Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Avenue at Casey

Page 7 of 54
I'm happy that I've got zero site costs with my builder. I used to be a sales estimator for m3tric0n so before I signed I looked for what was included in the base price of the house before I signed. And just in case I had a provisional sum for a P class.
aziem
I'm happy that I've got zero site costs with my builder. I used to be a sales estimator for m3tric0n so before I signed I looked for what was included in the base price of the house before I signed. And just in case I had a provisional sum for a P class.

So your soil report did not classified H?
mervyn
aziem

So your soil report did not classified H?

No it was an "S"
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would finally update you as we have just had some results in regards to our issue.
To cut a long story short, basically we questioned the dates written on the report compared to when PD had said the report was completed as they were conflicting dates.... also the title of our report said the report was completed in the general area of our block... so they never even sighted our block (hence why they charged us for the pegs not being there) so PD wrote to me saying to ease my mind they will request a second soil and survey test free of charge and say to the company that does the surveying that the customer requested the test be completed on their block....this happened 2 weeks ago.
We final received the 2nd report today, saying that after sighting our block the report has gone from a P class site to a M class report, however PD also wrote the following in my email..... this extra Soil and Survey test was ordered as a matter of courtesy as our Contractors had some dates noted up incorrectly, and they also did not take soil off your direct site. As per our normal procedures, we will not re-estimate your site costs until we receive the final Soil and Survey when your site is readySo we still don’t know how much our site costs will be until our land is titled.... so as it stands when we sign our contract on Friday our site costs that will be quoted are still for the P class site not the M class site Once our land will be titled then they will refigure the site costs!!!!
If there is more than 300mm of fill on your block after the tiltles are done it will probabilly be a P class.
Is your block in a high or low area? Because if its in a low area you might get some fill.
I dont know if we are in high or low area... we are in stage 8.
Land settled on Friday at last!

Just wondering if anyone has started building? I was down there a week or two ago and there were a couple of slabs down and fences up. Won't be long and there will be a lot of activity happening.

kayjay
Gday,

i just started building. im building on lot 215. hoping to have the slab down this week sometime
Slab went down today. cant believe how fast the surrounding houses are going up.slab down one week then the next week the frame is up. crazy
Congratulations on the Slab going down. I envy you, I wish my house was ready to start but plans have not even gone in yet.

Christmas will be here before I start with the way things are going.

Kayjay
Will be making a phone call to our next doors neighbours builder and thanking him for using our water, leaving the left over concrete all over our property along with beer bottles and cans. I love how no one has respect for anyone else or their property anymore.
Syrus
Will be making a phone call to our next doors neighbours builder and thanking him for using our water, leaving the left over concrete all over our property along with beer bottles and cans. I love how no one has respect for anyone else or their property anymore.
[quote="Syrus"]

Who is the builder Syrus?
kayjay67
Syrus
Syrus

Who is the builder Syrus?

I have no idea. I'm ringing the people who approve the houses in the estate and asking them on monday. Then i will ring the builder and tell them nicely to stop using our property as a dumping ground and use their own clients water. As im not sure if our builder will charge us to remove the concrete of our property, so i have emailed them and let them know what has happened.
Went down to have a look today for the first time in about a month, and wow - so much activity!! Lots of houses up to frame stage some with the roof and even garage bricked. Still no progress on the roads and footpaths on our stage yet, but exciting to see things happening!!
hi i have a block on stage 7 on mountain view ave,does anyone have any idea when they think the land will be ready for title,love to hear your response from anyone with any info,have a great day
thanks emilio.
hi there! its emilio again i would also love to hear from anyone who has bought their block close to or next to lot 731 mountianview blvd also any update on title release and transfers,was there yesterday,seen contsrction workers doing drainage i front of my lot,now thats a good sign
,linda says end of july but with all this damn rain ! god knows.thanks
Hi Emilio I have bought Lot 733 which I think is just a couple of doors down from you! I haven't heard anything in relation to title . . . just spoke to the sales guys down at the land and was told that they had to put a massive drain in Stage 7 which will take water down to the peninsular! Not sure what this means however they did say that they have had heaps of rain and up the top of Stage 7 is a quagmire! Developer wants it finished by 30 June but the rain will be the big problem!
[quote="Julie18"]Hi Emilio I have bought Lot 733 which I think is just a couple of doors down from you! I haven't heard anything in relation to title . . . just spoke to the sales guys down at the land and was told that they had to put a massive drain in Stage 7 which will take water down to the peninsular! Not sure what this means however they did say that they have had heaps of rain and up the top of Stage 7 is a quagmire! Developer wants it finished by 30 June but the rain will be the big problem!
/quote]
hey julie,its nice to meet you,wow 733 is one door up haha,julie i have to tell ya saleswoman linda is a really nice chick,comes over a bit strong but she is fun and knows her job well and her off sider is pretty cool also,she has told me today that the brown group(fraser brown of all poeple haha) wants stage seven and 8 all wrapped up by end of next month also ,when i was at my lot on sunday i seen one side had the huge water pipes in stalled but other side not in yet,i guess this week things will be happening,the rest of the estate brings tears to my eyes because all is see is slabs going in every where i look .
anyway julie take care and talk to you soon.
They have started on our block this week (309 Olivebank cresent). Can't wait to go and see this weekend.
Great to see all the work going on at the moment - 5 homes in the display village underway. frames popping up everywhere, William Thwaites Boulevard extension well underway.

My lady and I have commenced a blog, not that I've contributed anything yet. We're at 1134 so drop by the blog and say hello.

http://destination3977.blogspot.com/
Related
12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum