Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 600 of 788
Piering, internal plumbing & formwork complete!
Slab to be poured thurs if no rain…all ready to build up now…well done BH

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/totiegirl14/IMG_8683_zpsndmopuks.jpg
zoey93
Hi Guys,
plans have just come out of council, and colour apt for the internal is in 2 weeks, what sorts of things did you upgrade and roughly how much are things priced at. any info would be great so I am prepared when we go for our apt

thanks

Hi Zoey, check out my blog for upgrades. If you want prices let me know and ill send it too you

lileegirl
Piering, internal plumbing & formwork complete!
Slab to be poured thurs if no rain…all ready to build up now…well done BH

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w449/totiegirl14/IMG_8683_zpsndmopuks.jpg

Omg yay!! So happy for you!

Woohooo finally Lileegirl so happy for you

thanks guys, still pinching myself it's finally happening!
my friends moscato has the roof on already, bricks to come next. it's so exciting seeing hers ahead of ours, we know whats coming up
Hi smallz2007...
our bricks will be finished on Friday... Still looks so far away - but 12 weeks not that far I suppose!
Not seeing the photo part on my phone - will have a go at photobucket...

These are from last week. Fair bit more done since then - will take more pics tomorrow

el-verdelho

These are from last week. Fair bit more done since then - will take more pics tomorrow

looking forward to seeing it come together over the next 12wks!
can I ask what are the 2 brick piers in the front yard, in the 2nd pic?
lileegirl
el-verdelho

looking forward to seeing it come together over the next 12wks!
can I ask what are the 2 brick piers in the front yard, in the 2nd pic?

They're the pergola thing we had to have for our estate guidelines as "corner treatment"... Personally think they're a stupid waste of money haha but had to have them!
kays_first_home
Amanda83
But of an update on our build. Driveway was poured yesterday and SS is still on track for handover on keys our contract due date which is 12 April

Looks so nice! Bet you are so excited!

Yep def can't wait.

Haven't been on since my last post but wanted to say thanks for the comments on my driveway.

Hubby and I are getting very excited... We had a meeting with BW owner, austral rep, brickie supervisor and our SS to sort out our bricks which we have come to an agreement so that is good it is one less thing to think/worry about. SS said that they are on track for us to have our walk thru next wed or thurs and if all is good (which we are expecting it will be as we have daily access to it and know what to expect) then BW will issue the invoice and once it's paid they will hand the keys over so we are expecting it to be by end of next week or beg of the next week.

That's great Amanda very exciting!

zoey93
Hi Guys,
plans have just come out of council, and colour apt for the internal is in 2 weeks, what sorts of things did you upgrade and roughly how much are things priced at. any info would be great so I am prepared when we go for our apt

thanks

Hey Zoey great to hear ur plans are out of council. It's exciting getting to the colours appt. hubby and I had unexpected costs for our build which ended up eating into our savings which we would have spent at our contract appt, so we were very strict with what we wanted to upgrade and had only Upgraded things which were difficult to do later. We upgraded our toilets which was about $350-$400 each, we put draws in the vanities $120 each and changed the handles throughout the house. We didn't upgrade the kitchen cause it worked out cheaper for us to do at a later date.

Hey Smallz just heard from our SS looks like our move in date is 4th May - probably a week later than we expected but 12 months to the since our whole process started

Gee, thats great rebuild. We signed paid deposit last Feb, contract signed in last Sept, and won't be in till July (they say).

Looking at our house today, half the house is now bricked. Very happy with progress so far. Hopefully next week or two will be our electrical and air con rough ins.

I did buy some beautiful glass and concrete pendant lights for over kitchen bench at Masters last fortnight when they had a 40% off sale. They sell same ones in Beacon lighting, but for a much cheaper price! Can't wait to see them in, as I think they will look great!

I am thinking of getting timber/metal industrial stools for kitchen, but wondering if they were pushed or fell over, would they possibly crack the floor tiles??? They are just standard tiles, glued to slab.

Today's work! Brick layers moving quickly now!!
Should be finished tomorrow by the looks of things

Woohoo rebuild that's so exciting,the count down is real now!!

Well I'm thinking were 2-3weeks behind you than fingers crossed,painting starts Monday and tiling the following if all goes to plan..

Looks great el-verdelho love your brick choice

What bricks are they el-verdelho?
Verdelho5T
What bricks are they el-verdelho?

They're Whitsunday Brampton - originally had Urban One Latte, had to change just two weeks ago because of a bad batch but so happy we did!! Love the new bricks more!
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum