmont completing PCI items. The rubbish out the front of the house was finally cleared today and the repairs to tiles were finished today. Still need to attach the missing handle to HT room and complete painting jobs.

Desperate to get the storm water done and to get in a temporary fix for the driveway until we can concrete. Will happen soon.

More pics will come when the house is tidy, lol.

I was wondering how you were going. Thought you'd left us but obviously I missed your pics yet again. Looks like you've settled into your new home very well.

Wow, your home looks stunning and very homely! Love your couches too! I've been looking at couches and seem drawn to that style of couch in each store I visit.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum